Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:07:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Poll

Referee's marks

5 - like Pierluigi Collina
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
2 (13.3%)
6 (40%)
7 (46.7%)
0 - Worse than Trevor Kettle
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Rovers v Newport County - 17/9/16- David Webb  (Read 2211 times)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
Rovers v Newport County - 17/9/16- David Webb
« on September 12, 2016, 05:22:20 pm by The Red Baron »
Referee: David Webb
Assistants: Declan Ford & Matthew Bristow.
4th: Joe Clark

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Re: Rovers v Newport County - 17/9/16- David Webb
« Reply #1 on September 17, 2016, 11:35:50 pm by Donnywolf »
Put me down for a 2 please

Started ok in First Half when the foul count was exceptionally low but went to pot in the second half when there were some decisions to make - most of which he got wrong.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on September 18, 2016, 12:44:24 am by jonnydog »
If he'd have continued as he left the first half, he'd have received a 4 from me. However, the second half was comical at times with bizarre decisions being made.

Missed several important decisions for me, and made quite a few wrong later in the game.

It's a 2 from me too please!

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on September 18, 2016, 08:21:03 am by Donnywolf »
The enormous and deliberate b-a-r-g-e by Parkin right in front their dug out and right in front of the Ref was as bad as a decision as I have ever seen

"Bluto" ambled about 3 yards and hammered our Player late and in the back and as blatantly and obviously as is possible. The Ref stood just 3 yards away made a gesture that they had had " a coming together"

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on September 18, 2016, 09:46:09 am by The Red Baron »
A 1 from me. A slight improvement on the clown in the Yeovil game but not much.

He allowed Fatty Parkin to get away with lots of swinging elbows before finally booking him. Then the two decisions on Marquis were a joke. The first, a push in the back was as blatant a penalty as you'll see. You could argue that the second was a tangle of legs, but it certainly wasn't a dive. Having managed to keep a measure of control in the first half when both sides were trying to play football, he looked more and more like a startled rabbit once Newport got frustrated and started fouling.

I suppose like a poor standard of football we have to get used to a poor standard of referee at this level.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on September 18, 2016, 12:44:18 pm by IDM »
1 or 2..

Inconsistent - gave a foul against us (butler) for holding yet a few minutes later missed a similar foul for us.

Lost control in the second half when they were al over Marquis, yet he missed a naughty one by Marquis in the middle of all that which could have seen him being sent off.  Parkin should have gone too..

Couldn't tell for the second penalty from where I sat but from marquis' reaction I am not sure.. Bottled the first penalty claim which looked a stonewaller to me..

TinyPortal © 2005-2012