Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 02:58:33 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Season Ticket Early Bird  (Read 24634 times)

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
Re: Season Ticket Early Bird
« Reply #60 on April 02, 2016, 12:10:55 pm by Copps is Magic »
Bit shoddy that if it's true. What do they mean by 'agreed'?. Between who exactly?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on April 02, 2016, 12:22:49 pm by knockers »
He said it had not been agreed with the ticket office manager. Why would I post something that wasn't true?

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on April 02, 2016, 12:27:35 pm by ravenrover »
I haven't had this "letter" but I have had an e mail but no mention of the offer being extended. Just a craxy thought but would yesterdays date have anything to do with this "letter"

Have you already renewed? if not, you won't receive the letter.
You've lost me on this one. Why would a letter be sent out after you have renewed telling you that the deadline had been extended?

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on April 02, 2016, 12:32:10 pm by Copps is Magic »
He said it had not been agreed with the ticket office manager. Why would I post something that wasn't true?

I wasn't questioning whether what you said was correct, I was questioning what the ticket office staff told you as my first guess would have been mis-communication between the ticket office and the higher ups making the decisions.

Letters have been sent out, a decision has been made - why the ticket office manager now feels the need to agree with (or not) the decision I do not know. Surely their job is to make sure it runs smoothly?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on April 02, 2016, 12:39:21 pm by The Red Baron »
Sounds to me like a decision has been made, letters have been sent but the ticket office hasn't been kept in the loop. Then they start getting calls about the deadline being extended and it's the first they've heard of it. You can understand them being a bit miffed. Especially if they've planned their work schedules for a rush on Monday which now won't materialise.

The actual announcement will probably go out Monday morning.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on April 02, 2016, 01:28:30 pm by silent majority »
It is definitely official. Not sure why the ticket office are saying what they are saying though.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on April 02, 2016, 02:36:14 pm by mrfrostsdad »
I've just rang the ticket office and they say early bird finishes tomorrow. I mentioned the letter stating the extension to May and they said that this has not yet been agreed and should not have been sent out. I also asked what the increase would be and they didn't know this either. There wasn't anybody of any seniority in the office today to discuss this with. I was also told that they wouldn't blame me for not renewing if the prices went up.
Nobody at this club has a f**king clue about customer service!

Well, if that's true, what an absolute shambles

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on April 02, 2016, 02:44:50 pm by drfc1951 »
Why would the ticket office manager have to agree to extending the deadline,its just their job to sell the tickets.

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on April 02, 2016, 02:49:56 pm by Yorkiered »
I haven't had this "letter" but I have had an e mail but no mention of the offer being extended. Just a craxy thought but would yesterdays date have anything to do with this "letter"

You've lost me on this one. Why would a letter be sent out after you have renewed telling you that the deadline had been extended?

I suggest you ask the club for the answer as this IS what they have done.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on April 02, 2016, 03:35:24 pm by Dagenham Rover »
It is definitely official. Not sure why the ticket office are saying what they are saying though.

I really am not surprised at anything anymore as somebody else said yet again it's a shambles

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on April 02, 2016, 03:55:33 pm by MrFrost »
Makes me laugh. Again we can't et the simple stuff right. And people say the club is well run.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on April 02, 2016, 04:31:07 pm by silent majority »

I really am not surprised at anything anymore as somebody else said yet again it's a shambles

I've spoken to the ticket office staff and they are well aware of the extended deal. They are surprised that we are putting across a different story on here.

Somehow I'm not surprised, anything to beat the club with rather than congratulate them for doing something for the benefit of supporters.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on April 02, 2016, 04:42:34 pm by MrFrost »

I've spoken to the ticket office staff and they are well aware of the extended deal. They are surprised that we are putting across a different story on here.

Somehow I'm not surprised, anything to beat the club with rather than congratulate them for doing something for the benefit of supporters.

Are you suggesting the poster is a liar then?

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on April 02, 2016, 04:47:52 pm by Dagenham Rover »

I'm not beating the club I'm passing comment on a post, however I received an email from the club yesterday saying  they had noticed I hadn't renewed my season ticket and telling me when the ticket office had extended opening over the weekend it made no mention of the deadline being extended !!!!! Yet people who have renewed get a snail mail letter which tells them it's been extended bit arse about face really, I will be renewing no matter what division however some know I've much more important things at the moment

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on April 02, 2016, 04:48:20 pm by dknward2 »
Maybe they wanted to keep it under wraps until its on dros twitter etc so best just say you know nothing

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on April 02, 2016, 04:52:06 pm by StocktonRover »
The letter says that the club felt that those who had already renewed should be told before it was announced - and as a thank you gesture a games access for 2 to the legends lounge.

People are making far more of this than it is
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 05:16:46 pm by StocktonRover »

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on April 02, 2016, 04:53:07 pm by silent majority »
People who had already renewed have the extra offer of two tickets for the Premier lounge which is why they were contacted first.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on April 02, 2016, 04:58:11 pm by MrFrost »
We will be lucky to sell 2000 season tickets

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on April 02, 2016, 05:13:10 pm by Dagenham Rover »
People who had already renewed have the extra offer of two tickets for the Premier lounge which is why they were contacted first.

I don't have an issue with that, but the email I got on the same day trying to persuade me to renew made no mention
Tbh. I really can't be bothered

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on April 02, 2016, 05:35:14 pm by Muttley »

Because the letter was a courtesy to those had renewed early offering them the Legends bar tickets as "compensation" for the fact that they could have kept their money in their pockets for a bit longer (or not buying a ST due to the uncertainty of what league we will be playing in).

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on April 02, 2016, 06:55:55 pm by knockers »

Silent feel free to DM me on this. I spoke to the young man for a good ten minutes and got him to confirm several times the points I raised in my original post. Those that know me know that I worked with the ticket office over the club up-rooting us from our seats last year and generally have nothing but praise for them. I certainly do not go about looking for reasons to beat the club with a stick.

stuey

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on April 02, 2016, 06:56:53 pm by stuey »

Why is there nothing official anywhere?

I've just had this e-mail from the club

We've noticed that you haven't renewed your season ticket for the 2016/17 season.

We want to make it as easy as possible for you to renew your ticket so here is how we can help.

The Box Office will be open on Saturday 10am - 1pm, on Sunday 12 noon to 3pm and from 9am on Monday.  You can come and see us in person, call the box office on 01302 762576 or make things even easier by clicking here to buy online.

We hope to speak to you soon, and as always thank you for your support.

Best Wishes

All at DRFC

Makes it sound like I've got till Monday

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on April 02, 2016, 07:30:43 pm by Dagenham Rover »

Why is there nothing official anywhere?

I've just had this e-mail from the club

We've noticed that you haven't renewed your season ticket for the 2016/17 season.

We want to make it as easy as possible for you to renew your ticket so here is how we can help.

The Box Office will be open on Saturday 10am - 1pm, on Sunday 12 noon to 3pm and from 9am on Monday.  You can come and see us in person, call the box office on 01302 762576 or make things even easier by clicking here to buy online.

We hope to speak to you soon, and as always thank you for your support.

Best Wishes

All at DRFC

Makes it sound like I've got till Monday

Same email as me received the same day as the letter received by those that have renewed which also told them it had been extended

allezallezallez

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on April 02, 2016, 07:48:36 pm by allezallezallez »
I sit in the South Stand so I'm not really sure that I'll get any use out of the Premier Lounge tickets.  What do you actually get? Free beer? Free Food?

Personally, I think it's shocking that the club have extended the early bird deadline. The point of a deadline is given in the name. It's a deadline.  I had to rearrange my finances to make the deadline and support the club.

Now because they haven't sold that many tickets they extend to suit them.

I always thought it's a P*&^ take to have to pay for next seasons ticket before the end of the current season.

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on April 02, 2016, 07:54:23 pm by Yorkiered »
It seems to me that this has all been blown out of all proportion.
If the deadline for the early booking offer ends on Monday why would the club want to an announce an extension before then?
Those of us who have already paid for next seasons ST have simply been advised that they are going to extend the deadline and as a courtesy they are telling us in advance of the announcement being made.
As a thank you to those having already paid they are giving us two legends club passes for one game next season.

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on April 02, 2016, 08:06:45 pm by StocktonRover »
Before people get carried away, isn't the legends lounge the one under the west stand accessible from outside to the left of the players entrance.
Basically as far as I know it's just a members lounge where you can have a drink in better less crowded surroundings and with a team sheet included.
I'm not knocking it in any way and will gladly use my voucher - if it's worthwhile I might even join up.

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on April 02, 2016, 08:27:38 pm by Yorkiered »
Before people get carried away, isn't the legends lounge the one under the west stand accessible from outside to the left of the players entrance.
Basically as far as I know it's just a members lounge where you can have a drink in better less crowded surroundings and with a team sheet included.
I'm not knocking it in any way and will gladly use my voucher - if it's worthwhile I might even join up.

That is Alick's Bar.
The Legends Lounge is the new name for the Premier Lounge

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on April 02, 2016, 08:33:34 pm by StocktonRover »
Cheers Yorkie - I stand corrected

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on April 03, 2016, 12:12:13 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Fans are treated like lemmings at times, either walk off the cliff, or keep paying up.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on April 04, 2016, 10:05:38 am by The Red Baron »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012