Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 03:02:30 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Chris Neal  (Read 6348 times)

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
Re: Chris Neal
« Reply #1 on February 18, 2016, 08:11:29 am by The Red Baron »
If Stuckmann is fully fit then I doubt we will want to use up a loan on a keeper.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 18, 2016, 10:31:05 am by wing commander »
   We shouldn't have signed him in the first place..I can think of 9 other positions that need improving before we look at the goalkeeper...We cant send him back until his 30 day loan expires but I would be putting BFG back in the nets now...Panic signing

swintonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 18, 2016, 10:37:23 am by swintonrover »
We signed him because Stuckmann got injured, not because we just fancied having another keeper.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 18, 2016, 11:24:57 am by wing commander »
We didn't need a keeper...Marosi has done okay when he has played and Stuckman missed 1 game...waste of a loan and more importantly budget...

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 18, 2016, 11:34:47 am by The Red Baron »
I think Stuckmann was originally thought likely to be out a few weeks. But I take your point about Marosi. Would have been a chance to see if he's worth another contract.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on February 18, 2016, 11:37:10 am by Wild Rover »
   We shouldn't have signed him in the first place..I can think of 9 other positions that need improving before we look at the goalkeeper...We cant send him back until his 30 day loan expires but I would be putting BFG back in the nets now...Panic signing

You are assuming we paid a Loan fee, or his wages. maybe neither.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 18, 2016, 11:43:23 am by wing commander »
   it's not just about the money though it's about confidence and harmony...Marosi has done nothing wrong when called upon on..He's waited all year for a chance when he expected to play and the result is he's dropped from the squad altogether..Thats told him his Rovers career is over right there and then...While I appreciate DF is a step up from Dickov that was a poor panicky descision as far as I'm concerned..He should have waited for Stuckmans diagnosis...

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 18, 2016, 12:28:13 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Neal is a highly rated keeper so may have been a look for both club and player to a possible move in the summer

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 18, 2016, 12:42:27 pm by wing commander »

Neal is a highly rated keeper so may have been a look for both club and player to a possible move in the summer

Still don't get it Dearne...Stuckman is good enough for this league all day long.The reason Neal wants to move is to get first team football,he wont want to come here and do what he did at Port Vale...And Stuckman wont want to be benched here either,so unless Neal is better which is yet to be proved imo its pointless...We have players who are not good enough in defence,midfield and attack...The goalkeeper is the only position I wasn't worried about but now we will need a backup keeper happy to play second fiddle as Marosi probably wouldnt stay ow even if offered a deal...And I don't blame him either,i wouldn't.....

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on February 18, 2016, 12:54:01 pm by The Red Baron »
How about this for a scenario - not my view but a possible indication of what the gaffer is thinking.

Next year he wants two keepers who can compete for the shirt. He doesn't think Marosi fits that bill but he likes Neal. He extends Neal's loan and allows Marosi to go on loan, gain experience and maybe get fixed up with another club.

As I say, not my thinking because there are other areas of the squad that need greater attention.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 18, 2016, 01:05:02 pm by wing commander »
Nope....Cant see it...Neal wants first team football..He has said it all year at Port Vale apparently and why he has told them he wants to leave.He will sign for a club were he is outright no1 and will have plenty of options as he is a good keeper...Stuckman left Preston because he wanted first team football and felt he was good enough for it...So I don't think at league 1 level you can have 2 excellent keepers..You have a first choice and a young guy learning his trade ready to prove his worth when the chance comes...We had that and I cant for the life of me understand why we felt the need to sign him until we  really knew Stuckmans prognosis...but all about opinions..

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on February 18, 2016, 01:09:52 pm by Mike_F »
Another speculative scenario: BFG has indicated that for whatever reason (personal, family etc.) he wants to move on in the Summer and his injury gave DF the opportunity to effectively offer a trial to Neal now instead of waiting until Summer.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on February 18, 2016, 01:25:14 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Another scenario DF doesn't rate BFG? Not saying he doesn't but it's a theory

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 18, 2016, 01:26:39 pm by Dare to dream! »
I think Neal suits the Ferguson 5-3-2 system better than Stuckman. He's a quick distributer, better on the ball and has pace to perform the sweeper keeper role which is important when playing a high line.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 18, 2016, 05:41:13 pm by RedJ »
I think Stuckmann was originally thought likely to be out a few weeks. But I take your point about Marosi. Would have been a chance to see if he's worth another contract.

I think the thinking was that if Marosi got injured and Stuckmann WAS out for a while, we'd be in the shit having to field an 18 year old nowhere near ready.

Northants Nomad

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on February 18, 2016, 08:45:13 pm by Northants Nomad »
Or as part of DF wanting a younger squad, a goalkeeper of 30 (31 on 23rd October) presents a far better 3-year contract opportunity than a goalkeeper of 34 (35 on 17th March).

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on February 18, 2016, 09:12:48 pm by Chris Black come back »
Too much messing around. Keepers should keep and defenders should defend. We are not in La Ligue where we expect both to actually play football. Just do your bloody basic jobs!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on February 19, 2016, 12:48:35 am by BillyStubbsTears »

I suspect that decision has already been made.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on February 19, 2016, 07:07:59 am by The Red Baron »
Well, it was pretty clear the decision HAD been made when Neal started against Walsall.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on February 20, 2016, 12:35:51 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Marosi has proven in the limited games he has had, he hasn't got enough ability or presence. We badly need two keepers who both want to play, a number two that doesn't pressure the starting keeper is bad for the squad. There are always enough games in the cups, or loss of form for the back up to force himself back in.
It's an ideal time to see how Neal and Stuckmann work together in training for the manager, and also how Stuckmann reacts to proper competition !.
 Neal might just suit how we play better than Stuckmann, it's perfect now to look at both, then the manager might keep both, one or the other, or neither of them, interesting to see what happens.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on February 20, 2016, 02:37:08 pm by Filo »
Gone back to Port Vale and starts for them today

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on February 21, 2016, 06:47:24 pm by phil old leake »
How must Matosi feel.  You sit on the bench waiting to get your chance.  Unfortunately the first choice keeper gets injured then your manager basically says your shit and gets a replacement in.  Good confidence builder that.  Whenever I've seen Matosi play he's looked OK.

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on February 21, 2016, 09:28:36 pm by bobbymax »
How must Matosi feel.  You sit on the bench waiting to get your chance.  Unfortunately the first choice keeper gets injured then your manager basically says your shit and gets a replacement in.  Good confidence builder that.  Whenever I've seen Matosi play he's looked OK.
Unfortunately, whenever I've him seen him play he's looked like a rabbit in headlights but maybe I'm the only one.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012