Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 12:21:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: North Korea??  (Read 9223 times)

nightporter

• VSC Member
Re: North Korea??
« Reply #60 on September 07, 2017, 09:33:04 am by nightporter »
Peace is not an option for the US, it's economy relies on selling arms and ammunition.

I found this article about US/Korea very interesting. 

http://www.4thmedia.org/2017/04/the-problem-is-washington-not-north-korea/#comment-4340672

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on September 07, 2017, 10:22:51 am by drfchound »
Maybe we should consider our own and America's foreign policies and question why North Korea are so intent on developing nuclear weapons to aim at the Americans.

To start we may want to question why the Americans have ran over a 1500 nuclear tests since 1945 and North Korea have undertaken 6 and question again who is the real
Problem in this scenario.

Have the Americans fired nuclear missiles over neighbouring countries of late?

nightporter

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on September 07, 2017, 10:50:08 am by nightporter »
Maybe we should consider our own and America's foreign policies and question why North Korea are so intent on developing nuclear weapons to aim at the Americans.

To start we may want to question why the Americans have ran over a 1500 nuclear tests since 1945 and North Korea have undertaken 6 and question again who is the real

Has anyone?  A missile 'capable' of carrying a nuclear warhead maybe.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on September 07, 2017, 11:33:02 am by drfchound »

Has anyone?  A missile 'capable' of carrying a nuclear warhead maybe.

Yeah, fair enough, good spot.
However, still very provocative.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on September 07, 2017, 11:40:46 am by not on facebook »
Peace is not an option for the US, it's economy relies on selling arms and ammunition.

http://www.4thmedia.org/2017/04/the-problem-is-washington-not-north-korea/#comment-4340672
[/quot

What really really gets my goat about the yanks is they do  are matters far worse after sticking their oars in at times.

Look at Afghanistan ,they only stuck their two bobs worth in that country  because Afghanistan was having running battles against the Russians ,and the Russians back then were yanks only real threat .

So yanks get involved in  Afghanistan by supplying them arms and training just to piss the Russians off
and now look how many yank troops have been sent back in body bags from that region .

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on September 07, 2017, 04:42:06 pm by aidanstu »

Not that I am aware of and neither have North Korea. They have however fired a misile. How many have America fired directly at other countries recently?

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on September 07, 2017, 04:45:04 pm by aidanstu »

[/quot

What really really gets my goat about the yanks is they do  are matters far worse after sticking their oars in at times.

Look at Afghanistan ,they only stuck their two bobs worth in that country  because Afghanistan was having running battles against the Russians ,and the Russians back then were yanks only real threat .

So yanks get involved in  Afghanistan by supplying them arms and training just to piss the Russians off
and now look how many yank troops have been sent back in body bags from that region .

A conspiracist would say it was more about taking over the supply of the opiate manufacturing trade in Afghanistan. Others would say it was in retaliation for the acts of Obama bin laden but if that was the case you would have to question why they flew the family out of America immediately after 9/11

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on September 07, 2017, 04:58:03 pm by not on facebook »
Yanks were in Afghanistan way before bin laden had is day .

Some pillock yank from whatever American agency started to run arms out to Afghanistan in the late 1970s or early 1980s  I recall.

In a short space of time the Afghan hill side fighters were taking out Russian helicopters with hand held rocket launchers supplied by the yanks.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on September 07, 2017, 05:58:30 pm by wilts rover »
Yes it was known as Operation Cyclone. Although not quite organised by 'some pillock'. It was a proper CIA run operation.

Also not quite true about Bin Laden. Bin Laden was in Afghanistan during this period, he was one of the Mujahideen fighting the Soviets. It is disputed if he was ever directly trained and armed by the Yanks, but he was there and they provided arms and training.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on September 07, 2017, 06:16:48 pm by not on facebook »
Thanks for filling all the missing gaps in mr wilts.

why did the CIA feal the need to get involved by backing the Afghan fighters ?

Last but not least ,did the CIA backing of the afghans back then lead America right into today's mess that they have to put boots on Afghan soil to try to clear up present day mess.?

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on September 07, 2017, 07:40:47 pm by aidanstu »
Yes it was known as Operation Cyclone. Although not quite organised by 'some pillock'. It was a proper CIA run operation.

Also not quite true about Bin Laden. Bin Laden was in Afghanistan during this period, he was one of the Mujahideen fighting the Soviets. It is disputed if he was ever directly trained and armed by the Yanks, but he was there and they provided arms and training.

I wasn't meaning bin laden himself, but his wider family. This is what I was referring to.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/bin-laden-family-evacuated/

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on September 07, 2017, 08:36:11 pm by wilts rover »
Thanks for filling all the missing gaps in mr wilts.

why did the CIA feal the need to get involved by backing the Afghan fighters ?

Because they backed/supported/started up opposition to any group in any country where communist forces or ideology might be. Including their own.

Last but not least ,did the CIA backing of the afghans back then lead America right into today's mess that they have to put boots on Afghan soil to try to clear up present day mess.?

Yes. There is a direct line from the Mujahideen to the Taliban who ran Afghanistan in the early part of this century when Bin Laden was running Al Qaeda from there. There are also links from the Mujahideen to Al Qaeda.

Glad to help.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on September 07, 2017, 09:57:53 pm by Dagenham Rover »
ooohhh theres some incredibly knowledgeable people on on here who know exactly what governments are/were thinking.
  feck me do we have half a dozen prime ministers and senior cabinet ministers posting on here  :) :)

am I surprised well tbh no :)

Geoff Blakesley

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on September 07, 2017, 10:58:20 pm by Geoff Blakesley »

nightporter

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on September 08, 2017, 09:07:25 am by nightporter »

The Tom Hanks film Charlie Wilson's War was about this, though probably not 100% accurate.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on September 08, 2017, 10:13:32 am by RedJ »
ooohhh theres some incredibly knowledgeable people on on here who know exactly what governments are/were thinking.
  feck me do we have half a dozen prime ministers and senior cabinet ministers posting on here  :) :)

am I surprised well tbh no :)

Well it doesn't take a rocket scientist to notice the USA was fighting a proxy war against the communist USSR...

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on September 15, 2017, 07:44:17 am by Filo »
I see they've fired another missisle over Japan, like it or not the fat odd shaped boy will not stop until he gets his arse slapped

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on September 15, 2017, 10:26:23 am by wing commander »
  He's not stupid he can do what he wants because he doesn't believe there will be consequences...It's the same old story.. fire a missile,wait a few weeks while the doves call for negotiations that he doesn't have any intention of having,thrown in a security council resolution that gets watered down by the Russians and Chines so it has little effect..In the meantime his scientists get that little bit closer to the end game....He has to be stopped and the sooner the better..I just wish we all knew how..!!!

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on September 15, 2017, 01:10:39 pm by not on facebook »
I wonder what both china and Russia would do if said fired missile was going over their land.

I guess it would not be a watered down solution to the problem.

Don't the japs have anti missile launchers that would knock any NK missile fired across them.

bigbadjack

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on September 15, 2017, 02:48:16 pm by bigbadjack »

I wonder what both china and Russia would do if said fired missile was going over their land.

I guess it would not be a watered down solution to the problem.

Don't the japs have anti missile launchers that would knock any NK missile fired across them.
I think last time out they noticed that the missile was gonna fly over them so decided not to shoot it down to avoid any escalation

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on September 15, 2017, 03:39:22 pm by not on facebook »
Well the japs or anyone else should should blow out of the sky any missile that's going over their airspace .

I mean the Russians have taken out aircraft that have wondered off by mistake into its airspace before.

NK Are taking the piss .

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on September 15, 2017, 06:18:11 pm by glosterred »
Well the japs or anyone else should should blow out of the sky any missile that's going over their airspace .

I mean the Russians have taken out aircraft that have wondered off by mistake into its airspace before.

Shooting down missiles is far easier said than done. Shooting down aircraft is easy.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on September 15, 2017, 06:52:07 pm by wilts rover »
This one was 400 miles up in the air when it went over Japan - higher than the International Space Station.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on September 15, 2017, 08:32:28 pm by not on facebook »
Back to the drawing board then ,suppose they will just have to let Kim get on playing silly buggers

bahrain rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on September 16, 2017, 06:36:34 am by bahrain rover »
Wilts, Very good point and that puts it well in to perspective. This missile not only flew near 150 miles higher than the ISS, hard but not too difficult. But whats more frightening is NK have the capability to successfully re-enter the vehicle intact, not so easy.Taking in to account not only the heat and friction and rapidly increasing dynamic pressures  involved, but being able to hit what is a very tight  angle window for successful re-entry. 

TinyPortal © 2005-2012