Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 07, 2024, 07:04:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Greeny signs for Oldham  (Read 7659 times)

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
Re: Greeny signs for Oldham
« Reply #30 on July 28, 2016, 07:25:19 pm by NickDRFC »
I wouldn't say it was a bad thing him signing autographs. I'd rather have his autograph as a club legend than, say, Ricardo Calder

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on July 28, 2016, 07:46:15 pm by Upton Rover »
Move on. Past is the past

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on July 28, 2016, 08:20:00 pm by idler »
Maybe DF didn't fancy a club legend being in the wings.
None of us have an idea why he didn't sign but DF had better have his tin hat on if we are found wanting in Greeny's position after the first half dozen games.
I would have pushed out the boat to sign him but obviously don't know DF's bigger picture.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on July 28, 2016, 10:07:09 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I'm in a minority, probably of one in being glad about this.

Past his best and shouldn't return as it will reduce the memory just like sharp and wellens.

We already have a few experienced players in that position. I would prefer a midfielder with energy and pace if we went for one. He's not that player now.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on July 29, 2016, 12:26:13 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Probably the thinking was, not coming back for a second spell, as it would ruin his reputation if he couldn't produce, what he did when younger.
Also wages and them being a division higher, the draw of O'Driscoll being there might have played a part. I was convinced the pull, of the club who helped him get his 'feet on the ladder', might be too strong, i was wrong!.
Disappointing, but i want people who are desperate to pull our shirt on, he's decided another club is the better option for him, he has that right, good luck to him.

I do think he came just to train, to get fit, plus put in the window either for us or others. I suspect he has been on the radar of a few, somebody probably saw his performance against rossington, plus sean already knows his capabilities anyway.
 Personally i think it's short sighted, i see our club as one who can possibly move past oldham in the future, but i am biased.
He has been a good kid all his life, a real good pro, i don't think most of us will hold it against him. As a pro, he can't think about probables, whether we could be better in the future, he will have wanted to play as high up the leagues as possible.
I suspect he will be on one of the highest wages at oldham, a shame but we might get a younger version of him!.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on July 29, 2016, 10:21:42 am by RedJ »
Probably the thinking was, not coming back for a second spell, as it would ruin his reputation if he couldn't produce, what he did when younger.

I would be absolutely astounded if this was the case.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on July 29, 2016, 10:29:07 am by bpoolrover »
My thinking sammy is opposite to you,I doubt he had many options as has signed for a team in financial trouble and who prob will be at the wrong end of the table

Al4475

• VSC Member

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on August 02, 2016, 11:00:34 pm by Red wizard »
No way can Oldham offer more wages than us. Id bet oir wage bil is double there's.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on August 03, 2016, 02:12:57 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
No way can Oldham offer more wages than us. Id bet oir wage bil is double there's.

they've just spent £50,000 on a Kidderminster player

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36965693

out of interest one wonders how many times sod has had his contract "paid up" over the last few years

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on August 03, 2016, 03:03:17 pm by Iberian Red »

Oir you a pikey?

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on August 04, 2016, 12:39:35 am by Red wizard »

Oir you a pikey?
Lol. No I hate pikeys. Wrote the post on my phone.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012