Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 06:41:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Salary cuts  (Read 8341 times)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
Salary cuts
« on April 21, 2016, 09:08:03 pm by mushRTID »
DF has said there will be salary cuts if/when relegated, large ones in some cases.

I heard a few months back some would be dropped 75%. Seems a lot to me.

It got me thinking though, with Copps signing a recent contract he will undoubtedly have a reduction clause. Would he stay or could the Drfc /  Copps era be coming to an end?

I'm sure someone would take him from league one.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: Salary cuts
« Reply #1 on April 21, 2016, 09:37:20 pm by drfchound »
Copps is still a fine player and most L1 clubs would be happy to take him.
75% would be a massive pay cut for anyone to have to take so you couldn't hold it against him, or any of the players, if they chose to leave.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 09:52:37 pm by drfchound »

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 21, 2016, 09:48:25 pm by no eyed deer »
With the 3 million the board puts in and all the other income we will be OK...right?

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 21, 2016, 10:25:35 pm by idler »
With the 3 million the board puts in and all the other income we will be OK...right?
It might not need that much next season.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 22, 2016, 04:19:32 am by bpoolrover »
Lets be honest copps has been amazing for us but his time is up now

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 22, 2016, 05:30:43 am by GazLaz »
L2 will extend his career if anything.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 22, 2016, 06:54:05 am by The Red Baron »
L2 will extend his career if anything.

I agree, Gaz. I think he would probably be one of the best players at that level. If we stay up, I can see him becoming a more peripheral figure.

I wouldn't, though, discount the possibility of him moving on if we go down.

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 22, 2016, 07:19:03 am by DRNaith »
The rise and (gulp) fall of Rovers has mimicked Coppinger's footballing profile quite well. We maybe dipped out of the championship too early compared to him, but it was around the time people claimed he was consistently inconsistent and likewise we found ourselves back in the championship a season later.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 22, 2016, 07:44:31 am by Metalmicky »

Lets be honest - you don't know what you're talking about...

One of the most consistent players in Rovers history and still head and shoulders above the majority of the squad... he'll be like young Andrea Pirlo in Div 4

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 22, 2016, 08:42:31 am by drfc1951 »
A lot of the players with a large salary cut will be the ones Dickov gave 3 year deals to.The ones people on here are saying we should get rid of anyway.

bally1950

« Reply #10 on April 22, 2016, 08:52:07 am by bally1950 »
The players are totally. -Every single one of them without exception or favouritism.  To blame for what has happened this season, so why should they not suffer the consequences. The Manager too and his staff, it may be time for a clear out of back room staff too. Cushy jobs no longer should exist.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 22, 2016, 09:13:30 am by grayx »
I disagree.
Yes , he is past his best but hes still one of the few players we have got that doesnt shit himself when hes given the ball.
I think hed look a cut above in league 2.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 22, 2016, 09:50:08 am by NickDRFC »

Lets be honest - you don't know what you're talking about...

One of the most consistent players in Rovers history and still head and shoulders above the majority of the squad... he'll be like young Andrea Pirlo in Div 4

Pirlo? Seriously? Behave yourself!

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 22, 2016, 09:52:59 am by drfc1951 »
The players are totally. -Every single one of them without exception or favouritism.  To blame for what has happened this season, so why should they not suffer the consequences. The Manager too and his staff, it may be time for a clear out of back room staff too. Cushy jobs no longer should exist.

I would get rid of that coach,i think his name is Paul Butler.I am on the fence about Paul Gerrard what do other people think.

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 22, 2016, 09:53:20 am by Lifelong supporter »

£3 million??

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 22, 2016, 10:03:54 am by Cramby10 »
Totally agree with Bally. The bloody players have failed misreably. It's their fault for this situation. They've had 3 managers and failed under all 3. Quite right that they should suffer.
All too often the players get away with murder and the manager gets the flack! Ok our managers have been shite also, but it would be good to see the players not get away with any consequences for abject failure!

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 22, 2016, 10:12:16 am by Canadian Rover »
They will be league 2 players and deserve league two salaries. Ticket prices should also reflect this.

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on April 22, 2016, 10:22:54 am by Muttley »
Good to see that the owners/board/management have taken a proactive approach to negotiating player contracts in order to future-proof the club's finances in the event of relegation.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on April 22, 2016, 10:23:36 am by idler »
The thing is that a player that has had a poor season can still move to a division that he has just left if a club comes in.
The poor fan is stuck watching lower grade football for at least a season.

bally1950

« Reply #19 on April 22, 2016, 10:33:26 am by bally1950 »
The thing is that a player that has had a poor season can still move to a division that he has just left if a club comes in.
The poor fan is stuck watching lower grade football for at least a season.

Yep. There are those on this site who worship them too, which makes them believe they are doing nothing wrong.    :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide:

See you all there next season folks

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 22, 2016, 10:59:14 am by wing commander »
We will see with Copps...I think some of you will be still saying he could do a job when he's pushing his zimmer about...Forgetting his past with us for a minute,this year he has been mostly poor the same as the rest of them...Will league 2 suit him..Maybe, maybe not we shall see...But this needs to be his last contract with us regardless for he teams benefit...

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 22, 2016, 11:48:21 am by DonnyOsmond »

I would get rid of that coach,i think his name is Paul Butler.I am on the fence about Paul Gerrard what do other people think.

Based on what? We're neither players or managers at the club so we know nothing about how good they are as coaches. They both might be brilliant at their jobs.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 22, 2016, 11:56:49 am by drfc1951 »
Based on the fact hes been here for 3 seasons and we have been crap.Obviously not 100% down to him.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on April 22, 2016, 01:20:30 pm by idler »
If they are brilliant at their jobs then something is getting lost between the training ground and the pitch where first team games are played.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on April 22, 2016, 01:30:55 pm by mrfrostsdad »
I can think of several players who ought to get a 75% pay cut for this season they way they've played

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on April 22, 2016, 01:32:45 pm by Yorkiered »
When was the last time the board put £3m in?

bally1950

« Reply #26 on April 22, 2016, 02:15:53 pm by bally1950 »

Based on what? We're neither players or managers at the club so we know nothing about how good they are as coaches. They both might be brilliant at their jobs.

In respect of my comment..The results back up my theory

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on April 22, 2016, 02:22:04 pm by Lincoln Rover »
If my memory serves there was a supposed 25% pay cut on certain players wages.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on April 22, 2016, 02:35:49 pm by steve@dcfd »
£3m ??

From the accounts two major shareholders extended their loans by £177,000 last season.

So how do we get £3m from please.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on April 22, 2016, 02:38:34 pm by NickDRFC »
Club Doncaster also loaned £1.5m, where do you suppose Club Doncaster's money came from?

Although I agree, this £3m figure is bandied around and nobody is putting that in each season.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012