Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 07, 2024, 08:34:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: It's official - McKay twins both gone...  (Read 13636 times)

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
Re: It's official - McKay twins both gone...
« Reply #30 on January 11, 2016, 07:50:42 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
Best of luck to them both.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on January 11, 2016, 07:51:46 pm by Superspy »
I'm really surprised to see people moaning about the board as a result of this on the club's Facebook page. Surely if they weren't going to get in the current team it makes sense to cash out. As Rob said...this is what works for us right now, we've had a couple of younger players break through and be offered decent contracts, and a couple not break through and be sold. I don't see what the problem is...

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on January 11, 2016, 08:06:37 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I'm really surprised to see people moaning about the board as a result of this on the club's Facebook page. Surely if they weren't going to get in the current team it makes sense to cash out. As Rob said...this is what works for us right now, we've had a couple of younger players break through and be offered decent contracts, and a couple not break through and be sold. I don't see what the problem is...

Key word there is facebook.

Only time will tell if the club has done right but given their father you can't help but think it's not all it seems or that he's used influence to move them on, like any dad would. Can't knock that, but I haven't seen anything of them to really care about this one.

If it was middleton or lund then I would be worried.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on January 11, 2016, 08:11:04 pm by Superspy »

Key word there is facebook.

Yeah I did think that, but with the amount of cross-over between social media and fan groups I thought there might have been a consistent thread among them. Clearly just me being naive. :)

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on January 11, 2016, 08:20:36 pm by RedJ »

Terry Bramall could resurrect Jesus and some of our fans on Facebook would say he waited too long.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on January 11, 2016, 08:25:42 pm by drfc1951 »
Some of our fans will always moan about the board no matter what.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on January 11, 2016, 08:29:42 pm by jonnydog »
Right decision in my opinion.

It seems a strange one cos they certainly don't come across as the next Charlton or Neville brothers. In which case what is the need to keep them both together?

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on January 11, 2016, 08:34:28 pm by vaya »
Right decision in my opinion.

It seems a strange one cos they certainly don't come across as the next Charlton or Neville brothers. In which case what is the need to keep them both together?

They're twins - have we pulled a fast one and just sold them the same player twice?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 08:36:38 pm by vaya »

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on January 11, 2016, 08:37:09 pm by Superspy »
Terry Bramall could resurrect Jesus and some of our fans on Facebook would say he waited too long.

Haha, quote of the day, right there!

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on January 11, 2016, 08:40:27 pm by Wiltshire Exile »
Just why are some transfer fees "undisclosed?"

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on January 11, 2016, 08:41:56 pm by Muttley »
Just why are some transfer fees "undisclosed?"

Why are any transfer fees disclosed?

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on January 11, 2016, 08:45:50 pm by bpoolrover »
Only time will tell if it's the right move,I'm sure we will have offered them contract extensions as surely that would make us more money out of the deal

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on January 11, 2016, 08:46:47 pm by les@donr »
Maybe their heads were turned by going to a "big" club, "The Champions of Europe".

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on January 11, 2016, 08:59:17 pm by keith79 »
And they turned us down?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on January 11, 2016, 09:12:45 pm by SydneyRover »
"In the general scheme of things I actually think it's good for our academy. We now have both players breaking through into the first team and players we are selling to other clubs. That's how it should work in the long run so we reap the playing and financial rewards"C I M

I agree, the academy is there to compliment the 'business' that is Doncaster Rovers, nurturing talent, keeping the ones that fit into the team and management style and profiting from the sale of the others.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on January 11, 2016, 09:22:19 pm by Jonathan »
Oh well, onwards and upwards.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on January 11, 2016, 09:43:01 pm by Filo »
Under EPPP rules we may only have got £10k each for them

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on January 11, 2016, 10:00:21 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Maybe their heads were turned by going to a "big" club, "The Champions of Europe".

Well West Ham didn't turn their heads or maybe ...........................West Hams heads weren't turned............

bally1950

« Reply #48 on January 11, 2016, 10:09:12 pm by bally1950 »
They gone, they are history bye bye  :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on January 11, 2016, 10:09:47 pm by The Red Baron »
Under EPPP rules we may only have got £10k each for them

I don't think those rules are applicable here because they were on professional contracts. Last year we were concerned that both McKays and Mandeville might be poached under EPPP rules so we gave them 18 month deals. Those expire at the end of the season.

I'd be interested to know whether either or both were offered new contracts. If they weren't going to accept them we would have lost both at the end of the season and wouldn't have got much back.

Having said that, I doubt we've got huge money but hopefully we've got appearance and sell-on clauses.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on January 11, 2016, 10:18:14 pm by Draytonian III »
Hasn't the fat lad Evans been spotted in Bawtry drinking with their dad ? I  very much doubt that either of them will ever play in the Vermin's 1st team, more than likely be shunted out on loan to Halifax or Guiseley then be freed at the end of their deal. Willie Mckay and Steve Evans,peas in a very dubious pod

CJK

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on January 11, 2016, 10:30:32 pm by CJK »
Nah come off it, you'd never get Steve Evans in a pod.

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on January 11, 2016, 10:35:16 pm by Lifelong supporter »
Did anyone see Liam Hoden's tweet about the McKays?
He said he asked the manager about them after the Stoke game but Fergie refused to comment.
Do you think Fergie may not be happy about them leaving, or the way the deal has been done?

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on January 11, 2016, 10:49:38 pm by Canadian Rover »
Quote from: Superspy link=topic=255746.msg600454#msg600454
[/quote

P
Yep...but he's not great with crosses though is he?

:whistle:

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on January 11, 2016, 10:50:19 pm by bpoolrover »
Hasn't the fat lad Evans been spotted in Bawtry drinking with their dad ? I  very much doubt that either of them will ever play in the Vermin's 1st team, more than likely be shunted out on loan to Halifax or Guiseley then be freed at the end of their deal. Willie Mckay and Steve Evans,peas in a very dubious pod
to be fair that's what happens to most of our young players,at least they prob got a pay increase

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on January 11, 2016, 11:05:46 pm by DearneValleyRover »
He said he asked the manager about them after the Stoke game but Fergie refused to comment.
Do you think Fergie may not be happy about them leaving, or the way the deal has been done?

No

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on January 12, 2016, 12:45:35 am by Sammy Chung was King »
On the twitter link, a really funny comment popped up ''A reincarnation of the Snodin brothers''!, and they say there's no humour in Leeds fans!. Hope there is a sell on fee just in case, don't agree with the undisclosed rubbish, everybody should be able to know the fee involved!.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on January 12, 2016, 07:12:12 am by The Red Baron »

Would you expect him to comment on something that hadn't been completed?

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on January 12, 2016, 07:50:15 am by Muttley »

Would you expect him to comment on something that hadn't been completed?

I don't think Lifelong Supporter has got to grips yet with the fact that the current management do business in a very different way to his lord and master.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on January 12, 2016, 08:08:18 am by Alan Southstand »
It was only a few weeks ago I was reading about the manager saying they were going nowhere - so much for that statement!

I wonder out of all those commenting on how good these two lads are, how many have actually seen them play? I've watched them play for the youth side a few times last season and there is/was great potential and, to me, its a loss, whichever way you look at it. They may not have been ready yet, but they will be ready at some point. IMHO, the problem is, someone in the family is keen to rake in some riches for them and that has been evident for some time.

Its done, anyway, and that's that. The decks are now well and truly cleared and I can't see there being anymore outgoings. What we desperately need to hear, now, is that we've got 2 or 3 coming in that will make an impact on the first team. After all the positivity of the weekend, I hope we don't lapse into negativity again. 4 players gone, out of our squad size, is leaving a massive hole. Let's hope DF has a few pegs, of the right shape, lined up to fill the holes.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012