Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 10:34:47 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Danny Bogarde...  (Read 2885 times)

wing commander

• Forum Member
Danny Bogarde...
« on September 01, 2016, 09:32:59 am by wing commander »
   So with nobody as predicted wanting to take a chance on the toe yesterday,it looks like we are stuck with him..He couldn't even get on the bench for the mickey mouse checker trade trophy game, so it looks like he has a cushy few months coming up like Bogarde had at Chelski...Nice work if you can get it...

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
Re: Danny Bogarde...
« Reply #1 on September 01, 2016, 09:40:08 am by GazLaz »
There's probably about £39,000 a week difference in wages though.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on September 01, 2016, 09:47:17 am by The Red Baron »
The answer is to get him fit and he can then be used if needed. Although I think he will be paid off in January.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 01, 2016, 09:52:20 am by DonnyOsmond »
Paying him up would cost more than that unfortunately. Hopefully we can sell him in January, even on a free.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 01, 2016, 10:17:04 am by wing commander »
Paying him up would cost more than that unfortunately. Hopefully we can sell him in January, even on a free.

Sell him???? We cant even give him away for free....

darren61

« Reply #5 on September 01, 2016, 10:27:19 am by darren61 »
Surely, if he gets some game time in, someone would be more likely to take him off our wage bill.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 01, 2016, 10:56:50 am by steve@dcfd »
If he Dany is not part of our squad and he does not play any part in any competition then the only way for him to move on is pay him up.

So DF should try and utilise him, if fit of course,between now and January.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 01, 2016, 11:06:31 am by wing commander »
    The fact he is currently fit yet he couldn't even make the bench at Mansfield in preference to a couple of 16 year olds probably tells us he wont feature in any squad...Unless DF didn't want him to pick up a injury just in case anything happened yesterday which it didn't..It's a bloody shame he wasn't a defender...

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on September 01, 2016, 11:07:49 am by jonnydog »
DF is, I assume, stubborn on this one however, the few times I've seen him play at KMS I thought he looked good and was quite effective. Surely it wouldn't do any harm to try him out and see if it's worth some form of mediation. Like you say Steve, if DF sticks to his guns and refuses to play him, nobody will want him and so why not just pay him up.

Surely it's worth a couple of substitution appearances!??

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 01, 2016, 11:25:16 am by wing commander »
   it would make sense to us but then we don't have knowledge of the day to day stuff,i just don't get the feeling Ferguson wants him anywhere near a Rovers squad...

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on September 01, 2016, 12:02:36 pm by Dutch Uncle »
    The fact he is currently fit yet he couldn't even make the bench at Mansfield in preference to a couple of 16 year olds probably tells us he wont feature in any squad...Unless DF didn't want him to pick up a injury just in case anything happened yesterday which it didn't..It's a bloody shame he wasn't a defender...

Maybe since the Mansfield match was prior to deadline DF was hoping for a last minute deal and didn't want to take any chances of another injury? Maybe Dany might get a chance on the bench now we don't have much striking depth with none incoming - so maybe Dany can provide some cover at least until Gary Mac is fit?

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on September 01, 2016, 12:04:17 pm by Dutch Uncle »
   it would make sense to us but then we don't have knowledge of the day to day stuff,i just don't get the feeling Ferguson wants him anywhere near a Rovers squad...

Maybe toes are more infectious than we thought  :silly:

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on September 01, 2016, 12:25:06 pm by GazLaz »
#DanyToegarde

One_Matty_Lucas

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on September 01, 2016, 12:37:39 pm by One_Matty_Lucas »
What actually happened with his toe?

Was one removed due to injury/infection?

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on September 01, 2016, 01:21:26 pm by graingrover »
There is now a need  for Outplacement consultants in football too !.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on September 01, 2016, 01:25:13 pm by The Red Baron »
There is now a need  for Outplacement consultants in football too !.

I thought they were called Agents?

Although Dany's might be advising him to sit tight.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on September 01, 2016, 03:35:06 pm by Alan Southstand »
Why not convert him into a defender?

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on September 01, 2016, 03:38:44 pm by the vicar »
The answer is to get him fit and he can then be used if needed. Although I think he will be paid off in January.
he should be paid off now

roversron

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on September 01, 2016, 05:51:06 pm by roversron »
Maybe the night of the Mansfield game he was sat at robin hood airport waiting on a phone call.

Probably to tell him they are through customs and he can come in the car park and pick them up!

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on September 01, 2016, 08:37:26 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Surely someone will have used a camera for evidence of his injury.  Has anyone seen the four toes?

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on September 01, 2016, 11:52:20 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
His monicker on here would have to be Dany Toes. I wish somebody would convert him into a footballer in ferguson's eyes. I see no point paying somebody a wage and not at least picking him for the squad, especially how short we are of options.
It must be the fear of further injury like already mentioned. He's been on trial at southend so the free press says.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on September 02, 2016, 08:46:09 am by RobTheRover »
If he Dany is not part of our squad and he does not play any part in any competition then the only way for him to move on is pay him up.

I agree. It's irrelevant whether he is fit or injured if he isn't playing in either case. We can't loan him out,  so we have to either use him,  pay him up or let him rot. The latter 2 aren't options for me.

I'd play him in all the MMC (Mickley Mouse Cup) games,  with a view to him proving his fitness (and sustaining himself injury free). Only them would I consider him for the first team squad,  but at least it's then up to him.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on September 03, 2016, 01:19:53 am by Sammy Chung was King »

I agree. It's irrelevant whether he is fit or injured if he isn't playing in either case. We can't loan him out,  so we have to either use him,  pay him up or let him rot. The latter 2 aren't options for me.

I'd play him in all the MMC (Mickley Mouse Cup) games,  with a view to him proving his fitness (and sustaining himself injury free). Only them would I consider him for the first team squad,  but at least it's then up to him.

It makes sense to me to do that. The club get's some value out of the wage, and we get an experienced player helping the younger one's. Plus he is in the 'shop window' for anybody interested.
Ferguson has sidelined people before then changed his mind, but i don't see him doing that with dany. As long as a player acts like a professional and works hard in training, then don't demoralise him by making him train with the youth team.
 I don't know if that's happening to dany, but it does happen quite a lot with other clubs.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on September 03, 2016, 09:16:20 am by Chris Black come back »
Remember when we played Millwall away and he came on as a sub. Couldn't quite understand why they hated him so much. Presume he did bugger all for them as well. He lacks a certain intensity shall we say. Basically doesn't look like he gives a f**k so this perhaps comes across in training and recovery.

He has a decent contract with Rovers I imagine and at 29 won't get anything like that ever again so what is in it financially for him to give up that 12 months of security. Doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who is playing for love of the game.

If you are him, this all makes absolute sense. If you are me or thee, this is another turd left in the pan by our former house guest P.Dickov that won't flush away for love nor sadly money.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012