Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 08:19:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Crewe highlights  (Read 2543 times)

albie

• Forum Member
Crewe highlights
« on September 04, 2016, 02:59:55 pm by albie »
Crewe v Doncaster - YouTube

I can't see why the pen was given from these clips, but the ref seemed in no doubt.
The winner looks to take a deflection on the way through, which beats Marosi.
Some golden chances missed by Rovers though.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
Re: Crewe highlights
« Reply #1 on September 04, 2016, 03:59:41 pm by PDX_Rover »
Brilliant save by the Crewe keeper, clawing it out of the top corner.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on September 04, 2016, 05:39:35 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Am I the only one seeing a clear handball from Dagnall for their winner?

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on September 04, 2016, 05:55:49 pm by eastender »
Am I the only one seeing a clear handball from Dagnall for their winner?

Hard to tell , but the arm definitely didn't move towards the ball , so no offence committed IMO, Goal stands.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on September 04, 2016, 05:57:33 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
As a former full back, it makes my blood boil when you see Evina neshing it to allow the cross for the first goal. First of all not closing the space quick enough and then turning his back on the play of the ball. Needs a right bollocking for that!

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 04, 2016, 06:00:41 pm by RoversAlias »
I didn't spot a handball but I didn't study too closely, not heard a single thing about it from anyone else though.

That save from the Crewe keeper was so good, I was surprised it didn't go in even though I knew our goal was a penalty. That said, he should have saved the penalty by the looks of it. Imagine if we'd missed three in a row from three different players!

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 04, 2016, 07:35:54 pm by 5minstogo »
Brilliant save by the Crewe keeper, clawing it out of the top corner.

The Marosi save from Dagnall was decent as well

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on September 04, 2016, 09:35:11 pm by ravenrover »
As a former full back, it makes my blood boil when you see Evina neshing it to allow the cross for the first goal. First of all not closing the space quick enough and then turning his back on the play of the ball. Needs a right bollocking for that!
And the 2nd goal? Oh no that was the right full/wing back not Evina. Grow up!!

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 04, 2016, 10:52:09 pm by Drover »
Crewe v Doncaster - YouTube

I can't see why the pen was given from these clips, but the ref seemed in no doubt.
The winner looks to take a deflection on the way through, which beats Marosi.
Some golden chances missed by Rovers though.

The incident happened just of camera,but if you look at the player who got penalised for the pen,just to his left you can see Butler falling to his knees and down,With an educated guess,I would say its likely he shoved Butler to the floor?Also,one of our players shoves him back(as if in disgust) after the Ref blows to award the Pen.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 10:54:52 pm by Drover »

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 05, 2016, 10:59:11 am by RoversAlias »
And the 2nd goal? Oh no that was the right full/wing back not Evina. Grow up!!

That seems a bit of an over-reaction. Baz doesn't need to "grow up" because he correctly pointed out some fatal flaws in Evina's game, just because Evina wasn't the one at fault for a goal he isn't even referring to. The fact is that Evina (a player I very much like by the way) made a costly error resulting in an opposition goal. Baz isn't wrong in any way just because another player, Blair I believe this time, did exactly the same thing later in the game.

Neither of those players are full backs in my opinion, so they shouldn't be asked to play here since they plainly cannot do it.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on September 05, 2016, 08:56:18 pm by Padge_DRFC »

Evina is shocking defensively always has been but when I've said it previously it offends people on here

TinyPortal © 2005-2012