Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 11, 2024, 12:47:17 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The board  (Read 2865 times)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
The board
« on April 30, 2016, 07:51:43 pm by MrFrost »
Have declined to speak to the press again today according to Twitter.

Clearly run out of lip service

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
Re: The board
« Reply #1 on April 30, 2016, 07:53:26 pm by Yorkiered »
Did you actually think they would?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 30, 2016, 07:54:31 pm by MrFrost »
Not at all
Probably because they won't have a clue what to say or do

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 30, 2016, 07:54:36 pm by PDX_Rover »
the end of the world is nigh.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 30, 2016, 07:57:03 pm by drfc1951 »

If its on twitter it must be true.Whatever they say you will pull it to bits.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 30, 2016, 07:57:10 pm by grayx »
Perhaps they don't know we've been relegated.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 30, 2016, 07:58:56 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Shite.

I've lost the sweep. I had 19:40 for the time that Frosty would post the first thread entitled "The Board".

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 30, 2016, 07:59:50 pm by Yorkiered »

When was the last time they actually said anything?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 30, 2016, 08:00:15 pm by MrFrost »

Why would a journalist from the Yorkshire Post mention it if it wasn't true?

I don't believe they have an axe to grind

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 30, 2016, 08:01:04 pm by MrFrost »

When was the last time they actually said anything?

Probably when they were in Thailand lording it over a 3rd rate kit manufacturer and Grandad Len

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 30, 2016, 08:17:37 pm by roversdude »
Wonder how long before the other doom mongers join in
Then again ull got beat

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 30, 2016, 08:19:45 pm by PDX_Rover »
I think Frost is working his way through the staff directory and posting negatively about each. It'll be Betty the tea lady next for the criticism.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 30, 2016, 08:24:31 pm by RedJ »
inb4 raggytash

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 30, 2016, 08:33:23 pm by wesisback »
I think you're being a bit harsh on Frosty to be honest Mark. There's a lot of soundbites knocking about of how Rovers fans feel, albeit a lot of it knee jerk but surely if there's a time to spout pure anger this is it.
I actually hold the owners as culpable as the players and the manager. I've said it before and I'll say it again, two relegations in three years for a team with no financial difficulties is an absolute disgrace and should command answers from the very top. Is this ship being steered right? Im starting to have doubts. If David Blunt is the issue then what exactly is being done and why wasn't it done sooner?

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 30, 2016, 08:36:12 pm by Yorkiered »
I think you're being a bit harsh on Frosty to be honest Mark. There's a lot of soundbites knocking about of how Rovers fans feel, albeit a lot of it knee jerk but surely if there's a time to spout pure anger this is it.
I actually hold the owners as culpable as the players and the manager. I've said it before and I'll say it again, two relegations in three years for a team with no financial difficulties is an absolute disgrace and should command answers from the very top. Is this ship being steered right? Im starting to have doubts. If David Blunt is the issue then what exactly is being done and why wasn't it done sooner?

Don't expect an answer from the happy clappers any time soon on that post Wes.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on April 30, 2016, 08:39:15 pm by idler »
I don't know of any happy clappers today. Some handle disappointment and grief better than others maybe.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 30, 2016, 08:41:03 pm by Copps is Magic »
I don't know of any happy clappers today. Some handle disappointment and grief better than others maybe.

Exactly. Some people create some imaginary people as a counter to their own arguments.

Why would any of the points wes raises in his posts be aimed at someone on this forum? What f**king relevance does that have in a month of sundays.

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 30, 2016, 08:44:47 pm by Yorkiered »

I would suggest anyone who wants to keep this numpty of a manager a happy clapper for starters.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on April 30, 2016, 08:47:38 pm by Filo »

I'm not sure there should be any knee jerk reaction today, the writing has been on the wall since before Easter, today just confirmed what we all knew was coming anyway. I agree about the Chairman if what was banded about him blocking certain incoming deals in January was true. I've posted not long ago stating the minimum requirment for next season is automatic promotion, I still stand by that, is Blunt the man to oversee that? Probably not.

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 30, 2016, 08:53:45 pm by no eyed deer »
Shite.

I've lost the sweep. I had 19:40 for the time that Frosty would post the first thread entitled "The Board".
Shite
I had a tenner it wasn't RedJ who liked your post .

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 30, 2016, 08:56:39 pm by RedJ »
N'aww. Cutie.

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 30, 2016, 08:58:04 pm by wesisback »

I'm not sure there should be any knee jerk reaction today, the writing has been on the wall since before Easter, today just confirmed what we all knew was coming anyway. I agree about the Chairman if what was banded about him blocking certain incoming deals in January was true. I've posted not long ago stating the minimum requirment for next season is automatic promotion, I still stand by that, is Blunt the man to oversee that? Probably not.
However and rightly so, there has been an element of restraint while there has still been a mathematical possibility of staying up. Bar the end of 90 minutes at Glanford Park, I think the fan base has actually done a great job of trying to stay behind the team despite the hopeless, gutless performances.
I genuinely hope that at Burton we give them what its worth from the board down. Despite the hysteria today I don't think the club have deserved the effort made by the fans, not just this year but over the last 3 years of dire home performances, poorly invested funds and over priced tickets.
The question remains, if the Chairman is a thorn in the side of DRFC, what is he still doing here?

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 30, 2016, 09:01:12 pm by Copps is Magic »
Blunt can go as far as I'm concerned. The link between the manager and the board has been sluggish over the last 2 and something years. We don't respond to injuries as nearly as quick as we should do and Blunt does nothing to promote the club as far as I can see. His role is largely ceremonial at the minute and we need someone who will be hands on.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 30, 2016, 09:05:39 pm by grayx »
Who is this Blunt guy?
What does he actually do?
Does he work with that Baldwin bloke?

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on April 30, 2016, 09:07:36 pm by no eyed deer »
Who is this Blunt guy?
Make the club look good on a balance  sheet.  Well at least that's what we are told

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on April 30, 2016, 09:12:08 pm by grayx »
Who is this Blunt guy?
Make the club look good on a balance  sheet.  Well at least that's what we are told

Perhaps that's where the clubs priorities lie?

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on April 30, 2016, 09:36:09 pm by the vicar »

they have never had any lip service

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on April 30, 2016, 10:46:09 pm by PDX_Rover »

Sorry, just winding the lad up. We're all pissed off today, but life goes on.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on May 01, 2016, 12:15:38 am by pib »
No doubt we'll have exciting plans for next season. And a competitive budget. And we'll be aiming to finish in the top 6 (7).

I can't fault the board for putting funding in, but they clearly have no clue how to run a successful football club. The fact we have gone from the Championship to League Two in two years goes a long way to proving that.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 12:17:54 am by pib »

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on May 01, 2016, 12:47:17 am by Chris Black come back »
If the Board want their patient approach then they are literally going to have to pay for it as we are now down and presumably their bail in will increase significantly next season.

They understandably got aggrieved at JR spending their money season after season but they have appointed a manager who has probably cost them up to a million quid in extra subsidy next season.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012