Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 08:51:16 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Butler  (Read 4776 times)

roversdude

• VSC Member
Butler
« on March 26, 2016, 09:43:28 am by roversdude »
Just watched goals this morning
Has Butler stopped being dizzy after being turned every way for 4th goal - pitiful effort at getting back too

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

leedshayter

• Forum Member
Re: Butler
« Reply #1 on March 26, 2016, 02:56:36 pm by leedshayter »
Really do not rate this lad ,no heart .utter bobbins!

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 26, 2016, 03:09:08 pm by esdailles left foot »

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 26, 2016, 03:11:15 pm by esdailles left foot »
That's unfair, not good enough maybe but gives his all

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 26, 2016, 03:30:38 pm by bpoolrover »
Got to agree you can't fault butlers effort

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 26, 2016, 06:14:56 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
No he clearly cares. Best days behind him though.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on March 26, 2016, 06:18:33 pm by roversdude »
I really like Butler and with a bit more pace he could have been a top defender
For the goal he looked like he had given up

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 26, 2016, 06:40:31 pm by Rovers91 »
He's piss poor but can't fault his effort.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 26, 2016, 08:16:23 pm by Campsall rover »
He was the only one who looked bothered yesterday and that includes Copps.
DF has sucked the life out of our players, they are startled rabbits in front of the headlights.

Away Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on March 26, 2016, 08:23:14 pm by Away Rover »
Andy Williams looked bothered, he went crazy at the players when the 2nd went in. He certainly was showing passion and quite clearly cares. Sadly he's virtually on his own in that respect.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on March 26, 2016, 08:25:22 pm by roversdude »
How did the ATS enigma play

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 26, 2016, 08:43:04 pm by Campsall rover »
Well I have defended him in the past but yesterday he and most of the others were an embarrasment.
As I have said 3 or 4 times over the last 24 hrs DF has turned them into jibering wrecks.
They are so lacking in any belief that they just don't want the ball and are getting rid at the earliest opportunity.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 26, 2016, 08:48:56 pm by Chris Black come back »
Particular low point yesterday were the long balls hammered up vaguely in his direction. Even when he did manage to get a flick on it went straight to nobody. Complete shambles and zero structure.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on March 26, 2016, 08:59:31 pm by The Red Baron »
Well I have defended him in the past but yesterday he and most of the others were an embarrasment.
As I have said 3 or 4 times over the last 24 hrs DF has turned them into jibering wrecks.
They are so lacking in any belief that they just don't want the ball and are getting rid at the earliest opportunity.

Campsall- I noticed in the Sheffield United game that the players were treating the ball like a live hand grenade. That was 5-6 weeks ago and was the point at which I thought there was a real danger we'd get sucked in to the relegation zone.

That particular penny seemed to drop with Ferguson about 10 days ago. But we still seem to have a bunch of players who are frightened of the ball. Makes you wonder what they do in training.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on March 26, 2016, 10:57:24 pm by wilts rover »

Watch the goals. He (a left footed player) started the match at right back. Their right winger gave our left back (Evina) a torrid time, which eventually led to the first goal. Fergie then took off Evina, moved ATS to his 'proper' position and the right winger was much less effective. The next two goals come from the right wing, where ATS has just been moved from.

Dont get me wrong, he was nothing special, made plenty of mistakes but so did everybody.It was a bad team performance in which there were several worse than ATS.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on March 27, 2016, 12:54:50 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Our problem is the manager only see's faults in all the other departments but defence, Mr Magoo would even spot that we can't defend!.

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on March 27, 2016, 08:30:52 am by Cramby10 »
How has ferguson turned the into jib bearing wrecks? They were shite under dickov, shite under jones and now shite under ferguson!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on March 27, 2016, 08:56:54 am by dickos1 »

Watch the goals. He (a left footed player) started the match at right back. Their right winger gave our left back (Evina) a torrid time, which eventually led to the first goal. Fergie then took off Evina, moved ATS to his 'proper' position and the right winger was much less effective. The next two goals come from the right wing, where ATS has just been moved from.

Dont get me wrong, he was nothing special, made plenty of mistakes but so did everybody.It was a bad team performance in which there were several worse than ATS.

I think all the goals barring one came from our left handside,

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on March 27, 2016, 09:30:56 am by wilts rover »
The third goal was scored from the left side, but the players who scored it had picked the ball up on the right, where Coppinger and Alcock stood and admired him as he drifted across them before shooting. The fourth goal was Butler making a hash of a tackle. Thus none of the goals were down to Taylor-Sinclair and the side he was playing was the strongest side defensively.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on March 27, 2016, 09:51:47 am by dickos1 »
I have to disagree, look at sinclairs positioning for the 3rd and 4th goal, absolutely dreadful,
He should've been closing down for the 3rd yet he just comes into view after the bloke has hit the ball, and butler shouldn't be where he was for the 4th but he had to be cause Sinclair was nowhere to be seen

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on March 27, 2016, 10:31:01 am by wilts rover »
You are free to disagree. If Taylor-Sinclair comes in then there is a simple pass to the winger he has just left who then has a shot on goal or a ball across the box as in the first goal. Either Coppinger should have come across with him, or the other midfield players should have picked him up as he comes across them. We are attacking for the 4th, T-S is top left providing support to the attack as the winger he is with has also dropped back.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on March 27, 2016, 10:43:11 am by dickos1 »
For the 3rd Sinclair is tight with the winger almost on the sideline, he shouldn't be.
Not just one player to blame but he's definitely included in the players at fault,

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on March 27, 2016, 11:26:55 am by Canadian Rover »
None of the lads pressed, none were tight enough and none of them put a good challenge in.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on March 27, 2016, 11:31:28 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
Defenders too far away from the opposition to get pressure on the ball, and to me Butler looked like he was carrying a few extra pounds in weight.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012