Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 10, 2024, 12:08:54 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Kongolo/Blair  (Read 2521 times)

Move DRFC

• Forum Member
Kongolo/Blair
« on August 06, 2017, 04:21:16 am by Move DRFC »
I like Blair and hes clearly a useful player and popular with the players and fans. But it was clear to see today that Kongolo is a much better option on the right side of the diamond. Blair should be a backup player in this division.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Re: Kongolo/Blair
« Reply #1 on August 06, 2017, 07:40:02 am by Donnywolf »
I am living with my Dads old adage of "never judge a man on one appearance"

True Kongolo DID look the biz - good simple passes - looked up for it - fast - ambitious busting a gut to stop that goal kick and making it just a throw in - and an inch perfect Ball for JM's "chip" of the keeper of course but I will need to see him at least another game or two before I "write off" 17MB

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 06, 2017, 08:39:05 am by GazLaz »
Rodney looked ok coming on when the game was opening up and we were starting to dominate but he wasn't very disciplined positionally. We've not seen enough of him to judge really but the midfield became very open when he was on, a better team may exploit that.

On MB17, I find it remarkable that he could put in such a performance after what has happened. My old man died a couple of months ago and it's knocked me for six affecting every aspect of my life. The fact he could go out there and perform to the standard he did says a lot about him. He wasn't at his absolute best but I though the sponsors missed a trick not giving him the MOTM award. I would have done.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on August 06, 2017, 08:39:45 am by graingrover »
No doubt MB's performance was affected by the recent tragic loss of his brother.
  Kongolo will certainly bring power to that right midfield .

balbyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 06, 2017, 09:13:31 am by balbyrover »
Matty Blair is a good player and one of our best last season.
After all he's been through, a below average performance is expected.  I'd have struggled to have even played.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 06, 2017, 09:32:07 am by GazLaz »
He will probably end up at right back.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on August 06, 2017, 09:57:40 am by selby »
  Gaz, he cannot tackle and is a decent winger,thats where we should be using him.
     He deserves a lot of respect for playing,and playing well yesterday,But Gillingham did most of their attacking on our right side yesterday, especially in the second half because thats where we were the weakest,and our manager addressed that.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on August 06, 2017, 10:22:21 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
As far as Kongolo's concerned, where will he play? Anywhere he wants!

Seriously, I take my hat off to Matty for turning out at a really different time. Even without that, he, Copps, Rowe will hopefully be pressured for their places by the young guns. Already, Whiteman has grabbed the shirt very tightly. DF will no doubt try different combinations because he's got quite a bit of talent to choose from.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 06, 2017, 10:38:11 am by GazLaz »
  Gaz, he cannot tackle and is a decent winger,thats where we should be using him.
     He deserves a lot of respect for playing,and playing well yesterday,But Gillingham did most of their attacking on our right side yesterday, especially in the second half because thats where we were the weakest,and our manager addressed that.

Neither can Kyle Walker and he's just gone for £50m.

Move DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 06, 2017, 10:39:43 am by Move DRFC »
Yeah fully respect Blair for going out and playing yesterday can't have been easy. I just think we have stronger options at both rightback and right mid

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 06, 2017, 11:51:18 am by RoversAlias »
Not Blair's strongest position, right of the diamond. I like him at right wing back in the 3-5-2, he should be first choice whenever we play that formation.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 06, 2017, 12:56:15 pm by the vicar »
My
Rodney looked ok coming on when the game was opening up and we were starting to dominate but he wasn't very disciplined positionally. We've not seen enough of him to judge really but the midfield became very open when he was on, a better team may exploit that.

On MB17, I find it remarkable that he could put in such a performance after what has happened. My old man died a couple of months ago and it's knocked me for six affecting every aspect of my life. The fact he could go out there and perform to the standard he did says a lot about him. He wasn't at his absolute best but I though the sponsors missed a trick not giving him the MOTM award. I would have done.
condolences on losing your dad it is not easy losing someone close, I know I have lost my mum, dad and my brother the latter to the same thing Kiwamya has got so it won't be easy for MB AND I agree with you on motm.  No matter what differences people have on here after a death we all should be more pulled together weather you know them or not
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 12:59:23 pm by the vicar »

Move DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 06, 2017, 01:28:18 pm by Move DRFC »
Not Blair's strongest position, right of the diamond. I like him at right wing back in the 3-5-2, he should be first choice whenever we play that formation.

Yeh fair enough play him at wing back but i'd swerve the 3-5-2 this season

TinyPortal © 2005-2012