Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 03:09:55 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: So proud..  (Read 2779 times)

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
So proud..
« on April 02, 2016, 05:48:47 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Proud, of that performance, those players, that small but noisy contingent of supporters.

As I walked back to the car a Rochdale supporter turned to me & said "You were robbed today". I couldn't speak so just shrugged.

After their equaliser we restarted the game & took two touches when the ref blew for full time.

But believe you me if we carry that performance through the remaining games, it won't be 'full time' for us come the final game of the season.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
Re: So proud..
« Reply #1 on April 02, 2016, 05:50:25 pm by Dare to dream! »
Wasn't at the game today but we sounded good.

I'll be at Bury, hopefully we can take a big crowd and be the 12th man.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 02, 2016, 06:09:17 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Nice to hear some positive views.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 02, 2016, 06:12:59 pm by Copps is Magic »
Long time since we've seen a post like this. Didn't go today but I'm off to Bury. Good to know the players are still fighting.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 02, 2016, 06:33:43 pm by MrFrost »
I just wonder where we'd be if we'd shown that kind of fight for the last three month. It shows they're more than capable.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 02, 2016, 06:43:48 pm by Chris Black come back »
Great to hear. Far, far too late though.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 02, 2016, 09:27:20 pm by Campsall rover »
As I said in another post earlier why have we not been doing what we did today in the previous 14 games.
Really proud to be a DRFC fan again today.
All we ask for is 100% commitment from the 11 + subs and we got it today. Same again for last 6 matches and 6 refs who are capable who knows we might achieve something almost unachievable.
DAFTER THINGS HAVE HAPPENED. Remember BRENTFORD  :woohoo:

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 02, 2016, 09:34:17 pm by The Red Baron »
It seems impossible to get six capable referees in six games.

The odd thing is that I've watched a few National League North games and the officials seem quite competent.

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 02, 2016, 09:40:06 pm by Lincoln Rover »
Couldn't agree more with the OP.
I was straight on to RS and wanted them to know how well we'd played, especially in the second half.
Loyal loyal fans who deserved a win for them and the players. We may not have the largest support, but having gone 15 games without a win and we still give them a standing ovation, says it all. RTID.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 02, 2016, 09:55:52 pm by Pancho Regan »
I felt for the players when that final whistle blew..... Just like them, I buried my head in my hands.

Those players deserved better today. They won that game. That goal in the 96th minute was the cruellest blow.

We must get behind this group of players and support them to the end. They are hurting just as we are. But maybe together we can prevail, and if we fail, then we will re-group in League 2 and come again.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 02, 2016, 11:27:54 pm by Pancho Regan »
I was proud to be there today.

The players gave everything.

If we end up in League 2, I'll be there.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 03, 2016, 12:54:08 am by Sammy Chung was King »
The players gave everything they had today, it was more like a rovers performance than the ones they have been showing. They need to use their heads as well as their hearts for the games left, just a bit of calmness in defence and cut out giving goals away, just go out to win games, get shots off and if they miss move onto the next.
McSheffrey has added some much needed composure in midfield. Happy for Mitchell scoring, Butler as well who tried to be the leader we need.
Now they need to work hard, take it one game at a time, and effect what they can, their own results, if we can get three points or at worst another point from Bury, then we are still in the running.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012