Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 03:47:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Positives  (Read 1823 times)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
Positives
« on April 30, 2017, 12:21:48 am by DonnyOsmond »
We're promoted - We had the second highest budget and second best odds at the beginning of the season, we're currently second.

We've scored more goals this season then in donkeys years. I believe we've also broke a few of our own records along the way.

We've scored in all but 5 games this season.

Between October (when we'd got in full swing) and Easter we played in the league 31 games, losing just 4.

We've got the League Two Player of the Year - John Marquis

We've got League Two's Top Scorer - John Marquis (joint)

Players such as Rowe and Baudry who we're looking to play in League One in the Summer chose us because of our manager and ambitions. More of the same will happen in this coming Summer.

We have great owners who will back their manager with funds to push forward next season.

A number of people (players & staff) have commented how much has changed for the better since Ferguson took over, not just on the pitch but also behind the scenes.

Let's put away the nooses and knives and look forward to League One.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 12:26:28 am by DonnyOsmond »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Re: Positives
« Reply #1 on April 30, 2017, 05:00:24 am by SydneyRover »
Wow it's a bit lonely on this thread so I thought I'd come and join you Donny, It's more comfortable here away from the naysayers. Nice place you have here, full of positive thoughts, hope the team reads your comments rather than the others. It's been a tough couple of years and some are losing their bottle but we're going up the club is doing well and the owners/board are behind the management and are being open and honest with the supporters, hope we go well next week.

ballysbackin

« Reply #2 on April 30, 2017, 07:03:44 am by ballysbackin »
We're promoted - We had the second highest budget and second best odds at the beginning of the season, we're currently second.

We've scored more goals this season then in donkeys years. I believe we've also broke a few of our own records along the way.

We've scored in all but 5 games this season.

Between October (when we'd got in full swing) and Easter we played in the league 31 games, losing just 4.

We've got the League Two Player of the Year - John Marquis

Yes and he has not scored in last 4 because he has to single handed carry the forward line, and against Blackpool had to drop as far back as the half way line to get the ball then he was expected to score. Since DF changed his policy JM has not scored. Next week a 3-4-3 Donny need goals and lots of them, we are a laughing stock now for God's sake do not lose at Monkey Hangers abode, because promotion will be of little compensation

We've got League Two's Top Scorer - John Marquis (joint)

Players such as Rowe and Baudry who we're looking to play in League One in the Summer chose us because of our manager and ambitions. More of the same will happen in this coming Summer.

We have great owners who will back their manager with funds to push forward next season.

A number of people (players & staff) have commented how much has changed for the better since Ferguson took over, not just on the pitch but also behind the scenes.

Let's put away the nooses and knives and look forward to League One.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 30, 2017, 08:12:15 am by dickos1 »
Don't be so pathetic, a laughing stock, we got promotion with 5 games to Spare and you're suggesting we're a laughing stock.
Get a grip man

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 30, 2017, 08:33:19 am by Filo »
Positives? We achieved our primary target and gained promotion at a canter

Negatives? We've blown the title and managed to drown in half an inch of water

We've taken our eye off the ball after achieving promotion, the job should have been completed before the tinkerman messed with the team

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 30, 2017, 08:34:43 am by grayx »
Lets be honest , we should have done what Blades have done in league 1 and run away with the title. Its been a poor standard of football in league2 this season. Unfortunately fergie at times starts to think hes Mourinho and rests/rotates players for the sake of it. Hes not learned from last season in that respect. He reminds me of one of those racehorses that idles/ stops when leading when it gets to the front. They usually come second too.
At the end of the day, promotion was the main aim so its job done. These last few games may be a blessing as theyve highlighted our need to strengthen for next season. One final win next week please to get rid of this losing habit.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 30, 2017, 09:06:16 am by Chris Black come back »
Good that Marquis had a run out yesterday as a holding midfielder. Shows his variety in playing deep.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 30, 2017, 09:11:31 am by Filo »
Good that Marquis had a run out yesterday as a holding midfielder. Shows his variety in playing deep.

Marquis was that isolated up top we had four holding midfielders, Marquis must have thought he was on another pitch at times!

One up front at home in probably the biggest game of the season, what was Fergie thinking?

It was obvious after about 20 mins it was n't working, but he persisted with it until he pressed the panic button and loaded us up with strikers and the team lost all shape and structure!

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 30, 2017, 09:23:04 am by BigH »
Plenty of positives. Promotion, Marquis, the impact of Houghton (till he got injured), Coppinger's (immense) contribution, getting and keeping Tommy Rowe.

It's been a good season.

Donnyjim

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 30, 2017, 09:29:25 am by Donnyjim »
That (in the last 4 games) we have fully confirmed that our defence is piss poor and needs an overhaul. It's positive that we have identified this now and have chance to change it, otherwise we will struggle in league one.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 30, 2017, 09:32:52 am by Filo »
Plenty of positives. Promotion, Marquis, the impact of Houghton (till he got injured), Coppinger's (immense) contribution, getting and keeping Tommy Rowe.

It's been a good season.

I agree, it's been a good season, but at the moment it feels like a massive disappointment, we should never have thrown it away from the position we were in, we has this "never know when we're beat" mindset from the players gone?

They should have been well up for it yesterday, but instead looked like a team going through the motions, and yet again we have to endure an end of season capitulation!

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 30, 2017, 09:44:39 am by sheffield exile1 »
We are exactly back where we were 12 months ago. Now lets see what happens in league 1. As far as I am concerned its Fergies team in this league not d**kheads so he will be judged on that....

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on April 30, 2017, 09:46:48 am by ravenrover »
Goodness what will a lot of you do with your time after next weekend, no players to criticise no manager to berate, no owners to chastise. I bet The Rumour Board will take some hammer though.
Me? I'm going to relax enjoy my holidays and look forward to next August when we start the 2017/18 season playing in League 1, for those who seem to have missed it we have been promoted at the 1st time of asking.

Goole Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 30, 2017, 02:14:11 pm by Goole Rover »
We've had a great season and everyone of us would have accepted 2nd with open arms rather than gamble back in August. Yes I agree one up front wasn't what we wanted to see at home and again yes it should have been rectified earlier. I didn't think Exeter were a bad outfit and I thought they deserved their win. Let's just hope that the management team have learnt something from the final games.
Whose for Grimsby on Saturday.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012