Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 03:40:37 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Youth team  (Read 1464 times)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
Youth team
« on April 05, 2016, 05:45:27 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Have we decided who to offer contracts to?

Having a look at our team from yesterday seems a bit different.

DRFC STARTING XI: Leverton, Bingley, Horton, James, Barker (C), Townrow, Curren, Hillam, Overton, Boocock, Prior. #DRFC

It's usually something like...

DRFC STARTING XI: Jones, Turnbull, Carberry, Williamson, Mbuti, Walker, Longbottom, Linley, Pugh, Wanless, Henderson.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
Re: Youth team
« Reply #1 on April 05, 2016, 06:08:50 pm by The Red Baron »
They were mostly under-16s because the Youth Team played on Saturday and most of them will play again tomorrow in the under 21s.

They drew 2-2 at York. Not a bad result for such a young team although York are the weakest side in our youth league.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 05, 2016, 06:23:39 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Ah, didn't realise the development league was tomorrow.

TRB - You seem to take an interest in the youth. What's your thoughts on the lads? Any that look like they'll make the grade?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 05, 2016, 06:33:36 pm by The Red Baron »
I take an interest, but I haven't seen any of their games. I've noticed Will Longbottom has been doing well in the under-18s and under-21s, so I'm not surprised he's got into the first team squad.

Longbottom and Louis Jones are first years. On past form they will offer four of the second years contracts as first year professionals. Probably four of M'buti, Carberry, Linley, Pugh, Williamson and Parkin. I suppose you could also throw in Leverton, a keeper who has come from Derby and Turnbull who is from Leeds United.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 06, 2016, 01:39:15 am by Sammy Chung was King »
If we go down i would expect him to retain a few extra, if we stay in this league more than likely just the lads who have been picked on the bench for games. I'd expect about four to be retained in this league, maybe six if we go down just to bulk the squad out.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012