Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 10:49:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Talking to 2 Blackpool fans in Turkey.........  (Read 3046 times)

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
Talking to 2 Blackpool fans in Turkey.........
« on June 11, 2016, 05:38:05 pm by mrfrostsdad »
Relegation is a disaster for anyone. Especially in terms of financial matters. How/if we bounce back will make a multitude of different over the next year or two. Anyway, I'm in Turkey and I got talking to a guy and his Mrs who are Blackpool fans. Been STH's for years, but not next season. They've had enough. Apparently they reckon they've sold 120 season tickets for next year. Yup, 120.

So, however bad things have been for us for a couple of years, and they have, things are nowhere near as bad as they are for Blackpool.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
Re: Talking to 2 Blackpool fans in Turkey.........
« Reply #1 on June 11, 2016, 05:45:29 pm by mrfrostsdad »
Not so sure Rigo. These people reckon everyone is now totally fed up

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on June 11, 2016, 05:50:10 pm by The Red Baron »
Relegation is a disaster for anyone. Especially in terms of financial matters. How/if we bounce back will make a multitude of different over the next year or two. Anyway, I'm in Turkey and I got talking to a guy and his Mrs who are Blackpool fans. Been STH's for years, but not next season. They've had enough. Apparently they reckon they've sold 120 season tickets for next year. Yup, 120.

So, however bad things have been for us for a couple of years, and they have, things are nowhere near as bad as they are for Blackpool.

Weren't Blackpool fans boycotting their club last summer? Only for their lowest league attendance of the season to be c5,900?

They'll have one of the best average attendances in League Two next season.

Their attendance figures were based on tickets sold. Also it was the second year of a two year season ticket they sold when they were still in the Championship. Even if they hadn't been relegated a lot of people weren't going to renew.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on June 11, 2016, 06:16:34 pm by DearneValleyRover »
I've read the same about how few ST's they've sold. I would imagine that if they start well they will get decent attendances but if not then the away fans could possibly well out number them.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on June 11, 2016, 06:40:26 pm by MrFrost »

Weren't Blackpool fans boycotting their club last summer? Only for their lowest league attendance of the season to be c5,900?

They'll have one of the best average attendances in League Two next season.

The figures were manipulated.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 12, 2016, 05:09:01 pm by mrfrostsdad »
These two reckoned they were dead certs to drop to the Conference.
I guess that only leaves one spot for us to avoid then! 😱😊👍

1879Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on June 12, 2016, 07:49:14 pm by 1879Rovers »
I read somewhere that they want to sign Chris Brown.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on June 12, 2016, 08:44:30 pm by ravenrover »

Did you tell them how many we had sold?

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on June 13, 2016, 01:56:21 am by bpoolrover »
They have sold 600 now I think, I doubt they will get a anywhere near 3500 rigo unless there is a lot of away fans

TinyPortal © 2005-2012