Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 01:33:25 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Rashford  (Read 4122 times)

donny dave

• Forum Member
Rashford
« on September 06, 2016, 07:47:46 pm by donny dave »
Scores a hat trick on under 21's debut.
What a prospect.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BobG

• VSC Member
Re: Rashford
« Reply #1 on September 06, 2016, 07:53:25 pm by BobG »
What? A prospect?

Bob

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 06, 2016, 09:00:18 pm by grayx »
He should be in the first team squad now.

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 06, 2016, 09:37:32 pm by German Rover »
Not yet for me, he's good but he needs more games under his belt to develop away from the spotlight and pressure of the first team.

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 06, 2016, 10:40:25 pm by karldew »
He's going to get pressure anyway?, might as well just put him in first team.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on September 06, 2016, 10:48:25 pm by Red wizard »
Play all our best young players in under 21 tournaments and try to win it. Then progress to the first team and the same team should be playing the same players who they played at under 21 level. Lets get them used to winning a tournament.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 07, 2016, 07:34:17 am by Alan Southstand »
He is the outstanding English striker at the moment. If you're good enough, you're old enough. What is it with this fixation of holding young players back? get him in the seniors - he's better than the current choices Sam has at his disposal.

Kane - completely lost his form
Rooney - over the hill
Sturridge - don't get me started!
Vardy - OK in certain games/situations

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on September 07, 2016, 08:04:22 am by glosterred »
WAP?

COYR

One_Matty_Lucas

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 07, 2016, 08:22:46 am by One_Matty_Lucas »
He is the outstanding English striker at the moment. If you're good enough, you're old enough. What is it with this fixation of holding young players back? get him in the seniors - he's better than the current choices Sam has at his disposal.

Kane - completely lost his form
Rooney - over the hill
Sturridge - don't get me started!
Vardy - OK in certain games/situations

Have you not answered your own question? The fixation on holding players back is because we have done the polar opposite in the past 10 years and are left with shit current choices.

Kane - Somewhat rushed
Walcott - Massively rushed
Barkley - Rushed

I never see the likes of Spain/Germany bringing in kids with no U21 experience.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 07, 2016, 08:32:54 am by GazLaz »
Why rush him like Matt says. Play our best U21 side possible this year and see if they can win the U21 tournament in the summer. He can even get in the Man U side, no way he should start for England.

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on September 07, 2016, 09:10:38 am by DonnyNoel »
The current German side's success was built around keeping a core of prospects together for as long as possible with a view to carrying u21 success forward into the full internationals. Italy and Spain barely use youngsters either.

As others have pointed out on here, England have had almost 10 years of producing decent prospects that absolutely stagnate around 22 years old so we're obviously doing something wrong around our development of players in their last few years of development.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 07, 2016, 11:09:57 am by grayx »
I seem to remember Rashford doing more in 5 mins against Iceland than our other strikers did the whole game. I'm not saying hes ready to play 90 mins at international level yet, but surely hes worth a place in the squad. (not playing first team club football isnt helping him, but neither is Walcott)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on September 07, 2016, 11:26:49 am by GazLaz »
Why put him in the squad and not play him? Better off playing 90 for the 21s.

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on September 07, 2016, 02:33:49 pm by godlike1 »
keep him in the under 21's. Our problem as a country is that the players do not have enough experience or nouse at tournament level. I reckon that Gareth Southgate will be next up for England Manager once Sam fails to get us qualified for Russia.

He's thinking smart and getting more experience with the kids he's playing now to bring them through to the 1st team hen he gets promoted i reckon.

I also think that every league club in the country should have to put 1% of their turnover to a central pot which is dedicated purely for the development of the English national team. Look at what the National lottery has done for athletics and how some sustained investment and clever thinking can reward those for their hard work.

I think the england squad should look to take youngsters all the way through to the senior team sp that the culture and style of football is ingrained and that they have many years of tournament experience to learn from along the way.

Just a idea but something I think the FSF should campaign for

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on September 07, 2016, 02:46:00 pm by silent majority »
keep him in the under 21's. Our problem as a country is that the players do not have enough experience or nouse at tournament level. I reckon that Gareth Southgate will be next up for England Manager once Sam fails to get us qualified for Russia.

He's thinking smart and getting more experience with the kids he's playing now to bring them through to the 1st team hen he gets promoted i reckon.

I also think that every league club in the country should have to put 1% of their turnover to a central pot which is dedicated purely for the development of the English national team. Look at what the National lottery has done for athletics and how some sustained investment and clever thinking can reward those for their hard work.

I think the england squad should look to take youngsters all the way through to the senior team sp that the culture and style of football is ingrained and that they have many years of tournament experience to learn from along the way.

Just a idea but something I think the FSF should campaign for

You could always flesh out your idea and submit it to the FSF who will debate it at National Council level and adopt it as official policy at the next AGM. Meanwhile we do have a current campaign that is focussed on Grassroots football.

stuey

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on September 09, 2016, 08:06:43 pm by stuey »
He's a fantastic talent and a great prospect that's for sure, but when I saw him play for the England U19's at the Keepmoat last season, he was absolutely pony. Shouldn't have gone to France IMHO, would've been better off going to the U21 tournament.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on September 09, 2016, 08:12:25 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Players shouldn't be played too young, Brazil made that mistake with Pele.  Rashford's still in a learning process, he hasn't had all of his flair coached out of him yet.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 08:14:59 pm by Bentley Bullet »

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on September 09, 2016, 08:14:35 pm by selby »
The Canadian centre half had him on  his pocket,and was from Chelsea.
   What have they done,32million on the Brazilian donkey,the mind boggles.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on September 10, 2016, 01:29:10 am by Sammy Chung was King »
There's no reason why he can't play for both at times. I would leave him mainly with the under 21's for now, and pick him for full internationals when the young side don't play.
We need to start letting our players develop properly. You saw a fair few of our 'prospects' freeze in the euro's. They need tournament experience before they get to full international status.

Wayne rooney was just one who was rushed into the full side too soon. It sounds stupid knowing the career he has had, but i have the feeling he could have been even better if they had taken care of him!.
He had national expectation 'strapped' onto his shoulders from too young an age. Think long term what's best for both player and national team.
We have been short sighted in the past, stop making them mistakes and it could help us do better.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on September 10, 2016, 09:42:32 am by Bentley Bullet »
Youngsters shouldn't be allowed in the water until they can swim.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on September 10, 2016, 10:59:42 am by DonnyOsmond »
Unless he's gonna play first team then it is pointless picking him. He'll learn more in the U21 team. He will be brilliant when his time comes though.

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on September 10, 2016, 11:35:35 am by phil old leake »
If you're good enough you're old enough. Play him in first team. And start him at Utd  if I was his agent I'd be monitoring his progress with Jose closely  maybe consider moving him in if chances don't come before he becomes another young lad fxxxed by Jose. Hopefully he will prosper at Utd but he will need to be aware of not getting lost

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on September 10, 2016, 11:52:33 am by The Red Baron »
I seem to recall that Sam Allardyce said that he likes the idea of youngsters getting a good grounding in the under-21s before moving to the Seniors.

With a tournament in Poland this summer for the Under-21s surely it would make sense for Rashford and any other likely lads to play in that. If they do well, then they may be with the Seniors in Russia in 2018.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on September 11, 2016, 12:03:52 am by Sammy Chung was King »
For too long a fair few young players once they have appeared in the full side, think the under 21's are beneath them. I can understand it feeling like a demotion, but you still wear the england shirt and have a chance of winning something with your own age group.
We have seen a few countries where a block of players have come through together. All the little things you do wrong add upto failure, playing players too soon is one of many.
Start getting them right and you start being in the running for winning things. We have talented players and also have players who can't handle pressure. Young players need to be eased into the side, not 'chucked in and see if they swim'!.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012