Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 01:38:13 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Div 1 Signings to date  (Read 2583 times)

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
Div 1 Signings to date
« on July 22, 2017, 11:15:48 pm by Alan Southstand »
12 - Bury
11 - Blackpool
10 - Northampton
9 - Shrewsbury
8 - Gillingham, Plymouth
7 - Rotherham, Oxford, Peterborough
6 - Bradford, Blackburn, MK Dons, Wimbledon
5 - Fleetwood, Bristol R, Walsall
4 - Wigan, Scunthorpe, Rochdale, Oldham, Portsmouth, DRFC
3 - Southend, Charlton

Pretty much shows that some Clubs have been exceedingly busy over the summer, in fact the majority have 6 or more signed (includes loans as well).

Whilst the info above tells us nothing about how well a team is going to perform this coming season, it does clearly show that most clubs in the division are setting their stalls out. The last thing we need to do is be complacent about what we are going to be up against this season.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Re: Div 1 Signings to date
« Reply #1 on July 23, 2017, 12:17:14 am by Chris Black come back »
It also shows that if your squad was a sack of shit last season then you needed to make a load of signings this close season.

If it was not then maybe you did not need to sign double figures.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on July 23, 2017, 01:21:10 am by eastender »
 As the saying goes ...it's not all about quantity, but quality.

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on July 23, 2017, 07:35:07 am by DRNaith »
Is there any way we.can show this for last season against the league table?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on July 23, 2017, 07:57:25 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Looking at the list, you would probably expect the promotion contenders to come from those towards the bottom. The only surprise is Plymouth with as many as 8 unless their hand has been forced with players being towards the end of their contracts.

The majority of Blackpool's signings appear to be loans which suggests instability.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on July 23, 2017, 08:39:15 am by Alan Southstand »
Teams that finished in the top half were Scunny, Fleetwood, Bradford, Southend, Oxford, Rochdale. Then there are the teams who came down from the Championship - Wigan, Blackburn and Rotherham. I see all the above being strong again next season.

The teams that were in the lower half seem to have been busiest, obviously trying to ensure that they are not going to be in a relegation dog-fight again this season.

I think we're going to have our work cut out this coming season. I'll feel a lot more comfortable when we get the defence sorted.

1879Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on July 23, 2017, 09:14:00 am by 1879Rovers »
I think Bury have brought in some good players this summer.

ss1953

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on July 23, 2017, 01:44:44 pm by ss1953 »
Alan,

It would be interesting to correlate each clubs signings with their eventual league position.

Do you think you could keep a tally of signings till the end of the winter transfer window?

Thanks

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on July 23, 2017, 02:40:51 pm by The Beast »
I think a large turn over of players is not a good thing, the squads that stay quite stable are usually more successful. The teams that totally overhaul their squads usually take a while to gel, in many cases the manager goes before they have, then a new manager comes in and wants a few of his own players in. Obviously there are exceptions to this rule.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on July 23, 2017, 03:30:33 pm by RoversAlias »
We have a winning squad, that gelled together very well so I'm glad we aren't signing loads. Notice we brought in more than a dozen last summer as we had a failed squad that needed much altering. That's not the case this time around, and I'm sure Fergie is aware of that.

balbyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on July 23, 2017, 03:34:08 pm by balbyrover »
Its a marathon not a sprint. Whilst it would be great to have the whole squad in for the start of preseason sometimes it doesnt happen.

If it means waiting a extra fortnight for a better player then I am happy to wait.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on July 23, 2017, 07:43:55 pm by drfchound »
Teams that finished in the top half were Scunny, Fleetwood, Bradford, Southend, Oxford, Rochdale. Then there are the teams who came down from the Championship - Wigan, Blackburn and Rotherham. I see all the above being strong again next season.

The teams that were in the lower half seem to have been busiest, obviously trying to ensure that they are not going to be in a relegation dog-fight again this season.

I think we're going to have our work cut out this coming season. I'll feel a lot more comfortable when we get the defence sorted.

Most teams that get promoted find it harder in the higher division.
There are obviously some exceptions.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on July 23, 2017, 10:53:19 pm by the vicar »
Looking at the list, you would probably expect the promotion contenders to come from those towards the bottom. The only surprise is Plymouth with as many as 8 unless their hand has been forced with players being towards the end of their contracts.

The majority of Blackpool's signings appear to be loans which suggests instability.
make that 7 as they have got Taylor Sinclair lol

TinyPortal © 2005-2012