Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 02:07:32 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: How many do we need in and which positions are priority in you're opinion?  (Read 1499 times)

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
The obvious one even a Millwall fan could come up with we need new blood centrally at the back. Butler i have always worried about his lack of pace but he is very reliable in other ways i just think somebody a bit quicker and decent in the air could help. I think it was Gazlaz that suggested Howkins i think he is our type of signing some experience and good potential.
We definitely need a good ball winner Houghton is our real 'want' if not him somebody similar. This pre season i don't really have a feeling for how well we will do for the first time in years. Does that mean we are likely to finish mid-table?-i don't know.
I have thought for sometime that we miss a proper left winger not a converted midfielder there aren't that many about nowadays are there?.

What i like about our squad is Andrew will give us quality going forward from left back and Alcock if he plays right back would tuck in and help centrally. The midfield is still pretty good we just lack a ball winner we've got the technique-this season play Blair right wing Ferguson!.
Forwards we've got what we had with the Chelsea lad added we just need him fit i've few worries up there other than if Marquis doesn't fire we don't know which Williams we will get, Mandeville is really promising and might score quite a few. Then there's May who i think is a great little player but let's remember this season he makes another jump in standard.

Pre-season has been really disappointing the injuries have stopped us getting prepared properly and already he's having to patch a side together. Ideally i'd like to see Williams leave we need a new player but it's needing a club to sign him. If he's on it he is a great player i hope he proves me wrong. I'm totally confused just like other clubs fans as to what we will do this year-That's the joy of being a fan :scarf:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

wing commander

• Forum Member
   I personally would be more interested in 1 more midfielder and 1 centre half if the budget has only 2 places left but fergie seems intent on 2 midfielders it would seem...I look at our Defence and it looks thin with Baudry missing..I would much rather strengthen there plus this midfielder we are waiting for from the Euro's..
   Of course that would leave Houghton in limbo but he's not due back to full training for another month and then he will need to get match fit before Chelsea will want him playing 2 games a week in league 1...Hopefully by then we might have offloaded Middleton and come to a agreement with Etheridge to allow us to get him then...

wing commander

• Forum Member
  Talking of which Alex Bruce was on 5 live last night talking about the perils of being a out of contract Footballer at this time of the season...Says he was fully expecting to join a club but there interest suddenly fizzled out...Still thinks he can easily play Championship level but would consider anything and he invited Managers to give him a ring..lol...Bet we lost the phone with the pen...

acko

• Forum Member
I dont see Houghton coming back,if he does it wont be before the next transfer window in January hes going to need time to get match fit even after he starts full training again.At The moment the team seems swamped with midfield players but lack a out and out ball winner,Im sorry Sammy i disagree with you regarding Williams and Manderville,given he keeps fit i think Manderville will become our biggest asset weather its on the field or money in the bank.Marquis as a lot to prove this season and IMO wont be the force like last season i hope im wrong.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
Houghton has just started "contact" training, don't think that he would be too far away from a start in September. My player of the year but doubt he is coming back in August, hope he does though would luvit, just luvit

drfchound

• Forum Member
   I personally would be more interested in 1 more midfielder and 1 centre half if the budget has only 2 places left but fergie seems intent on 2 midfielders it would seem...I look at our Defence and it looks thin with Baudry missing..I would much rather strengthen there plus this midfielder we are waiting for from the Euro's..
   Of course that would leave Houghton in limbo but he's not due back to full training for another month and then he will need to get match fit before Chelsea will want him playing 2 games a week in league 1...Hopefully by then we might have offloaded Middleton and come to a agreement with Etheridge to allow us to get him then...

We don't often play twice a week in L1.
There are the League Cup and Chekatrade competitions of course but it would be unlikely that JH would play in the latter.

keith79

• Forum Member
4. another left and right back to cover another 1st choice center back and a player who can do a copps for 90 mins

balbyrover

• Forum Member
4. another left and right back to cover another 1st choice center back and a player who can do a copps for 90 mins

Another player to do a Copps would probably cost millions unless we unearth a gem.

I feel that after signing Khemis and another midfielder on loan today that we will be short of a quality CH and maybe Houghton.

If we could get them done before August i think it will have been a successful summer of recruitment.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member

Another player to do a Copps would probably cost millions unless we unearth a gem.

I feel that after signing Khemis and another midfielder on loan today that we will be short of a quality CH and maybe Houghton.

If we could get them done before August i think it will have been a successful summer of recruitment.

Totally agree, personally I don't even think Houghton is a 'need' if we sign the suspected U19 player but of course I would love to see him back here.

Squad-wise, we'd be short a centre half and that's it. We don't need any more full backs at all and Ben Khemis is probably going to be the understudy for Coppinger, which I'm more than happy with based on what I've seen.

Bezza

• Forum Member
its got to be a quality centre back above all else.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012