Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 08:57:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Attendance last night  (Read 20874 times)

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
Attendance last night
« on January 27, 2016, 10:02:32 pm by Padge_DRFC »
4800 there. 170 from Port Vale. How many season tickets did we sell? Was it 4k? If so worrying that probably 6 or 700 paid on the gate last night and I bet a lot were freebies.

We're probably near the relegation on attendances this season.

Wonder how much the directors are gonna have to put in again this season?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
Re: Attendance last night
« Reply #1 on January 27, 2016, 10:04:54 pm by Sad-Rovers »
Two big cup crowds should bump up the season average, Padge.

I'm a Season Ticket Holder and even I thought about stopping home in the warm last night. To be honest after that performance I wish I had!

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 27, 2016, 10:40:21 pm by keith79 »
£23 last night

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 28, 2016, 12:42:39 am by Sammy Chung was King »
This game was crying out for testing the fifteen quid admission, the club needs to look at this and find a way they can afford it to be fifteen quid, if not all the time, then a regular thing for midweek.
It's hard if as SM said they only make around seven quid at the normal prices, but i think it shows, people in this town will not pay that amount regularly in big enough numbers.

northerncasual

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 28, 2016, 07:08:05 am by northerncasual »
I think we have to accept that this is our normal level of support , it's not just cost . There's a lot who jumped on the bandwagon with promotion after Wembley who just lost interest , the prices were similar then and look at the crowds .i know some will say " look at the opposition but I come to see DRFC whoever they play not the opposition!!

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 28, 2016, 07:25:49 am by MrFrost »
That must be one of the lowest attendances since the Conference which is worrying.

I don't reckon they've bottomed out yet either, struggle next season and we will see sub 4000 attendances.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 28, 2016, 08:33:43 am by bpoolrover »
Problem is Sammy, how many more do u think would of turned up on Tuesday at15 quid

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on January 28, 2016, 08:46:43 am by Donnywolf »
... given that Liverpool v Stoke was on Telly.

Stay in - in the warm - watch your second Team (or at least 2 current Prem sides) and save 15 or 23 quid - plus Bus Fare or Petrol - get a Tea Coffee Beer whenever you want one

Its not a surprise the Gate was low and even at 15 would not have been up that much imo

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 28, 2016, 11:51:24 am by graingrover »
It's time Supporters reps got together to get the Football League to put an end to ALL Tuesday ight games espeially these id winter ones . Many supporters live way out of town , some have many miles to travel , most have work till 6 or 7 oclock . Extend the season for three weeks into late spring and for once put supporters first .

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on January 28, 2016, 12:11:05 pm by The Red Baron »
Would be nice, Brian, but I can't see it working unless you drastically reduce the size of the Leagues. You might do it if you cut the PL to 18 clubs and the rest to 20, but the clubs will never vote for that.

Playing all Cup games in midweek would help, but that would be the final nail in the coffin of the FA Cup.

One thing I don't get though is why we have to rearrange postponed games so soon. The Port Vale and Walsall matches might have drawn better crowds if we'd been able to stage them in March or April, when the weather is likely to be warmer. I suppose the authorities are worried about fixture backlogs.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on January 28, 2016, 12:29:08 pm by Donnywolf »
... just remind me why we could not play them in their original slot pls ?

Are they FA Cup / JPT affected ?

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on January 28, 2016, 01:06:24 pm by Jenny »
We should have played Port Vale when we played Stoke and we should be playing Walsall on Saturday but they are still in the FA Cup.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on January 28, 2016, 01:06:53 pm by Draytonian III »
We should have played on the 9th of Jan , F A cup R3 day

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on January 28, 2016, 01:07:38 pm by eastender »
Problem is Sammy, how many more do u think would of turned up on Tuesday at15 quid

It would be a nice gesture by the club if they let any one who purchased a Port Vale ticket at full price , have the chance to get 1 for the Walsall game at a reduced price. ( Probably a bit late now though)  :(

I wouldn't blame anyone who paid £23 for that rubbish served up on Tuesday , not bothering next Tuesday.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 28, 2016, 01:45:37 pm by The Red Baron »
There's now a promotion for Season Ticket holders. Bring two friends for £15 each.

http://mobile.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/article/a-game-2925357.aspx

IMO probably a bit late to do this now, but might get a few along.

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 28, 2016, 02:03:24 pm by knockers »
It also says that's a huge saving of £18 which would suggest that tickets should be £24 each
Are they going up a pound a game?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 28, 2016, 03:15:58 pm by MrFrost »
Smacks of desperation to try and get more people in at the last minute.

I'm sure we've been here before.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on January 28, 2016, 06:11:09 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Damned if they do, damned if they don't. Don't forget they are limited to the number of 'offer' games and, the PV game was a re-arranged game so they have to stick to the same price.

All comes back to getting it right from the outset. I don't think the reduction to £15 will swell the numbers that much (given dip in form) but it might help.

I don't think it will be too long before we here the structure for prices for next season however, if they stick to previous campaigns, they won't publish match day prices for a while yet.

Personally, I'd rather they made the commitment by publishing all the prices at the same time so that we can make the best choice for our individual circumstances.

NigelJ

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on January 28, 2016, 07:05:16 pm by NigelJ »
Damned if they do, damned if they don't. Don't forget they are limited to the number of 'offer' games and, the PV game was a re-arranged game so they have to stick to the same price.
The Walsall game is also a rearranged game.

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on January 28, 2016, 07:47:19 pm by DaveDRFC »
It also says that's a huge saving of £18 which would suggest that tickets should be £24 each
Are they going up a pound a game?

Pretty sure standard match day price is £24 in the category A areas (ie central part of the West and East Stands) and £23 everywhere else.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on January 28, 2016, 11:20:37 pm by Sammy Chung was King »

I thought about this after i wrote it Blackpool, and i think you have a point, it wasn't the best of nights weatherwise, it probably wouldn't have improved much with the numbers, can't fault the club they are trying, in the end some will go to the games some won't.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on January 29, 2016, 07:50:31 am by Donnywolf »
... and nobody has mentioned that lots of Kids don't go on a Tuesday night with School the next day.

That may be a scenario that loses us one or more Child off the Gate but perhaps loses us more as the Parent(s) themselves may also decide not to go without the Kid(s).

I dare say some Parents ONLY go to the Games as their children may be real fans whereas they themselves are not

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on January 29, 2016, 08:14:53 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
I really don't know what the answer is, other than keep the price reasonable, play well, and they will come. Do the opposite, and they definitely won't!

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on January 29, 2016, 01:50:07 pm by mrfrostsdad »
The problem is, if prices are reduced to £15 on a 'regular' basis, you'll lose even more season ticket holders. The club never release how many ST's we sell, but I don't think it was anywhere near 4000 this season, and I suspect it will be less next year

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on January 29, 2016, 02:04:25 pm by Jenny »
I'm not sure you would - £15 a game is still more expensive than a SS season ticket, plus the extra benefits you get being a season ticket holder.

I'd personally rather have more in the ground even if it does slightly devalue the price of my ticket.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on January 30, 2016, 10:00:03 am by mrfrostsdad »
My season ticket is £399. 15x23 is £345. Yes, I could get a ST in the South Stand cheaper, but I don't want to sit in the South Stand. And I miss several games a season because of work. It's very unlikely I will buy a season ticket next season.
But the whole point is: we have so few season ticket holders, in fact so few fans at the moment, we cannot afford to alienate them and have the numbers fall any further. I suspect that if £15 became the norm we would lose many more STH unless the price of season tickets fell substantially.

And I have no idea what the 'extra benefits' are of being a STH. Other than having one of the best seats in the ground

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on January 30, 2016, 10:02:45 am by Sad-Rovers »
My season ticket is £399. 15x23 is £345. Yes, I could get a ST in the South Stand cheaper, but I don't want to sit in the South Stand. And I miss several games a season because of work. It's very unlikely I will buy a season ticket next season.
But the whole point is: we have so few season ticket holders, in fact so few fans at the moment, we cannot afford to alienate them and have the numbers fall any further. I suspect that if £15 became the norm we would lose many more STH unless the price of season tickets fell substantially.

And I have no idea what the 'extra benefits' are of being a STH. Other than having one of the best seats in the ground

10% off in club shop, first dibs on away tickets off the top of my head.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on January 30, 2016, 10:21:45 am by MrFrost »
The first dabs on away tickets is pretty pointless at the moment as we won't come close to selling out an away game.

Hopefully that might change next season.

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on January 30, 2016, 10:27:59 am by Sad-Rovers »
we have so few season ticket holders, in fact so few fans at the moment, we cannot afford to alienate them and have the numbers fall any further.

Our attendances (and almost certainly ST numbers) have been falling since 2008, I think it's safe to say that keeping the status quo isn't working therefore we have to try new things and give them sufficient time to have an impact; unreserved seating, cheaper ticket priced, price promotions. No one wants to be sat in a 14k seat stadium with 4k people in it. I'm with Jenny: 

Quote from: Jenny
I'd personally rather have more in the ground even if it does slightly devalue the price of my ticket.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on January 30, 2016, 10:33:30 am by MrFrost »
I think you're more likely to get more people in the ground with lowest priced season tickets than match day tickets.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012