Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 05:38:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Andy Williams  (Read 15800 times)

IDM

• VSC Member
Re: Andy Williams
« Reply #30 on December 27, 2015, 09:17:57 pm by IDM »
Tyson. Not seen a striker spend so much time on the floor since the Lewis Guy days.

Or being fouled frequently?  Scunthorpe put the spoilers on much like Rochdale did, and even though the result may not have been any different otherwise, the officials were weak to this and let it happen.

Tysoe got wrestled all game, ref gave nowt. He was fed up and kicked out before being taken off

And should have got a yellow card for that, but didn't..

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on December 28, 2015, 09:07:12 am by Donnywolf »
.... and what about what looked from West Stand like a "naughty" lunge in on their Keeper in first half ?

May have missed him altogether but we were waiting for a Card there too

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on December 28, 2015, 03:16:58 pm by Copps is Magic »
Williams has the touch of an elephant.

Pretty decent elephant.

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on December 28, 2015, 03:23:10 pm by andyst79 »
Beat me 2 it CIM

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on December 28, 2015, 03:40:01 pm by mushRTID »
Liam hoden;

12 - Stunning finish from Andy Williams. Beautiful touch from the striker and he finishes with outside of foot #oafc 0 #drfc 1 #starlive

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on December 28, 2015, 03:46:17 pm by mushRTID »
Scored again. Quality striker

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on December 28, 2015, 03:49:13 pm by dknward2 »
12 for the season now on for the hat trick now

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on December 28, 2015, 03:49:29 pm by Copps is Magic »
 :bbscarf:

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on December 28, 2015, 03:53:23 pm by mushRTID »
Carries on like this we might have to fight off January interest. Stranger things have happened and everyone is looking for a goalscorer

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on December 28, 2015, 04:09:48 pm by dknward2 »
Don't think he would leave for another league one side having just moved up here but if a championship side came in then maybe

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on December 28, 2015, 04:17:07 pm by les@donr »
I think Fergie will say to him that his best interests would be stay put and see how things end up when the season finishes. He has still some learning to do at Rovers.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on December 28, 2015, 04:29:47 pm by jonnydog »
What contract did PD tie him down to?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on December 28, 2015, 04:34:16 pm by drfchound »
Wasn't it three years?

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on December 28, 2015, 11:41:19 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
We need some options to lighten the load of Williams, we have Tyson for me atleast another striker, maybe two are needed, i like the Hibs striker Cummings, he is ready now to move onto a better level, he has another year and a half left on his contract, so would cost something decent.
Williams is pure class at finishing a ball, best when finishing instinctive, the more he thinks, that seems to be when things go wrong. His touch can be really good, then at other times he can look poor, but drop a ball into the box and he has a knack of knowing exactly what needs to be done.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on December 28, 2015, 11:44:00 pm by les@donr »
Sammy at Swindon Williams had the support of an attacking midfielder who lay the ball for Williams to score, have we got that person at Rovers, or do we need to buy him, then who?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on December 28, 2015, 11:46:33 pm by dickos1 »
He's scored something like 8 goals in 10 games I'm sure we don't need to be worrying about getting someone in to supply chances for him

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on December 28, 2015, 11:51:27 pm by Campsall rover »
That elephant scored another 2 goals today.
Everyone had a bad day against Scunny. The most important thing is how they react to a defeat. This lot are showing grit and determination to win, there were some very tired legs 2nd half today.  :thumbsup:

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on December 28, 2015, 11:53:24 pm by les@donr »
That elephant scored another 2 goals today.
Everyone had a bad day against Scunny. The most important thing is how they react to a defeat. This lot are showing grit and determination to win, there were some very tired legs 2nd half today.  :thumbsup:

I can think a lot of animals that Williams looks like, an elephant is not one of them, has too much guile.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on December 29, 2015, 12:16:25 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Sammy at Swindon Williams had the support of an attacking midfielder who lay the ball for Williams to score, have we got that person at Rovers, or do we need to buy him, then who?

Forrester was supposed to be that player, then he tried Wellens but it was really his role, we have needed a player of that sort for a long time.
 But the manager has gone about it a different way, Grant isn't a playmaker, but he is dangerous and scores goals. Stewart is capable of goals, then Tyson will have his run of goals, we just need one or two other options to support what we have between midfield and attack.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on December 29, 2015, 12:23:20 pm by les@donr »
Sammy, Are we lacking a player in the "hole" position behind the Striker(s)? If so, who do you suggest could be brought in to do such a role?

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on December 29, 2015, 05:17:58 pm by karldew »
Anyone reckon Williams top league 1 scorer? Currently on 8 league goals with Armstrong (Coventry) on 13.
Williams is 16/1 and E/W is 1/4 of the odds. He is only 2 goals off being in the top 4 of his form is pretty good. Possibly a few of the players above moving in January?

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on December 29, 2015, 06:52:54 pm by Yorkiered »
Williams has the touch of an elephant.

Pretty decent elephant.

He scored a terrific goal yesterday....................... but I wonder why DF had him working on his first touch in training the day before?
But then no doubt you know better than the manager don't you.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on December 29, 2015, 07:20:48 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Top class finishing from him recently. Turning and finishing with left and right.

We've not seen this class of finishing for some time. Striking the ball early shows a man playing with confidence in his ability. Long may he continue.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on December 29, 2015, 07:26:07 pm by les@donr »
First goal against Oldham was sheer class. Hope Williams get 20+ this season.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on December 29, 2015, 08:03:09 pm by Donnywolf »
First goal against Oldham was sheer class. Hope Williams get 20+ this season.

Was a great strike for sure ! Lets have more of them I say and we will be on the rise up the table and looking up not down !

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on December 29, 2015, 08:04:36 pm by Campsall rover »
Very good chance he will score 20 goals in the league alone. (22 matches to get 12 goals)
As long as he stays fit of course!

bally1950

« Reply #56 on December 29, 2015, 08:05:15 pm by bally1950 »
Second was pure skill to get the back spin on the ball, over the defender onto  the post and the ability to spin the ball into the net  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on December 30, 2015, 03:26:34 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Sammy, Are we lacking a player in the "hole" position behind the Striker(s)? If so, who do you suggest could be brought in to do such a role?

There aren't many of that type of player around, the lad at Colchester i have always liked Moncur, a really good player who could score playing more advanced.
 Harriot the left winger on loan from Charlton to colchester is another, i would definitely pay a fee for him he is potentially very good.
Why Charlton have loaned him out i have no idea because he is championship quality, being wasted in a struggling team.
There are a few in non league, but it's whether the club is quick enough, and brave enough to take the chance on one.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on December 30, 2015, 05:02:16 pm by les@donr »
Sammy why don't you offer your services to the club, even on a commission basis?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on December 30, 2015, 05:17:40 pm by Campsall rover »

There aren't many of that type of player around, the lad at Colchester i have always liked Moncur, a really good player who could score playing more advanced.
 Harriot the left winger on loan from Charlton to colchester is another, i would definitely pay a fee for him he is potentially very good.
Why Charlton have loaned him out i have no idea because he is championship quality, being wasted in a struggling team.
There are a few in non league, but it's whether the club is quick enough, and brave enough to take the chance on one.
You should be chief scout, get on the phone to Fergie.
Yes I remember Harriot from the Colchester match and he looked a handful.
If he signs Stewart I don't see him looking for another wide player though.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012