Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 11:21:57 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Development squad  (Read 3576 times)

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
Development squad
« on August 31, 2017, 08:08:29 pm by johnny rovers »
I see the fixtures have just been released. Any idea where the games will take place and what the admission fee will be?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

glosterred

• VSC Member
Re: Development squad
« Reply #1 on August 31, 2017, 08:18:33 pm by glosterred »
Think they are played at Cantley Park, with some of them at KMS as well. As for price to get in, sorry cannot help on that or though I believe season ticket holders get in for nowt. Or at least they did last season.

COYR

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 31, 2017, 08:24:58 pm by GazLaz »
I'm glad there will be some semi competitive development games.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on September 05, 2017, 08:16:23 am by glosterred »
NEWS | #DRFC development squad open their season at Cantley Park on Tuesday. Entrance is free.  bit.ly/2vGRYos

From the Rovers twitter feed

COYR

kieranDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 05, 2017, 11:01:43 am by kieranDRFC »
What's the deal for entry for the development games, do you just walk straight in? Thinking of popping down that's all

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on September 05, 2017, 12:57:50 pm by selby »
Yes just walk in.

kieranDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 05, 2017, 04:14:14 pm by kieranDRFC »
Lost 2-1 Ben Khemis scored a cracker to make it 1-1. Him, Houghton and Alcock played full 90 minutes

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on September 05, 2017, 05:15:01 pm by selby »
Apart from those three,we looked a younger side than Bradford,and second half were the better team,
  Houghton was by far the best player on the pitch making it look easy without extending himself.
  Ben Khemis looked to now have settled in to the pace and hurley burley of the English game,and looked dangerous when running at the Bradford defence and played some great balls wide,where Gibbons looked promising with his pace down the left.
  The two central defenders looked OK, and allround they did well, but lacked a bit of penetration in front of goal.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 05, 2017, 06:42:43 pm by GazLaz »
Ben Kemis looked like a different lad in the warm up on Saturday. A lot more confident, messing about, laughing and joking. Looks like he's settled well, looked very timid when I've seen him before.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 05, 2017, 07:11:48 pm by Alan Southstand »
Not a bad summary, Selby..

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on September 06, 2017, 08:39:04 am by selby »
  Thinking about yesterday,the best thing about the game to me was the fact that Fergie,and the first team coaching staff,and most of the first team players were there watching the game.
  The first team players fair enough were there in support of the youngsters,and is commendable,Fergie and his staff however took more than a passing interest in what was going on,Strachen and Fergie were in constant conversation,Fergie strode around the pitch and had a word with John Schoefield just before half time,and took probably the annalists into the office at half time.
  It is great to see,must inspire the youngsters to do well,shows the club as a whole,and not just the first team are important to Ferge,and gives me as a supporter the feeling that the club is in the right hands,and that this team is another building block in driving the club forward.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 06, 2017, 09:56:18 am by NickDRFC »
Although I agree it's good to see Fergie there and he doesn't have to be there, if I was the manager (particularly just after the window has closed so in terms of transfer activity it's likely to be a quiet time for him) I'd be there, and it's in his interests for him to be there. He can take a look at some of the fringe players/those close to a return (Ben Khemis & Houghton), but more importantly it's good to know how the youth players are getting on and encourage them. Bringing someone into the first team from the development squad is win-win-win - saves on a transfer fee/wages for a more established player, potentially puts a future fee on the table if they perform well and gets the fans behind the team even more.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on September 06, 2017, 10:08:49 am by not on facebook »
Anyone got an idea how much it cost upkeep and run a development squad ?

Huddersfield are reported to be thinking about calling it a end to theirs
Because they can't seem to get no players to make it into the first team squad.

Huddersfield are thinking about doing what brentford do ,who kicked their development squad into touch and now have a 'B' squad .

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on September 06, 2017, 11:51:14 am by selby »
  Probably because their first team play at a higher level,for the millions put into their development teams,not many get a chance of a game in premiership teams.Whether they are outstanding or not, the managers will not take the chance when they can buy ready made for £30 million plus,its easier.
   Huddersfield are now at that level,and I still think myself that it was better for young players when there  was proper reserve leagues such as the Midland and Central leagues.
   But I bet they thought it was worth while when Rhodes came through the development system and they sold him.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on September 06, 2017, 05:45:43 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Rhodes came through at Ipswich.

Surely it's the mentality of the players in the games that makes it not worth while though.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on September 06, 2017, 05:55:49 pm by silent majority »
Anyone got an idea how much it cost upkeep and run a development squad ?

Huddersfield are reported to be thinking about calling it a end to theirs
Because they can't seem to get no players to make it into the first team squad.

Huddersfield are thinking about doing what brentford do ,who kicked their development squad into touch and now have a 'B' squad .

Huddersfield are thinking of downgrading or scrapping the Academy, not their development squad. Its not the same thing.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on September 06, 2017, 07:28:04 pm by eastender »
  Thinking about yesterday,the best thing about the game to me was the fact that Fergie,and the first team coaching staff,and most of the first team players were there watching the game.
  The first team players fair enough were there in support of the youngsters,and is commendable,Fergie and his staff however took more than a passing interest in what was going on,Strachen and Fergie were in constant conversation,Fergie strode around the pitch and had a word with John Schoefield just before half time,and took probably the annalists into the office at half time.
  It is great to see,must inspire the youngsters to do well,shows the club as a whole,and not just the first team are important to Ferge,and gives me as a supporter the feeling that the club is in the right hands,and that this team is another building block in driving the club forward.

Not only was it nice to see Most of the 1st team and coaching team there supporting , it was also nice to see the C.E.O and chairman there taking an interest, which will come as a surprise to many on here.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012