Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 05:56:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bradford 1st goal  (Read 3971 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Bradford 1st goal
« on March 13, 2016, 11:33:27 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Surely McMahon was offside when the cross came over from Clarke. It's not definitive as the video didn't have McMahon in shot when the cross was struck but seeing where he was when the ball came over, I can't see how he could not have been offside.

It's not an excuse, but we've certainly had the shite end of decisions this year.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
Re: Bradford 1st goal
« Reply #1 on March 13, 2016, 12:09:06 pm by Bentley Bullet »
That's not to mention what looked to me like hand contact to intercept ATS' clearance at the onset of the goal.

Having the shite end of decisions is nothing new to us. Like I've said several times in the past (much to some posters disagreeance) we have rarely been treated fairly by officials since our rise up the leagues, and their bias towards us could be taken as proof that they didn't want T.L.O. Donny up there. Now it appears that the habit is still there as we sink back down again.

The most obvious period of officials 'prejudice' was during our last season in the Championship, when we were given roughly nothing on about 46 different occasions.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on March 13, 2016, 12:11:38 pm by Filo »
That's not to mention what looked to me like hand contact to intercept ATS' clearance at the onset of the goal.

Having the shite end of decisions is nothing new to us. Like I've said several times in the past (much to some posters disagreeance) we have rarely been treated fairly by officials since our rise up the leagues, and their bias towards us could be taken as proof that they didn't want T.L.O. Donny up there. Now it appears that the habit is still there as we sink back down again.

The most obvious period of officials 'prejudice' was during our last season in the Championship, when we were given roughly nothing on about 46 different occasions.

How much different is roughly nothing to nothing? 😀

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 13, 2016, 12:20:39 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Saying we were given nothing may be proved wrong because we might have been given the odd decision to make their bias look less obvious. I used the term 'roughly' nothing to stop any pedants putting me right.

Well, at least I tried!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 13, 2016, 12:24:11 pm by Filo »
So, what is the value of roughly nothing?

Is it nothing?

Or is the value different? 😝

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 13, 2016, 12:44:41 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
BB

Aye. I'm sure there's a cabal of officials a bit like the witches in Macbeth, sat round a big cauldron, cooking up spells to cast on refs who have got Rovers matches...

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on March 13, 2016, 12:48:56 pm by Bentley Bullet »
So, what is the value of roughly nothing?

Nothing. Roughly.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on March 13, 2016, 12:51:51 pm by Bentley Bullet »
BB

Aye. I'm sure there's a cabal of officials a bit like the witches in Macbeth, sat round a big cauldron, cooking up spells to cast on refs who have got Rovers matches...

Your perception of those responsible for giving us the shite end of decisions this year is far more vivid than mine.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on March 13, 2016, 01:07:23 pm by Bentley Bullet »
BST

To bring this thread back to some semblance of seriousness, I believe that the reason for our unfair treatment by officials since our rise up the leagues is more a psychological one that a personal vendetta against Doncaster Rovers.

Refs are intimidated by bigger clubs with bigger names, bigger managers, and bigger support. It is human nature for them to please most of those in attendance.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on March 13, 2016, 01:23:42 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
BB

By that logic, we should get an unfair advantage in this league.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 13, 2016, 01:28:19 pm by albie »
Earwig-o, for those who have not yet seen it;
Bradford v Doncaster - YouTube

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 13, 2016, 03:49:09 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
It looks like Butler may have been playing him onside. The handball looks deliberate.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on March 13, 2016, 03:52:11 pm by Bentley Bullet »
BB

By that logic, we should get an unfair advantage in this league.

BST

Are you suggesting that our team has bigger names, a bigger manager, and bigger support than all the other teams in this league?

POD

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 13, 2016, 04:20:25 pm by POD »
Officials don't cheat and they are not biased for one side against another.

They may be unsighted, in the wrong position, not up with play, distracted or any number of other reasons, but not biased or cheating.  Officials are only human and I do think that in blaming them every week, many fans may be looking in the wrong place for Rovers current demise.

My take on the first goal at Bradford was that as soon as ATS lost the ball, all he could think about was following the player with the ball, rather than getting himself back into a proper position to defend the attack.  When the cross came in from the right, it took out 5 Rovers players who were all "ball watching" leaving two against one in the danger area. 

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on March 13, 2016, 04:36:16 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
BB.

Sorry spadger. I'm out with my kids having a really fun time in what feels like the first day f Spring. You decide what you reckon I'm suggesting.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on March 13, 2016, 04:37:50 pm by Chris Black come back »
That video lowlights doesn't shown e five seconds before their first goal when we JD surrounded possession voluntarily through a piss poor, powder puff 'clearance' from one of our defenders.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012