Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 03:30:13 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Good luck  (Read 4776 times)

Belgiansaddler

Good luck
« on May 04, 2016, 12:39:40 pm by Belgiansaddler »
Hi donny fans,

Walsall fan in peace. You can do us a massive favour on Saturday, please beat Burton! Is Andy butler a legend among the fans yet? He is a legend at Walsall for basically being a warrior and also putting the ball in the dingles net to give us one of happiest matches I have had in 40 years of supporting Walsall. Hope he can get a couple on Saturday. Whatever happens good luck anyway.

Been to keepmoat a couple of times but went to Bellevue many times. Proper ground!

It's unlikely we will both get what we want on Sunday but there is a chance. Believe. If worst happens I expect you to have great season next season. When that moron Merson got us relegated twice we won the league in 4th division the next year, one of my fave seasons as a fan.

If we do manage to go up we will be back down next year, don't care, it's always the going up bit that is more fun.

Keep the faith and God bless Andy butler, legend

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

IDM

• VSC Member
Re: Good luck
« Reply #1 on May 04, 2016, 05:41:09 pm by IDM »
Thank you!

I don't think we have a great rivalry with Burton but nonetheless it will be good to sign off a very disappointing season with a win!

Good luck on Sunday, shame your lot didn't put nine past Fleetwood!

:scarf:

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 04, 2016, 06:04:35 pm by RedJ »
You didn't score enough against Fleetwood so you can shite. :P

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on May 04, 2016, 07:09:00 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Andy Butler? Legend?

Aye. In the sense that anyone should be a legend if they can make a living as a professional player whilst being unable to run faster than a bloke tied up in a straight jacket, running though solid iron, whilst chained to Jupiter. And dead.

Belgiansaddler

« Reply #4 on May 04, 2016, 07:15:11 pm by Belgiansaddler »
Butler is among top 5 Walsall legends in my 4 decades of supporting. Maybe he is past his best now but from what I have seen he has scored a few important goals for you. He was a total warrior for us. The sort of warrior we lack now.

Still think Bellevue was better than the keepmoat 😛

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on May 04, 2016, 07:23:58 pm by IDM »
Butler has done ok as an individual but as a team our defence has been poor and worse..  This has affected Butler at times but he is a good player at this level..

Belgiansaddler

« Reply #6 on May 04, 2016, 07:58:27 pm by Belgiansaddler »
Our defence is far too friendly. We miss the nastiness and aggression that butler gave us. Ultimately I think we would be promoted automatically already if we had butler in defence

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on May 04, 2016, 08:07:19 pm by Filo »
Our defence is far too friendly. We miss the nastiness and aggression that butler gave us. Ultimately I think we would be promoted automatically already if we had butler in defence

Nastiness and aggression?

Are we discussing the same player?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on May 04, 2016, 08:21:30 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Mate, you soooo would not have been promoted with Butler in your side. At least not with this Butler. He's an honest trier and the best of a particularly bad lot. But a big reason why we have been so abject this season is that he is the best that we have.

Over the past decade, we've had Mills, Shackell, Jones, Bongani and Meite at centre back. Butler is about as far short of them as I am of him.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on May 04, 2016, 08:38:48 pm by The Red Baron »
Butler is certainly not aggressive. He does at least look like he cares though. I can't say that for some of the others.

Maybe if he WAS aggressive he would have pinned one or two of the faint hearts up against the dressing room wall.

Belgiansaddler

« Reply #10 on May 04, 2016, 10:11:37 pm by Belgiansaddler »
Blimey he doesn't sound like same player who was a warrior for us from what you guys say. He was nasty, aggressive and dominating when he played for us.

stuey

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on May 04, 2016, 11:59:32 pm by stuey »
If you think Butler is 'nasty and aggressive',  I'm glad Colin Sutherland never played for Walsall, you'd have shit your effing pants!!!

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 05, 2016, 01:19:32 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Colin Sutherland made Andy Butler look as tough as Mickey mouse!. I just think unfortunately the heart is there, but the legs are going, he has had a long career.
 I don't think it's effort, he just hasn't got it any more at this level. Maybe league two is his level now, no disrespect to him, it happens to all players eventually.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on May 05, 2016, 07:54:03 am by Metalmicky »
I hope Walsall do well, if only because they gave continued careers to Baxendale, Chambers and O'Connor - how we could have done with James O'C last year...

Belgiansaddler

« Reply #14 on May 05, 2016, 08:16:30 am by Belgiansaddler »
Bax started well but faded. He is out on loan somewhere now. Pity he is a really talented lad and wish him all the best. He scored a screamer at vale park, one of our traditional enemies, a couple of years ago. But he got stuck out on the wing mostly for us and suffered because romaine Sawyers took the number 10 roll which was bax's best position. Good as he is he is not in same league as Sawyers.

Chambers is still chambers, does what it says on the tin. He has defied age this season and put in solid performances every week.

O'connor was useless first season, but has really emerged this season as our best defender. Very popular with Walsall fans now.

What era was this Colin Sutherland bloke? If it's last 4 decades I will no doubt have seen him play against us. In terms of hard defenders Ada viveash is one of our best ever

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on May 05, 2016, 08:45:56 am by tommy toes »
You won't have seen Sutherland. He playedfor us in the Conference.
He was as mad as a post but just what we needed in that League.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on May 05, 2016, 08:57:01 am by BillyStubbsTears »
There you go mate.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=N-U90uTGgnU

00:45. Sutherland is the defender who would probably have been flagged for "unnecessary roughness" in American Football.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on May 05, 2016, 09:11:10 am by The Red Baron »
There you go mate.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=N-U90uTGgnU

00:45. Sutherland is the defender who would probably have been flagged for "unnecessary roughness" in American Football.

He would have argued it was necessary!  :lol:

Belgiansaddler

« Reply #18 on May 05, 2016, 09:12:18 am by Belgiansaddler »
Thanks Billy's quality link. Like to looks of Sutherland! Mossiv respect for those who still went in the conference, must of been fun and loads of new grounds. Tbh if we do go up it will be a boring season. When we been in championship before it's obviously a battle, I don't like going to matches hoping for a nil all draw. It's the promotion bit that is the best not actually playing in higher league. League 1 is our natural level. We go, we drink, we have a laugh and bit of banter with opposition fans. Not many places in championship you can do that, it's all police, riot vans, stone island clad numpties etc.

In no way do I want this to sound patronising so please don't take it that way. But one of my fave seasons in 4 decades was 2006 after a hat moron Merson got us relegated twice and we ended up in league 2. It was fantastic season we took loads everywhere and generally had a good time. Won the league and we not won a lot in our undistinguished history lol. Not looking good for you guys this season but you will be back. Always a pleasure to go to donny. Proper club with proper fans.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on May 05, 2016, 09:32:24 am by BillyStubbsTears »
TRB

More "inevitable" with Sutherland.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on May 05, 2016, 09:42:48 am by idler »
Thanks Billy's quality link. Like to looks of Sutherland! Mossiv respect for those who still went in the conference, must of been fun and loads of new grounds. Tbh if we do go up it will be a boring season. When we been in championship before it's obviously a battle, I don't like going to matches hoping for a nil all draw. It's the promotion bit that is the best not actually playing in higher league. League 1 is our natural level. We go, we drink, we have a laugh and bit of banter with opposition fans. Not many places in championship you can do that, it's all police, riot vans, stone island clad numpties etc.

In no way do I want this to sound patronising so please don't take it that way. But one of my fave seasons in 4 decades was 2006 after a hat moron Merson got us relegated twice and we ended up in league 2. It was fantastic season we took loads everywhere and generally had a good time. Won the league and we not won a lot in our undistinguished history lol. Not looking good for you guys this season but you will be back. Always a pleasure to go to donny. Proper club with proper fans.
I agree with most of that. Football should be a good day out. Some better than others but I couldn't do with being a premier league fan demanding a win every game.

Belgiansaddler

« Reply #21 on May 05, 2016, 03:15:06 pm by Belgiansaddler »
Thanks guys. No idiotic abuse and honest replies from true football fans. Good luck next season, looks like it will be league 2 but it could just be one of the best seasons in your donny fan life. Just make sure you go out with a bang and dick Burton on Sunday

Orlandokarla

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on May 06, 2016, 06:41:08 am by Orlandokarla »

The conference years were some of the most enjoyable I've had as a football supporter. I'm sure others on here will feel the same.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on May 06, 2016, 07:39:32 am by Metalmicky »
The conference years were some of the most enjoyable I've had as a football supporter. I'm sure others on here will feel the same.

So very true........ and you appreciate the journey upwards all the more.  Already looking forward to the next years journey and the experiences that come with it..... irrespective of the division.   

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on May 06, 2016, 07:44:25 am by Filo »
The conference years were enjoyable, but it's all reletive isn't it?

Each higher rung of the ladder was more enjoyable for me

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on May 06, 2016, 07:55:24 am by Metalmicky »
The conference years were enjoyable, but it's all reletive isn't it?

Each higher rung of the ladder was more enjoyable for me

Relative indeed - but that's also why I appreciated the journey to the Championship all the more..

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on May 07, 2016, 03:25:29 pm by les@donr »
I remember going to Kettering in the Conf. and somehow ending up in the home end, and leapfrogging over barriers to get to the away end. Happy Days!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012