Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 06:48:42 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Relegation  (Read 31112 times)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
Relegation
« on February 20, 2016, 04:54:58 pm by MrFrost »
Is now looking a real possibility

3 points off the drop as it stands and we don't look like even getting a point at the moment let alone a win.

Everything at the club is a shambles at the moment.

Support is at its lowest levels since the Conference, results and performances are at that level too.

Someone needs to come out and be accountable and state what their plan is to stop the rot. It's not good enough any more.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
Re: Relegation
« Reply #1 on February 20, 2016, 04:58:11 pm by Copps is Magic »
Support isn't the lowest since the conference. In 2006 we averaged 6,139 and this year the average is 6,423.

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 20, 2016, 04:58:26 pm by coventryrover »
did you have that pre typed?

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 20, 2016, 04:59:18 pm by ravenrover »
"Everything at the club is a shambles" a bit strong there Frosty
Agree though that we are in a spot of bother at the moment

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 20, 2016, 04:59:26 pm by MrFrost »
Support isn't the lowest since the conference. In 2006 we averaged 6,139 and this year the average is 6,423.
[/quote
We will compare that at the end of the season

Fact remains the club is on a massive downward spiral

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 20, 2016, 04:59:42 pm by The Red Baron »
I'm afraid it is looking likely. We have stopped scoring. That's the big problem.

murham

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 20, 2016, 04:59:53 pm by murham »
Looking definite
Not good enough for this division
Sad but true
Never mind but can't blame Dickov for all of it this chap ain't that good
Always look on the bright side of life????

Super Colin Cramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 20, 2016, 04:59:59 pm by Super Colin Cramb »
Totally agree. We are now in a relegation dog fight. From recent performances I don't know if the player have got enough of a fighting spirit to get us out of this. 

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 20, 2016, 05:00:07 pm by bobjimwilly »
another loss and we still haven't lost places in the league table. we are lucky this year that there are worse teams than us.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on February 20, 2016, 05:01:15 pm by PDX_Rover »
Some folks just can't wait to press the "we're doomed" button. We won't go down. I'm fairly sure of that. However, it's obvious a major rebuilding job is needed on the team. No doubt that will happen.

To say everything at the club is a shambles is b*llocks.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 20, 2016, 05:01:37 pm by drfchound »
Less than 300 away from that avaerage though Copps and i can't see fans busting a gut to come to home games while it is this bad, can you?
That average is going to drop before the end of the season mate.

murham

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 20, 2016, 05:03:02 pm by murham »
We're doomed
Domed I tell thee

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on February 20, 2016, 05:03:59 pm by bobjimwilly »
Less than 300 away from that avaerage though Copps and i can't see fans busting a gut to come to home games while it is this bad, can you?

nowt we can do about that. we'll scrape over the line, lose at home to burton on the last day (after giving them a guard of honour, no doubt) and major rebuild in the summer following a random tour of Thailand.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 20, 2016, 05:07:36 pm by mushRTID »
Sorry to say last week and today we've looked like a relegation side. Worrying.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 20, 2016, 05:07:36 pm by MrFrost »
Some folks just can't wait to press the "we're doomed" button. We won't go down. I'm fairly sure of that. However, it's obvious a major rebuilding job is needed on the team. No doubt that will happen.

To say everything at the club is a shambles is b*llocks.

What isn't a shambles?

I can remember many people saying we wouldn't get relegated 2 years ago. Look what happened

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 20, 2016, 05:08:56 pm by raggytash »
What can anybody expect with these clowns running the club???? No investment on the playing side whatsoever, kids on loan???? All the top earners gone or near enough... Then all we get is the club as awards for fan engagement etc.... Yes it's that good crowds have dipped to all time lows at the keepmoat... Anyone who says the board is doing a good job is absolutely deluded..

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on February 20, 2016, 05:09:22 pm by Copps is Magic »

It could do, but most likely only slightly. It might even go up slightly as we still have Wigan, Coventry and Burton to play who are all promotion contenders.

I think the actual evidence behind our attendances (-6.7% down on last year) supports a more slow and gradual decline and stagnation in this league. Not the hyperbolic collapse of the club and apocalypse that Frosty is on about.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on February 20, 2016, 05:10:43 pm by MrFrost »
What can anybody expect with these clowns running the club???? No investment on the playing side whatsoever, kids on loan???? All the top earners gone or near enough... Then all we get is the club as awards for fan engagement etc.... Yes it's that good crowds have dipped to all time lows at the keepmoat... Anyone who says the board is doing a good job is absolutely deluded..

Careful, you'll upset those with a rose tinted view.

Everything we built since the dark days slowly being pissed away in the name of being "sustainable"

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on February 20, 2016, 05:12:45 pm by IDM »
f**king hell!

We are in poor form at the moment and yes, we need to stop the rot when it comes to the results on the pitch.

But EVERYTHING at the club is a shambles?

Methinks someone is exaggerating after a disappointing result.

I recommend spending some time away from thinking about football - it is disappointing the form and position we are in, but it aint the end of the world is it?

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on February 20, 2016, 05:13:10 pm by Lipsy »
I think that we all knew that we'd have a bad run at some point this season. This is it, so hopefully we'll win our next game and kick on from there. I don't think we need to start worrying too much about relegation.

Surrey Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on February 20, 2016, 05:13:43 pm by Surrey Rover »
We shouldn't be too surprised at recent results if we look at the nine wins recorded this season. Seven of those have come against teams who are all currently below us in the table, add to that a lucky win over Barnsley and there is the quality of the squad in a nutshell. Only the win at Southend bucked the trend. Here's hoping we pick up maximum points against the teams in and around us for the remainder of the season.

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on February 20, 2016, 05:13:53 pm by raggytash »
Completely agree with frosty... If people look at bare facts the evidence is there and it's only going to get worse...

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on February 20, 2016, 05:15:29 pm by drfc1951 »

Ive said it before and ill say it again,if i were the owners i wouldnt put another penny of my money in the club.
All we have are moaning ungratfull supporters.Where would we be without Bramall and Watson.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on February 20, 2016, 05:16:06 pm by grayx »
We needed to strengthen in January when we got rid of a couple of our high earners.
For some reason we chose not to.
This is the result.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on February 20, 2016, 05:16:49 pm by MrFrost »
Completely agree with frosty... If people look at bare facts the evidence is there and it's only going to get worse...

I'm glad someone does!
Someone has to man up and take the blame for the last 3 seasons.

The board give us lip service every summer about how we've got a promotion winning budget and that we are aiming to get in the Championship. Where is the evidence of this? Someone is taking the piss somewhere.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on February 20, 2016, 05:17:27 pm by MrFrost »

Ive said it before and ill say it again,if i were the owners i wouldnt put another penny of my money in the club.
All we have are moaning ungratfull supporters.Where would we be without Bramall and Watson.

And where are we heading with them?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on February 20, 2016, 05:18:47 pm by dickos1 »
I'm sorry but what is wrong with people? We're having a poor run, and now the whole club is a shambles, clowns running the club, relegation inevitable, we have a load of fans that can't wait to slag the side and the club off
The fact emphasised that they're nowhere to be seen when we're winning or they are moaning about the ticket office or the refreshments
Its pathetic
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 05:21:30 pm by dickos1 »

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on February 20, 2016, 05:20:45 pm by MrFrost »
I'm sorry but what is wrong with people? We're having a poor run, and now the whole club is a shambles, clowns running the club, relegation inevitable, we have a load of fans that can't wait to shag the side and the club off
The fact emphasised that they're nowhere to be seen when we're winning or they more moaning about the ticket office or the refreshments
Its pathetic

I've never been a fan of the whole "sustainability" crap. For me it was destined to fail, and i've made no secret of that my opinion. What is happening now is simply backing up everything i've thought all along.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on February 20, 2016, 05:21:27 pm by The Red Baron »
Totally agree. We are now in a relegation dog fight. From recent performances I don't know if the player have got enough of a fighting spirit to get us out of this. 

I'm not one of those who criricisesd the owners, but I wonder if the manager and players have the spirit required to avoid relegation .

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on February 20, 2016, 05:23:26 pm by raggytash »
Look at the facts dickos?? Nothing against you mate but the evidence is there for all to see... No investment apart from pitiful loans, all the earners sent on there way...time for a change at the top, otherwise it's one way traffic and it's down..

TinyPortal © 2005-2012