Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 01:58:24 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Chilcot  (Read 2157 times)

albie

• Forum Member
Chilcot
« on July 05, 2016, 08:36:08 pm by albie »
Reports tomorrow, so here is the pre match preview and timeline resume from the BBC;
Chilcot report: What to look out for - BBC News

It will be interesting to see if it includes things we don't already know. Channel 4 news tonight had the First Sea Lord Admiral West telling us that he was not called to give evidence to Chilcot. It is not up on the website yet, but worth a look when it is.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BobG

• VSC Member
Re: Chilcot
« Reply #1 on July 05, 2016, 10:27:43 pm by BobG »
Admiral West has been busy splashing his prejudices all across various news media for a few days now though. You'd think a man in his position would have more self control, more discipline, wouldn't you?

BobG

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on July 05, 2016, 11:51:31 pm by albie »
No doubt West is covering his back, Bob. I would in his position.

The various retired heads of the security services have been doing likewise. They are worried that they are being set up to take blame for decisions by politicians.

Dearlove (ex MI6) has been writing his memoirs, by way of clarification of his involvement. To be published after his death, we are led to believe. Dearlove is already on record as saying that the intelligence was compromised by the policy environment.

I don't expect much from the Chilcot Report directly, but I think the ripples in the slipstream might be interesting.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on July 06, 2016, 10:26:22 am by wing commander »
    2.6 million words apparently and numerous years to construct and I suspect that the real people to blame wont be...Like all these enquiries they are not truly independent....
    The labour party cabinet took us to war that cost a lot of lives based on weapons of mass destruction, and they knew that when they decided on war as a course of action based on what? A reason to justify there want...The reality is they had nothing...

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on July 06, 2016, 12:17:24 pm by wing commander »
2.6 Million words,10 million pounds and 7 years to tell us what we knew already...Is this the most expensive sweep it under the carpet exercise in history???

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on July 06, 2016, 12:27:50 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
What do you think it should have told us?

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on July 06, 2016, 12:30:19 pm by rtid88 »
It should tell us that Blair is a lying cheating scum bag responsible for the deaths of half a million people however it was never going to say this!

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on July 06, 2016, 12:55:27 pm by wing commander »
   Billy I enjoy reading your political posts but of course this one was going/should have held a few more Labour politicians to the sword so I expected your back to the wall defence.
    Which does have a slight wiff of hypocrisy about it after your failure to accept the first Hillsbrough enquiry and your determination to have one on Orgreave (were nobody died) So justice can prevail....
    This was more important to me than the others, as thousands died because of this,never mind the thousands disfigured.. A Country has been left in a worse state after we've finished and that frankly took some doing ,It's a rebuke nothing more,nothing less..I personally don't believe there was no intervention or he had access to all the classified documents...Tony Blair in my eyes is a war criminal and should be in front of a court at the Hague..This report is a dumbed down version getting away with what it can but leaving no hand grenades that can move any prosecution forward...

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on July 06, 2016, 01:00:23 pm by godlike1 »
   Billy I enjoy reading your political posts but of course this one was going/should have held a few more Labour politicians to the sword so I expected your back to the wall defence.
    Which does have a slight wiff of hypocrisy about it after your failure to accept the first Hillsbrough enquiry and your determination to have one on Orgreave (were nobody died) So justice can prevail....
    This was more important to me than the others, as thousands died because of this,never mind the thousands disfigured.. A Country has been left in a worse state after we've finished and that frankly took some doing ,It's a rebuke nothing more,nothing less..I personally don't believe there was no intervention or he had access to all the classified documents...Tony Blair in my eyes is a war criminal and should be in front of a court at the Hague..This report is a dumbed down version getting away with what it can but leaving no hand grenades that can move any prosecution forward...

Is this not what our country has been doing overseas for 100's of years with no one ever being made accountable for our atrocious behavior?  Why anyone would think it would change now is beyond me

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on July 06, 2016, 01:04:24 pm by wing commander »
   Now there is a discussion...examples Godlike over the last hundred years or so..Thats a interesting debate???

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on July 06, 2016, 01:06:30 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Wing Co
I haven't defended anyone.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on July 06, 2016, 03:41:20 pm by albie »
Came across this from the Labour Conference of 2003;
Jeremy Corbyn on foreign policy at Labour Conference (2003) - YouTube

Hoon and Straw look like they have just had toilet mishap. Not too senile in 2003, anyroad!

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on July 06, 2016, 04:44:26 pm by The Red Baron »
For anyone who wants to read the entire report, in 140 character bursts, here goes.

https://mobile.twitter.com/chrisapplegate/status/750662533581828096?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

I think I'll pass...

TinyPortal © 2005-2012