Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 04:49:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: ATS  (Read 3859 times)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
ATS
« on April 17, 2017, 06:38:27 pm by GazLaz »
This lad should thank the ref for taking the attention away from his lack of ability. He's far from good enough.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: ATS
« Reply #1 on April 17, 2017, 06:40:15 pm by drfchound »
You know what Gaz, some people can't give the lad a chance.
He did fine today and when he had his first touch of the ball I heard a few d**kheads in the centre of the South Stand boo him.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 17, 2017, 06:41:28 pm by mushRTID »
He cannot stop a cross. When someone is running down the line he seems to think just running alongside them is acceptable.

I don't rate him but Fergie seems to so il give him the chance, he could turn into an important player. He seems to have the physique to be a good player so hopefully he improves with more games.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 17, 2017, 06:42:36 pm by GazLaz »
You know what Gaz, some people can't give the lad a chance.
He did fine today and when he had his first touch of the ball I heard a few d**kheads in the centre of the South Stand boo him.

He doesn't deserve that treatment. He try's his best. Just lacks ability for me.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 17, 2017, 06:44:15 pm by drfchound »
We may be seeing more of him over the next three weeks so I hope he is up to it.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 17, 2017, 06:47:23 pm by steve@dcfd »
He's been out of football since last June he is not the left back we need next season but there are other players in the same boat.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 17, 2017, 07:18:50 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I'm not convinced on him, but he was solid enough.

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 17, 2017, 07:19:57 pm by esdailles left foot »
I'd rather have Cedric the entertainer. At least he offers something going forward

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 17, 2017, 07:21:13 pm by drfchound »
Defenders should defend first.
How many people on here have slated Cedric for not being able to defend?
ATS did ok today.

balbyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 17, 2017, 07:24:04 pm by balbyrover »
I didn't rate him last season,infact i thought he was terrible.. but he wasn't the only one.
I was prepared to give him a chance this season and was dissapointed to see him get injured,Fergie is giving him a chance to earn a new deal and I think he will probably get a short term deal into next season.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 17, 2017, 07:26:48 pm by roversdude »
He looked lost I thought

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 17, 2017, 07:29:26 pm by drfchound »
Why did he look lost and what did he do so wrong?

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on April 17, 2017, 07:47:52 pm by roversdude »
Every time he crossed halfway line he was looking at bench

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 17, 2017, 07:55:02 pm by GazLaz »
He was poor today. That's undeniable.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 17, 2017, 08:00:39 pm by Mr1Croft »
Whilst today can't be blamed on ATS, today marks 40 games where ATS has played for us and we haven't won, from 51 appearances in all comps.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on April 17, 2017, 08:04:44 pm by ravenrover »
All down to The Tyrefitter then nothing to do with the other 10?

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 17, 2017, 08:08:11 pm by pib »
Some players just aren't good enough. He demonstrated he wasn't last season.

balbyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 17, 2017, 08:12:19 pm by balbyrover »
Whilst today can't be blamed on ATS, today marks 40 games where ATS has played for us and we haven't won, from 51 appearances in all comps.

I think that's harsh to point that out,you could fix the stats for any player that played last season for us and one game this season really.
How many games did we lost last season with Coppinger starting?
One player doesn't make a team

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on April 17, 2017, 08:34:31 pm by PDX_Rover »
Can't comment obv but it's funny how the same negative buggers comment whenever we lose or there's some scapegoating to be done. I wish the Lottery was that predictable.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 17, 2017, 08:34:51 pm by RoversAlias »
I remember when Gareth Bale played for Spurs and it took til about his 40th appearance for the team to win. He isn't exactly a bad player is he?

colfromdonny

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on April 17, 2017, 08:36:32 pm by colfromdonny »
As people have said he has all the physical attributes and looks the part but doesn't seem confident enough to want to play anything but safe, maybe this could be coached but if its not in his psyche then it never will be.  Is he in the right position? Who knows, maybe he's a striker but doesn't know it yet, Wenger turned Thierry Henry into one maybe Fergie could do the same but he will never be good enough for us in his current position.

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 17, 2017, 08:41:59 pm by esdailles left foot »
Yes Aaron Taylor Sinclair is a world class striker. BRILLIANT

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 17, 2017, 08:42:07 pm by Mr1Croft »

I think that's harsh to point that out,you could fix the stats for any player that played last season for us and one game this season really.

You're right but it is still a worrying statistic. On the flip side we didn't lose a game last season that ATS didn't feature in.

For me Fergie's reluctance to drop players like ATS despite his poor performances and having better options on the bench was one of the most decisive factors in our relegation. ATS has only just returned from injury and the fact he's been slotted straight back into the starting XI worries me. It either shows a total disregard from Fergie reference our calamitous implosion last season or ATS is twice the player in training.

I appreciate we should be giving everyone a chance but after 50 appearances I'm yet to see anything from ATS that suggests he is a professional footballer.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on April 17, 2017, 08:49:33 pm by roversdude »
We didn't lose because ATS played and he didn't particularly do much wrong but he is lacking something

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on April 17, 2017, 08:59:18 pm by esdailles left foot »
Aye a pair

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on April 17, 2017, 10:44:45 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Booing him doesn't help his confidence.

We didn't concede with him on the pitch anyway. ;)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on April 17, 2017, 11:21:34 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
He didn't do too much wrong today but didn't do enough!

For the size of him he is a weak as piss and he didn't win a header against his man. For me, he's another in the Cedric bracket and can't do the basics consistently enough. A legacy from the old regime. Get rid.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on April 18, 2017, 12:13:02 am by hoolahoop »
He didn't do too much wrong today but didn't do enough!

For the size of him he is a weak as piss and he didn't win a header against his man. For me, he's another in the Cedric bracket and can't do the basics consistently enough. A legacy from the old regime. Get rid.

I'm with you he still failed to impress me , sadly he rarely has and I thought he would . He does need another club , far more suited to golf imo.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on April 18, 2017, 12:19:25 am by Retdon1 »
In the first half there winger picked the ball up in his own half and ran with it into our box before putting a cross in.... the whole time ATS was running backwards along side him. At some point before he entered our box, he needed to attempt to tackle him. This happened on numerous occasions last season. He's happy to jog along opposition wingers rather than try and stop them, and 9/10 doesn't stop a cross coming in. He has proved last season he's not good enough for league 1. Time to release in the summer.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on April 18, 2017, 08:50:00 am by roversdude »

You're right but it is still a worrying statistic. On the flip side we didn't lose a game last season that ATS didn't feature in.

For me Fergie's reluctance to drop players like ATS despite his poor performances and having better options on the bench was one of the most decisive factors in our relegation. ATS has only just returned from injury and the fact he's been slotted straight back into the starting XI worries me. It either shows a total disregard from Fergie reference our calamitous implosion last season or ATS is twice the player in training.

I appreciate we should be giving everyone a chance but after 50 appearances I'm yet to see anything from ATS that suggests he is a professional footballer.

I said this throughout last season that for some people they got a shirt regardless of performance

I can understand him playing yesterday with our injury list but a first choice never

TinyPortal © 2005-2012