Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 08:20:49 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: John Lundstram worth half a million ??  (Read 2119 times)

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
John Lundstram worth half a million ??
« on July 17, 2017, 11:38:53 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
Sheffield United have made a bid for the midfielder and claim United want around £500,000 for their captain.  (PERHAPS THEIR SCOUT SHOULD HAVE GONE TO SPECSAVERS)

http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/15414412.Sheffield_United_reported_to_have_made_bid_for_Oxford_United_skipper_John_Lundstram/?ref=rss

in that case how much would they pay for JM

this gives hope for Conor Grant

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
Re: John Lundstram worth half a million ??
« Reply #1 on July 17, 2017, 11:45:00 pm by RoversAlias »
John Lundstram did well for us and has gone on to be a very good player at Oxford. 500k in today's market seems quite alright to me.

Marquis should be worth around the same amount, and if he signs a new deal then add a few hundred thousand to that value.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on July 18, 2017, 10:27:20 am by roversdude »
Has Connor Grant gone anywhere yet ?
I'm worried he may turn out for us again
Wish they could find the Connor Grant we first had - he's not been the same since "that corner"

balbyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on July 18, 2017, 10:41:13 am by balbyrover »
I liked Lundstrum. He was really young when we had him and he played a big part in us winning the leauge that season.
Had we not been promoted I think we would've tried to keep him, hes now Oxfords captain and quite well thought of.
If Sheff United see him as being good enough for there first team then 500k is a fair price for a 23 year old Championship midfielder.

As for Connor Grant, he too crossed my mind a few days back and it got me thinking that I wonder if Fergie might change his mind on him if other options fall through.  Its a difficult one for him because the season before last he was outstanding for us, but last season distinctly average. I won't say poor because I think that would be very harsh on the lad. He certainly didn't show enough to push the boat out and sign him at all costs though.
He might wish he took us up on that permanent contract now!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on July 18, 2017, 11:10:24 am by RedJ »
I'm glad he didn't. He was shite.

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on July 18, 2017, 01:15:37 pm by phil old leake »
I think DF should sign him. Strange decision for me.  Didn't play well got rid because he thought he hadn't done it for but played him as a starter nearly every game.  If he was that bad why didn't he just drop him and send him back

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on July 18, 2017, 01:31:48 pm by ravenrover »
Part of the loan agreement? If he's fit he plays

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on July 18, 2017, 03:30:35 pm by Alickismyhero »
I went to watch Oxford v Luton at Luton and Lundstrum was the best player on the pitch. He was the play maker from midfield and all the good moves came direct from him. Certainly worth £500k in my opinion.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012