Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 02:38:08 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Praise for everyone  (Read 2842 times)

selby

• VSC Member
Praise for everyone
« on August 31, 2016, 09:03:51 am by selby »
In the team last night.
   They were a credit to the club,and I am including the supporters.Every player on the field played very very well,and to be honest looked to be a far better footballing side than a much more experianced Mansfield team.
   Giving out a M.O.M. IS ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE, both young centre halves were dominant,Mandeville was brilliant in the second half,and the young players making their debuts all played well.
   It was though the game that,in my opinion,Harry Middleton showed just how good this boy can be.He was outstanding,and dominated the midfield from start to finish,as good as Stock and Wellens at their best.
   Now the supporters,I have every sympathy with peoples oppinion of the format of this competition,but those that did attend got right behind their team from the first wistle,and the reception they gave their young team at the end of the game was great,and I am sure the team appreciated it.
    I for one left feeling entertained,and feeling that at last,the club is heading in the right direction.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Timbo042

• Forum Member
Re: Praise for everyone
« Reply #1 on August 31, 2016, 09:11:22 am by Timbo042 »
Nice to hear Selby! How did "the beast" play??

:rtid:

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 31, 2016, 09:22:49 am by drfchound »
"As good as Stock and Wellens at their best".

Really ?

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 31, 2016, 09:49:55 am by Copps is Magic »
It's excellent that our youngsters got a chance and performed well. But we could have had that in a competition without championship academies being shoe-horned in. Well done to the circa 800 who joined the rest of the country and didn't turn up out of principle.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on August 31, 2016, 10:28:15 am by bobjimwilly »
We need to steer away from dividing supporters over this issue. Sticking 2 fingers up to the EFL is all well and good but I'd still say well done to those who did travel and support the team, and well done to the club and players for being professional and putting on a performance for those travelling Rovers fans; it's neither the supporters or the clubs fault for the changes to the competition.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 31, 2016, 10:38:30 am by Copps is Magic »
Clubs voted it in did they not? So they have to take some responsibility.

It's not the fault of the 300 supporters who went for a minute. But we've flirted with boycotts twice now in the past two seasons and there is a section of our supporters who take the attitude of 'going no matter what'. Fine on issues that are contentious like this but when the crap really hits the fan will they take the same attitude?

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on August 31, 2016, 11:17:52 am by dknward2 »
Our club didnt get a chance to vote as it had already passed the 60% to go through and a few our clubs rejected it. Some have said what was proposed was not what we have ended up with

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 31, 2016, 11:19:18 am by drfchound »
Of course the changes to the competition is the fault of the clubs, those that voted it in anyway.
The fans who oppose the changes have only one way of showing their displeasure and that is to not go to games.
The fact that the EFL changed many of the rules of the competition after the vote went in their favour makes it more incredulous.
Wouldn't it be interesting if two B Teams made the Final.
What kind of attendance would there be at Wembkey?

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 31, 2016, 11:22:54 am by bpoolrover »
Clubs voted it in did they not? So they have to take some responsibility.

It's not the fault of the 300 supporters who went for a minute. But we've flirted with boycotts twice now in the past two seasons and there is a section of our supporters who take the attitude of 'going no matter what'. Fine on issues that are contentious like this but when the crap really hits the fan will they take the same attitude?

There is every chance most people that went didn't no about a protest, unless you come on here or the Facebook group you wouldn't even know

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 31, 2016, 11:34:16 am by drfchound »
Maybe then it is good for newspaper journalists to write about the boycott.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on August 31, 2016, 11:41:26 am by IDM »
I would hope that the top level u23 sides get knocked out, then I may go to the later stages..

The JPT was always seen as a kind of joke competition until the semis onwards..

I still maintain the early rounds of this tournament could be in pre-season.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on August 31, 2016, 12:00:35 pm by bobjimwilly »
I meant OUR club, which didn't vote either way as there was already a majority of hands in the room, as dknward has already mentioned

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on August 31, 2016, 12:30:03 pm by jonnydog »
Surely some kind of protest needs to be set as an example from the top down. Obviously DRFC can't come out and 'officially' tell the fans NOT to turn up at these games, but look at Portsmouth who have clearly not followed the rules, and the clubs who have named the managers on the bench. It is CLEAR that they want nothing to do with the competition and from that the supporters can act accordingly. However, I have seen nothing from Doncaster Rovers 'attitude' towards the competition that would suggest they want nothing to do with it. Until some form of action/instruction (albeit suggestive) comes out from the club, then we shouldn't really take action in our own hands.

Just my opinion of course. but agree with the OP sentiment, credit where it's due and it's nice to hear many positives can be recognised from last nights game!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 01:02:31 pm by jonnydog »

Bezza

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on August 31, 2016, 12:55:08 pm by Bezza »
the good thing to come out of this was it gave our youngsters valuable game time and they made the most of it well done lads.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on August 31, 2016, 07:15:33 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
It's quite encouraging going forward. If nothing else it gives the youngsters a chance to shine and from what I've seen and heard, they did that.

Being a critic of Harry Middleton recently, his performance was much better last night. His cameo coming on as a sub on Saturday was also a positive  one.

I'm beginning to think we are now seeing the true effect of DF, as we see a high tempo game emerge with all players, senior or junior, buying into it.

DF seems to be determined to push our youngsters into realising their potential with the senior players setting the standards. Sounds simple and obvious but we've seen little evidence of the culture up to recently.

Long may the improvement continue. It's refreshing!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012