Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 01:27:04 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Infant kits.  (Read 3418 times)

balbyrover

• Forum Member
Infant kits.
« on July 07, 2017, 07:42:46 pm by balbyrover »
Does anybody know where i can see the infant kits for next season?
Looking to get my little lad one.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
Re: Infant kits.
« Reply #1 on July 07, 2017, 08:15:40 pm by DaveDRFC »
I emailed them about this the other day. This is the reply I got.

We are hoping that all the new stock, including the infant kits, will be in stock for the middle of July.  As they are still on the ship, we cannot give a delivery date as yet, but will have it put on social media and the website as soon as we know.

balbyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on July 07, 2017, 08:28:25 pm by balbyrover »
Thanks for that.
Pretty poor from the club though.

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on July 07, 2017, 10:02:11 pm by knockers »
Why is it pretty poor?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on July 07, 2017, 11:13:50 pm by RedJ »
Just something to whine about. Same every year. Kit arrives about the same time every year as well, yet people moan.

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on July 08, 2017, 07:34:51 am by DaveDRFC »
I've got a photo of my lad wearing last season's kit on 25th June last year. So it is a bit later this year.

balbyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on July 08, 2017, 07:55:13 am by balbyrover »
Not something to whine about at all. Just saying i feel it is pretty poor that the club can't get a kid ready for the start of July. People go on holiday etc and I'd imagine they do miss out on shirt revenue because of this.

Other clubs don't seem to have a problem sorting it.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on July 08, 2017, 08:28:18 am by silent majority »
The club had the initial order flown in from the factory. Anybody who wanted one could have pre-ordered and had one for their holidays. The bulk of the stock was being shipped from the factory and will be here in the next week or so.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 09:28:59 am by silent majority »

balbyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on July 08, 2017, 08:56:49 am by balbyrover »
The club had the initial order flown in from the factory. Anybody who wanted one could have pre-ordered and had one fir their holidays. The bulk of the stock was being shipped from the factory and will ve here in the next week or so.

Fair enough.  Obviously I missed that. We do always seem quite slow with getting the kit in stock though.
Not a moan, I never buy one personally for myself anyhow.  It is only a minor issue.

afro goal machine

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on July 08, 2017, 10:26:59 am by afro goal machine »
Out of curiosity what kits do they have in?
Just adults or is there some kids ones.?

Cheers

A9

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on July 08, 2017, 11:10:23 am by A9 »
There wasn't th
The club had the initial order flown in from the factory. Anybody who wanted one could have pre-ordered and had one for their holidays. The bulk of the stock was being shipped from the factory and will be here in the next week or so.

There wasn't the option to pre- order infants one. Kids sizes started at 6, so not everyone who wanted one could have got one.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on July 10, 2017, 09:21:27 am by wing commander »
 I suspect the later delivery this year might have more to do with Scunthorpe United than us..They have switched to FBT this season as well and were quite late in finalising there kit...I bet they are all coming on the same ship...

balbyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on July 10, 2017, 09:42:49 am by balbyrover »
I suspect the later delivery this year might have more to do with Scunthorpe United than us..They have switched to FBT this season as well and were quite late in finalising there kit...I bet they are all coming on the same ship...

Maybe the case but it's not great if so. Why should we as a club wait longer because one of FBTs customers put their order in late?

podrover73

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on July 10, 2017, 12:09:20 pm by podrover73 »
Yes , the crew needed the Scunthorpe shirts to use as oily rags

balbyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on July 10, 2017, 02:22:45 pm by balbyrover »
I see the club have just tweeted a supporter back saying the shirts will be available to purchase from the 18th of July.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on July 10, 2017, 03:52:37 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

It was too late for mine, but I wouldn't have taken one anyway.  However have they missed a trick with some? It would make sense to start selling by 1st June surely? Or even before the season ended.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on July 10, 2017, 08:56:07 pm by silent majority »

It was too late for mine, but I wouldn't have taken one anyway.  However have they missed a trick with some? It would make sense to start selling by 1st June surely? Or even before the season ended.

The timelines are quite extended already bfyp. Discussions about materials and design went back to before Christmas if my memory serves me well. Because it was meant as a 10 year anniversary shirt the wording needed sorting and that took place in January. All clubs also have to meet EFL approval and that does take time!!

The club actually had the new shirts available to order and purchase before any other club in the country (I believe that's the case) and certainly were intended to be available for Fathers Day. The first batch were flown in at extra expense so as to meet the deadlines set. I sympathise with the club on this issue, they tried extremely hard to meet fans expectations and yet still get criticised.

Not sure that you could sell before season end? Two shirts in one season? The EFL wouldnt be happy.

balbyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on July 10, 2017, 09:11:33 pm by balbyrover »

The timelines are quite extended already bfyp. Discussions about materials and design went back to before Christmas if my memory serves me well. Because it was meant as a 10 year anniversary shirt the wording needed sorting and that took place in January. All clubs also have to meet EFL approval and that does take time!!

The club actually had the new shirts available to order and purchase before any other club in the country (I believe that's the case) and certainly were intended to be available for Fathers Day. The first batch were flown in at extra expense so as to meet the deadlines set. I sympathise with the club on this issue, they tried extremely hard to meet fans expectations and yet still get criticised.

Not sure that you could sell before season end? Two shirts in one season? The EFL wouldnt be happy.

I appriciate what you are saying,ofcourse the kits take time to produce etc. My little gripe is that pretty much every year we have the same thing where the kit isn't available until almost august. Whilst it doesnt affect me directly this year,Im sure many wouldve purchased a shirt for their kids,selves etc.

Fair enough, you say that they were available to preorder.. good idea in principle but if its limited to certain sizes then they're probably missing out on potential sales again.

Its only a small thing on the face of things, but if the club as a buisness cannot even properly cater for a shirt demand then they're going to have their work cut out.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on July 10, 2017, 09:27:54 pm by silent majority »
They were first into the market with the new shirt. They flew them in especially to make sure that they had them in time.

Tell me, how many other clubs actually have their shirts on sale right now? All clubs have to wait for the EFL to decide how the numbers and names will be displayed and approve the shirt design, including sponsors logos etc.

DRFC being later to the market with their shirts is a myth.

balbyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on July 10, 2017, 10:21:45 pm by balbyrover »
They were first into the market with the new shirt. They flew them in especially to make sure that they had them in time.

Tell me, how many other clubs actually have their shirts on sale right now? All clubs have to wait for the EFL to decide how the numbers and names will be displayed and approve the shirt design, including sponsors logos etc.

DRFC being later to the market with their shirts is a myth.

If thats the case.. how is it possible that supporters could pre order in time for their holidays?

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on July 11, 2017, 09:59:53 am by ravenrover »
What am I missing? Why are people so keen to wear a football shirt on holiday? It's probably the last thing I would want to wear, that's if I ever bought one

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on July 11, 2017, 10:34:02 am by elmsallrover »
Lets hope there not been shipped on the titanic :) :) :)

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on July 11, 2017, 11:26:37 am by German Rover »
What am I missing? Why are people so keen to wear a football shirt on holiday? It's probably the last thing I would want to wear, that's if I ever bought one

Exactly that. A polyester t shirt is the last thing I'd want to wear on a beach in spain.

I don't wear a football jersey anywhere but on the pitch, never really seen why people would wear them.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on July 11, 2017, 01:30:17 pm by wing commander »
  We will always be in a weak position with manufacturers simply due to the amount of units we sell...FBT were very on the ball last year,it was there first foray into England and they wanted it to work well..
     Which it obviously did because they have picked up Crewe,Newport and Scunthorpe on the back of it this season..Now they will consider them block orders to the uk...They will all end up in one shipping container to the uk,so we will probably all get them at the same time...

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on July 18, 2017, 06:43:51 pm by DaveDRFC »
Just bought an infant kit for my lad. £27.50 so a bit more money than last year. £24.75 with season ticket discount.

balbyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on July 18, 2017, 07:01:21 pm by balbyrover »
Just bought an infant kit for my lad. £27.50 so a bit more money than last year. £24.75 with season ticket discount.

Whats the smallest infant kit they do?

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on July 18, 2017, 07:02:15 pm by DaveDRFC »
I think it's 0-6 months. Definitely used to be with Avec.

balbyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on July 18, 2017, 10:29:01 pm by balbyrover »
I think it's 0-6 months. Definitely used to be with Avec.

Thats great thanks.
Ill pop into the club shop for one next week, now to decide home or away!

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on July 18, 2017, 10:35:16 pm by Jenny »
[/quo

Bloody hell thats scandeous pricing! Not sure I'll be rushing to buy one now

balbyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on July 18, 2017, 10:59:38 pm by balbyrover »
[/quo

Bloody hell thats scandeous pricing! Not sure I'll be rushing to buy one now

Its a lot with how fast infants grow up, I must admit. The missus wont be too pleased but I want to get him hooked as soon as on DRFC.
Plus we will save all his kits for when hes older in a seperate wardrobe.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012