Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:47:16 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Interest in the Belles  (Read 3835 times)

Donny_Ipstone

• Forum Member
Interest in the Belles
« on August 12, 2016, 11:42:53 am by Donny_Ipstone »
No postings on this sub-forum since the middle of April, have folk lost interest in the Belles?

The Belles find themselves at the bottom of the league table with 0 points after 8 matches after last night's 4-0 defeat at the Keepmoat at the hands of league leaders Man City Women. They do, however, have 4 games in hand over Sunderland and 2 games in hand over Reading, both of which teams have 6 points, so all is not lost and relegation may be avoided.

So, whether you live in Dudley or Doncaster, the Belles need your support. :scarf:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: Interest in the Belles
« Reply #1 on August 12, 2016, 01:09:58 pm by RedJ »
Let's be honest they're probably as good as gone.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on August 20, 2016, 03:50:22 pm by BobG »
Once they lost Courtney S-K to injury and Beth England to Chelsea, the writing was always on the wall. Sue Smith is too old to do it all herself and the midfield was always going to struggle to be upto top league standards anyway.

BobG

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on August 24, 2016, 08:43:03 pm by graingrover »
There is no relegation this season ... FA decided to increase the number of clubs in Division 1 . I am disappointed at lack of tranparency over reason to replace G Harris with a 25 yr old  inexperienced coach and subsequent departure of two of his signings . Make you realise the value of the open communication Rovers afford fans .. Viking Co op , Supporters' club , Supporters' group , IRWT, meet the owners etc etc 

Donny_Ipstone

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 01, 2016, 09:47:45 pm by Donny_Ipstone »
I think that there is relegation this season, but only one team gets relegated from FA WSL1 whereas two teams get promoted from FA WSL2. In that way the top division is expanded.

Regrettably tonight's 4-1 defeat at home to fellow strugglers, Sunderland, does seem to mean that the Belles will be the relegated team.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 02, 2016, 12:01:07 pm by RedJ »
They're f**ked. Went last night and apart from one or two occasions didn't look like scoring. Chips well and truly been had.

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on October 10, 2016, 04:10:33 pm by Mike_F »
I watched the last twenty minutes of the Liverpool match on my phone through a live feed from Liverpool's facebook page. Generally, the standard wasn't as bad as I expected; a bit "kick & rush at times and as the Belles were chasing the game they left a lot of space at the back but the passing was excellent at times and they were unlucky not to score with a fine curling effort from the corner of the box late on. That said, the corner that they had right at the end was laughably poor. went straight out for a goal kick, not sure if it even entered the field of play!

They need to work on getting some of the basics right if they're going to compete at the top level.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012