Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 09:45:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Humble pie!!  (Read 5211 times)

raggytash

• Forum Member
Humble pie!!
« on May 01, 2016, 06:51:00 am by raggytash »
Well it's with great pleasure I and a certain few other posters can say we told you so!! What else did people expect with this excuse of a board and the marouding goon that is Gavin Baldwin?? This pathetic excuse of a board is now accountable for 2 relegations, no interest and is solely to blame for this mess. Anyway enjoy you're humble pie and I look forward to excuses! Cheerio!!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfc1951

• Forum Member
Re: Humble pie!!
« Reply #1 on May 01, 2016, 07:01:14 am by drfc1951 »
Gloating t**t.

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 01, 2016, 07:03:07 am by rtid88 »
F*ck off you nob! No actual fan would be celebrating the fact that the team they say they 'support' are going down! About time this forum had a clear out of some members and not just the club of some players!

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 01, 2016, 07:28:04 am by Yorkiered »
Yes only positive, arse licking posters allowed from now on.  :facepalm:

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on May 01, 2016, 07:52:53 am by Glyn_Wigley »
Yes only positive, arse licking posters allowed from now on.  :facepalm:

Yes, what we need are more posters who take 'great pleasure' from the club's relegation just so they can crow 'I told you so'. With more like them this forum could only go from strength to strength.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 01, 2016, 07:54:10 am by Nudga »
Great pleasure? FFS! f**kin Hemasex.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on May 01, 2016, 08:34:33 am by roversdude »
What a Richard head
Just need his mate acko now

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 01, 2016, 08:38:28 am by MrFrost »
While I wont gloat, because I'm absolute gutted at what's happened, I predicted this scenario when John Ryan left the club. Everyone said the usual to me, that I'm mad, negative, etc, but everything I predicted has happened.

Unfortunately I don't think the decline has stopped yet

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 01, 2016, 08:47:34 am by acko »
Here I am dude and no I don't take any pleasure in the relegation, but I did say at the beginning of the season that this board had no interest in the team just Club Doncaster.You can blame the managers the players or who you like what you cant deny the enthusiasm that JR used to show compare that with the chairman the club has now.Even SM one of the boards biggest supporters stated on here he should be replaced,and he probably will be if they can find him.As for you dude you jumped on the wagon when the club was moving forward so you will probably jump off again now.

KnottingleyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 01, 2016, 08:49:56 am by KnottingleyRover »
Well it's with great pleasure I and a certain few other posters can say we told you so!! What else did people expect with this excuse of a board and the marouding goon that is Gavin Baldwin?? This pathetic excuse of a board is now accountable for 2 relegations, no interest and is solely to blame for this mess. Anyway enjoy you're humble pie and I look forward to excuses! Cheerio!!
Well it's with great pleasure?? It makes it sound as though you are glad we've being relegated so you can come on here to gloat,excuse of a board,Yes I remember that sitter that Bramall missed at Chesterfield & Watson chesting the ball down on the penalty spot to allow Crew to score,get a grip man,It's the players on the pitch who for what ever reason have only shown climpses of what they can do on a hand full of occasions,but I'm sure the big earners will be looking at their get out clauses in their contracts & talking to their agents about a move because "I'm too good for league 2" & while they are doing this Bramall & Watson will be getting out their cheque books again to keep our club in business.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 08:52:20 am by KnottingleyRover »

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on May 01, 2016, 09:02:57 am by acko »
Not be the players looking at the get out clauses it will be the club hoping to get rid of the biggest earners,as for Bramhall andWatson if they have to put more money into the club its their fault,they have failed to run the buissness they took over if its because they employed the wrong people got the wrong staff its their fault,3 seasons 2 relegations cant just blame the lower ranks.They talk about the budget but the club with the lowest budget in the football league will be replacing rovers next season in league 1,The owners if they are serious about the club should have a clear out and start at the top end

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on May 01, 2016, 09:05:11 am by MrFrost »
Blunt and Baldwin should walk and effort should be put into finding someone who knows how to run a football club from the top.

Yes it will cost money, but what's the alternative

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on May 01, 2016, 09:09:20 am by dickos1 »
What has Baldwin done? He's following orders from the owners and he's signed players that the manager has requested

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on May 01, 2016, 09:14:51 am by IDM »
The players and the managers are at fault.

Before the season started we signed one of the division's top scorers, retained our top scorer, signed players like Chaplow who had a decent pedigree.

Even Jones was able to bring in Anderson..

DF has been allowed to sign players and bring in loanees..

Look at it like that and the squad has been there.  That the squad failed, has been down to poor managment and the players themselves.  We have mismanaged Forrester and Main - they buggered off and are doing well elsewhere.  Is that the board's fault?

If there is a criticism of the board it is the time taken to get rid of and replace managers.  When Fergie joined, most thought it was a great appointment, especially considering the other supposed candidates.

I am not for one minute saying our board are the bee's knees, but it is the playing side that has let us down, again.  I don't know how GB affects the players?

The question is why the team has underachieved, having a go at the board really just deflects from this.

And should our own "supporters" gloat about out failure???  Surely that's what our opposing fans do, and we take it on the chin, and give it back at the appropriate time??

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on May 01, 2016, 09:19:40 am by IDM »
Oh and raggytash, you would get a better response and have folks engage in a serious debate with you on here if you had said "it is with NO pleasure that I can say we told you so"..

It's OK to have negative views, to criticise the club etc, god knows many on here do that - and that is fair enough (and welcomed Yorkiered) - but can you not see that starting your statement with "it is with great pleasure..." is going to wind folks up??

That is why you get the responses you do - not for your actual opinions, more your attitude.

Get it??

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on May 01, 2016, 09:23:52 am by roversdude »
How have I jumped on the wagon - I've been watching since I was about 6 in the seventies and I'm not getting off I have season ticket for next year so I won't be deserting unlike you

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on May 01, 2016, 10:49:14 am by Colin C No.3 »
Yep, that'll be me then.

I thought after watching us concede to a 96th minute equaliser at Rochdale, that the manager & that set of player's would keep us in the division & derided all those on here who posted 'negative' comments so, it turns out they were right & I was deluded.

But I will say this to Mr Frost's comments, when you say you "predicted this scenario when JR left the club", don't forget who gave Dickov the post of manager & when you add .."I don't think the decline has stopped yet", are you 'predicting' the return of non league football for DRFC?......jeez.

Eating my pie now.

Nice positive op fella.

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on May 01, 2016, 12:44:14 pm by raggytash »
Ok I think I could have worded it better! No I'm not happy at going down but it's a kick in the balls for all those who sit there and slag us controversial but honest posters..... How any rovers fan can still honestly say they trust the board is madness.... Ok they put money in... But if they've no vision or interest why not openly put the club up for sale???? There's got to be an underlining issue why they won't...

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on May 01, 2016, 12:46:13 pm by The Red Baron »
Just what we need... Another summer of takeover nonsense.  :s

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on May 01, 2016, 12:48:55 pm by Yorkiered »
What has Baldwin done? He's following orders from the owners and he's signed players that the manager has requested

If that's what he does why not replace the puppet with someone on a much lower salary. That will help the wage budget wont it?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on May 01, 2016, 12:49:37 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
TRB

I'll eat some humble pie, now that it turns out you WERE right to be worried about relegation. Given that we've had 3 in the past 5 seasons now, maybe I should listen to your Cassandra-like calls more keenly.

Mind, on the other hand, remember who said that 47-48 points was the top of the range for what it would take for a side to stay up this season? I REALLY wish I was eating humble pie on that one.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on May 01, 2016, 12:51:11 pm by mrfrostsdad »
Raggy.
It's a shit post. But unfortunately most of it is correct, you*******!!! 😂😄

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on May 01, 2016, 12:51:15 pm by dickos1 »
No idea what his wages are, I would imagine they're no different to most chief executives

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on May 01, 2016, 01:28:12 pm by Yorkiered »
No idea what his wages are, I would imagine they're no different to most chief executives

No it would be higher as we have one of the highest budgets in this division remember.  :headbang: :headbang:

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on May 01, 2016, 01:33:34 pm by dickos1 »
Playing budget
Didn't know it was Gavin that was missing those chances yesterday

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on May 01, 2016, 01:36:06 pm by Yorkiered »
Playing budget
Didn't know it was Gavin that was missing those chances yesterday

Where does it state the budget is a playing budget? or is that another piece of information you have made up.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on May 01, 2016, 01:37:35 pm by dickos1 »
All the quotes that have ever been released have stated playing budget, it must be dark where your head is

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on May 01, 2016, 01:51:16 pm by Yorkiered »
All the quotes that have ever been released have stated playing budget, it must be dark where your head is

And most of those "quotes" come from the likes of you. It might be dark where my head is but I can guarantee the smell will be far worse up where yours is.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on May 01, 2016, 01:55:45 pm by dickos1 »
Quotes from the club sunshine, but you only hear what you want to

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on May 01, 2016, 02:30:26 pm by The Red Baron »
TRB

I'll eat some humble pie, now that it turns out you WERE right to be worried about relegation. Given that we've had 3 in the past 5 seasons now, maybe I should listen to your Cassandra-like calls more keenly.

Mind, on the other hand, remember who said that 47-48 points was the top of the range for what it would take for a side to stay up this season? I REALLY wish I was eating humble pie on that one.

You were right about the points. It could end up being as low as 47.

I did fear relegation from about the middle of February. Largely because the players and in particular the manager didn't seem to recognize how poorly we were playing. The Sheffield United game crystallized it for me. That was the point at which things needed shaking up.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012