Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 04:42:57 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Relegation..  (Read 5755 times)

Rich_The_Conisbrough_Rover

• Forum Member
Relegation..
« on March 08, 2016, 09:07:48 pm by Rich_The_Conisbrough_Rover »
Been optimistic for the last few weeks and convinced myself were just having a bad spell but realistically we are garbage and to be honest, I don't know where points are going to come from.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

bally1950

Re: Relegation..
« Reply #1 on March 08, 2016, 09:08:45 pm by bally1950 »
Or a Goal

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 08, 2016, 09:11:08 pm by Dare to dream! »
I feel the exact same.

For the past few games I've been saying 'this is where we will start and pickup' and I said the same for tonights game. But now I just can't see us getting another point, Shrewsbury were awful and we couldn't even score.

Relegation would be an absaloute disaster for us.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 08, 2016, 09:13:24 pm by MrFrost »
Any other club would be sacking the manager after this run

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 08, 2016, 09:14:33 pm by Dare to dream! »
Any other club would be sacking the manager after this run

Sacking the manager isn't the answer.

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 08, 2016, 09:14:56 pm by rtid88 »
I think it's the only way to stop the rot! Something needs to change if we have any chance of stopping up as Fergie genuinely seems to be clueless!!

Rich_The_Conisbrough_Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 08, 2016, 09:16:26 pm by Rich_The_Conisbrough_Rover »
Didn't realise Oldham have 2 games in hand aswell over us, not good at all. Really are doomed.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on March 08, 2016, 09:16:37 pm by PDX_Rover »
You know what... Maybe Ferguson has to go, along with Blunt. I have to admit, when I saw the appointment, I was not a happy chap. But I heard him out, and initially he seemed to have the goods. Even now, he clearly knows what the issues are.

My worry is - what IS wrong? There has to be something underlying this run. 

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 08, 2016, 09:17:21 pm by Dare to dream! »
Barnsley didn't stop the rot by sacking their manager, they stopped it by sticking with him.

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 08, 2016, 09:18:07 pm by rtid88 »
He clearly doesn't know the issues as he would have brought the players we needed in January but he didn't he brought utter shite in!

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on March 08, 2016, 09:19:26 pm by PDX_Rover »
And then sacked him. Certainly interesting and worrying times. I was thinking out aloud in my post above. We're not a sacking on a whim club. Maybe there's method in the madness?

TheFunk

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 08, 2016, 09:19:53 pm by TheFunk »
I'm beginning to think that there's something rotten running right through the club.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on March 08, 2016, 09:20:03 pm by PDX_Rover »
He clearly doesn't know the issues as he would have brought the players we needed in January but he didn't he brought utter shite in!

Not if Blunt didn't give him the cash.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 08, 2016, 09:26:39 pm by colincramb »
There's still a lot of games to play. That's all I'm saying. You can't say we are doomed. We aren't even in the bottom 4 yet!

bally1950

« Reply #14 on March 08, 2016, 09:33:41 pm by bally1950 »
Scunny running clock down giving away fouls and free kicks. Legalised time wasting

Arksey rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on March 08, 2016, 09:35:50 pm by Arksey rover »
We will be saturday

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on March 08, 2016, 09:38:30 pm by dknward2 »
Yeah lets wait until we are in the bottom four then start messing about change is needed now

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on March 08, 2016, 09:43:23 pm by Chris Black come back »
I'm beginning to think that there's something rotten running right through the club.

This could be total b*llocks - or it could be right on the money.

Can't put my finger on what it is, but we have had three different managers this season and all of them have played the same brand of clueless, gutless, spineless and directionless rubbish.

Amazing how all three managers have effectively morphed into one.

What is the problem?!??!

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on March 08, 2016, 09:43:58 pm by wing commander »
Change is needed at the top....blunt needs to resign or be replaced...

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on March 08, 2016, 09:47:01 pm by wilts rover »
That will get the team playing better will it?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on March 08, 2016, 09:47:55 pm by Chris Black come back »
I think Blunt is the least of our worries. He is titular chairman.

Money bankrolling our loses is not his and the decisions about managing budget are made by Baldwin not Blunt.

Getting rid of Blunt solves nothing about the direction of the club.

Our owners pretty much have the right idea about how we should be run but sweet jesus someone needs to get a grip of the club and sort this out.

If only we had a passionate, charismatic chairman who could shake us out of this malaise in these final few crucial games....

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on March 08, 2016, 09:54:59 pm by hoolahoop »

Money bankrolling our loses is not his and the decisions about managing budget are made by Baldwin not Blunt.

Our owners pretty much have the right idea about how we should be run but sweet jesus someone needs to get a grip of the club and sort this out.

If only we had a passionate, charismatic chairman who could shake us out of this malaise in these final few crucial games....

Ok you've hooked me . Is this the same guy who tried to buy us out on a crowd/hedgefunder whilst not putting any of his money up front ? In other words a titular Chairman ?

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on March 08, 2016, 10:04:28 pm by PDX_Rover »
A fake titular chairman you mean...

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on March 08, 2016, 10:18:08 pm by Chris Black come back »

Ok you've hooked me . Is this the same guy who tried to buy us out on a crowd/hedgefunder whilst not putting any of his money up front ? In other words a titular Chairman ?

To be fair to him, he did own 33% of the club at the time...

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on March 08, 2016, 10:19:29 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I can understand the shock of how we have capitulated in recent weeks but even trying to explain it is a conundrum. For the life of me, I can't see how the board can be directly responsible for the output, or lack of it, on the pitch.

Yes, there may be some issues about leadership,  decisions made in January however, we have seen these players produce better and get results.

It seems DF, nor any of us could have foreseen this catastrophic loss of form, and blow me, it seems we're short of ideas of how to stop it. Sacking the manager seems to be a cop out.

JR may have been many things but he was not a miracle worker and couldn't prevent our relegation from the championship. There's hundreds of ifs, but we are where we are and it looks like we're going to need some inspiration from somewhere. Johnson found something at Barnsley, we need to find it pronto.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on March 08, 2016, 10:20:49 pm by dickos1 »
And then sacked him. Certainly interesting and worrying times. I was thinking out aloud in my post above. We're not a sacking on a whim club. Maybe there's method in the madness?

They didn't sack him

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on March 08, 2016, 10:23:24 pm by normal rules »
It's in the past of course but that Shrewsbury game was so important. They beat cov tonight and now have six points on rovers.

Any doubt about possible relegation scrap has now evaporated. Squeaky bum end to season.

The rovers roller coaster continues.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on March 08, 2016, 10:49:23 pm by drfchound »
Now only eleven games to get the thirteen or so points required to stay up.
The people who have been saying we won't be in danger if going down need to wake up to the likely hood that it may happen.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on March 08, 2016, 11:34:31 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
The manager worked wonders to get us the wins we have so far, though he isn't perfect and has made mistakes, the way the defeatist attitude is so ingrained in the club, is the problem.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on March 08, 2016, 11:43:11 pm by bobjimwilly »
I can understand the shock of how we have capitulated in recent weeks but even trying to explain it is a conundrum. For the life of me, I can't see how the board can be directly responsible for the output, or lack of it, on the pitch.

Yes, there may be some issues about leadership,  decisions made in January however, we have seen these players produce better and get results.

It seems DF, nor any of us could have foreseen this catastrophic loss of form, and blow me, it seems we're short of ideas of how to stop it. Sacking the manager seems to be a cop out.

JR may have been many things but he was not a miracle worker and couldn't prevent our relegation from the championship. There's hundreds of ifs, but we are where we are and it looks like we're going to need some inspiration from somewhere. Johnson found something at Barnsley, we need to find it pronto.

well said Baz

TinyPortal © 2005-2012