Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 07, 2024, 09:49:15 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Big brush!!  (Read 2256 times)

raggytash

• Forum Member
Big brush!!
« on April 17, 2017, 06:55:17 pm by raggytash »
Above all it's been a great season, and I think fergie as took it upon himself to see what the fringe players are upto these last 2 games and the next few, already it shows we have a lack of quality in the squad with too many average players... seriously who would replace marquis, Rowe and baudry???? We've been lucky with injuries but the clear out this summer will be bigger than we think I certainly hope so.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
Re: Big brush!!
« Reply #1 on April 17, 2017, 07:11:44 pm by ravenrover »
Baudry buggering about at the back led to Blair committing the foul for his 2nd booking

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 17, 2017, 07:15:27 pm by mushRTID »
If we're talking about squad strength, does anyone feel Middleton is adequate back up? Unfortunately I don't. I don't see what he brings and can't say Iv seen much improvement.

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 17, 2017, 07:18:03 pm by esdailles left foot »
If we're talking about squad strength, does anyone feel Middleton is adequate back up? Unfortunately I don't. I don't see what he brings and can't say Iv seen much improvement.
He's shite. Keegan must be gutted

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 17, 2017, 07:26:07 pm by raggytash »
For what it's worth I'd let....

Etheridge
Evina
Keegan
Middleton
Mcsheffery
Pugh
Ats

All go...possibly all on a good wage and not one of them is worthy of a start

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 17, 2017, 07:27:15 pm by mushRTID »
I agree except McSheffrey, not a bad option on the bench

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 17, 2017, 07:37:47 pm by RoversAlias »
Jury still out on ATS and certainly Pugh for me. I'd keep McSheffrey but yes, the others are all on borrowed time now.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 17, 2017, 10:51:16 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Pugh hasn't played a minute this season for us so very harsh unless you're in training watching him every day.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 17, 2017, 11:04:11 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Had a discussion pre-match that DF was intending to expose the weakness of our peripheral players thus showing we don't have the strength in depth. Maybe a message to the owners and to the paying public to justify his impending decision to get rid of a few.

I don't think many of us need too much convincing and it wouldn't surprise me if he's able to put out strong enough teams in the next games to clinch the title.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 17, 2017, 11:41:35 pm by selby »
Raggy Middleton has more vision, and ability than Mason and most of our loan players that have played before him, and some of the other younger players, because of the loan agreements.
   The player who is losing pace,and has not been as good since his bad injury is Alcock,I would have to think very hard about retaining him myself.
  Middleton came on today when we were firefighting but still played some lovely first time balls through to the forwards,we did not do that with eleven men.
   It was a bad day at the office and showed we miss McColough who plays the easy ball quickly,Mason has not got the vision or stature to be as good when we are below par.
  If it came to a choice with Houghton,I would take Houghton instead of Mason,and I think McColough is the best of the three.
  We need a good steady left back,and if we are going to play three at the back,he has to have pace to burn as well.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 18, 2017, 12:05:11 am by hoolahoop »
I agree except McSheffrey, not a bad option on the bench

Excellent I'm with you .

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 18, 2017, 12:07:40 am by BobG »
Although I agree Selby there's one gentleman on here who reckons we need more forwards before defenders for next season.....

BobG

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 18, 2017, 12:43:56 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Every successful team needs players who can step into a position off the bench and the missing player is barely noticed. We have one or two who can do that but many can't for me the back up players will need to be strengthened.

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 18, 2017, 07:38:35 am by raggytash »
I think a quality left back is a priority as is some power and pace in midfield. Our build up play is often slow and predictable without the option of playing it quick through the middle, Rowe and grant playing out of position doesn't help but surely fergie knows what's going on

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on April 18, 2017, 09:25:58 am by selby »
Raggy,it takes many different parts to make a successful team.
  A good passer of the ball in midfield can take 10yds off an athlete who can catch pigeons.
  I will give you two examples,Pirlo,and our own Wellens,they made some players who could run look pillocks by having a footballing brain.
  In my opinion Middleton can be such a player,get rid of him(and I do believe he is still under contract for next season) and he gets a proper run of games somewhere else,he will become a player we will regret letting go in the future.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012