Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 11:43:50 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: McSheffrey  (Read 2997 times)

phil o sophical

• Forum Member
McSheffrey
« on March 14, 2017, 10:24:12 pm by phil o sophical »
Wasn't on the pitch all that long but he was just what we needed. Cool head, experience , didn't waste a ball, nothing elaborate and even managed to set up Andy Williams for a much needed goal

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: McSheffrey
« Reply #1 on March 14, 2017, 10:30:34 pm by Filo »
The Black Bank  probably knew and could see it was going in, from where I was in the west stand it looked like it was going the wrong side of the post

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 14, 2017, 10:33:01 pm by drfchound »
TBH Filo, I was just to the left of the goal,two thirds up the stand, and I wasn't sure it was going in either until it hit the net.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 14, 2017, 10:33:49 pm by glosterred »
With the way AW luck has been going it wouldn't have surprised me

COYR

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 14, 2017, 10:34:43 pm by mushRTID »
TBH Filo, I was just to the left of the goal,two thirds up the stand, and I wasn't sure it was going in either until it hit the net.

You were probably sat near me then, I too thought it was going wide until it hit the net.

CJK

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 14, 2017, 10:39:04 pm by CJK »
I know you shouldn't change a winning side, but I'd be tempted to swap McSheff for Grant as soon as McSheffery can last an hour or so. He has vision and quality in abundance.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 14, 2017, 10:57:09 pm by RedJ »
I was just to the right and I thought it was going to bobble wide until it reached the six yard box.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 14, 2017, 11:34:34 pm by RoversAlias »
Yeah I waited with bated breath too!

Grant played well tonight I thought, loved Gary Mac's contribution but the scouser keeps his place for me.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on March 14, 2017, 11:37:14 pm by Donnywolf »
With the way AW luck has been going it wouldn't have surprised me ......

.... if had hit the post and JM had the easiest of tap ins !

.... but back to the OP yes GM did exceptionally well coming on and closing he game out. Experience where and when needed and you just knew that he was going to play AW in for that killer goal - I was just disappointed that Roy Carroll was not in the nets for ncfc
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 11:39:57 pm by Donnywolf »

Bezza

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 15, 2017, 09:01:44 am by Bezza »
i thought Connor Grant was back on song last night, but McSheffrey is very slick when coming on.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 15, 2017, 09:03:39 am by GazLaz »
I think G Mac will start on Saturday in place od Copps.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on March 15, 2017, 09:05:07 am by IDM »
I would ideally like to see Grant further forward.  Further back is less glamorous and you don't notice the good stuff as much - Keegan being a prime example.

I think we miss Houghton.  The balance at the back/wingbacks doesn't seem right to me.

But hey, we won, scored 3 including one for Williams, and we have more options with Lund and McSheffery back, and hopefully Mandeville soon.

I wonder if there may be a change or two for Saturday to rest a couple of players, but do you change a winning side??

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on March 15, 2017, 09:21:40 am by idler »
In theory you can rest players for a fixture like this but how many times does it backfire. Orient beat Plymouth a couple of weeks ago.
I would go with our best team and try to get a couple of goals lead.
We have a strong bench now so could give two or three players a rest after 60 minutes or so.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on March 15, 2017, 09:22:30 am by The Red Baron »

If there was a tricky midweek game next week I'd be inclined to agree. Copps will start and will probably come off after 70 again.

I seem to recall saying McSheffrey would prove very useful down the stretch.

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on March 15, 2017, 10:03:44 am by Mike_F »
Yeah, I'd stick with an unchanged starting line-up. Treat every game like a cup final and we'll win the league at a canter. Step off the gas and we'll end up making it hard for ourselves again!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on March 15, 2017, 10:09:55 am by drfchound »

If there was a tricky midweek game next week I'd be inclined to agree. Copps will start and will probably come off after 70 again.

Totally agree.
It seems to be a pattern over the last few games now that we have strength in depth on the bench that Copps comes off around 70-75 minutes.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on March 15, 2017, 10:46:38 am by steve@dcfd »
Yeah, I'd stick with an unchanged starting line-up. Treat every game like a cup final and we'll win the league at a canter. Step off the gas and we'll end up making it hard for ourselves again!

McSheffrey and Williams should both start on Saturday, I'd put Copps and Maybon the bench both could come on when their players are tired and give them the runaround.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on March 15, 2017, 11:10:27 am by GazLaz »

Fergie says he is carrying a knock, I think a week off could freshen him up for trickier games ahead. I also think a start for GM will prime him for the final push. Win win.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012