Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 04:52:34 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: We either aren't good enough or don't have the right mentality  (Read 1746 times)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
We either aren't good enough or don't have the right mentality
« on September 12, 2017, 09:43:58 pm by MrFrost »
Either way, the pattern of the last two seasons is still apparent.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
This probably isn't the right time to get folk to think objectively but perhaps we can all ponder this - for all the obvious cash that the owners are putting in to the club, we are in a poorer position than we were two years ago and have spent the last year digging ourselves out of the lowest tier of English football (and made that look hard work).

Either the others are getting better or, just or, we might not have the right set up at the club. Think about it - we have played two clubs in consecutive games who had not won a single game this season in the league....until they played us.

I just cannot rectify how with our owners, commercial set up and even pretty good attendances (only 2,700 at Rochdale tonight) we are performing so consistently poorly relative to these advantages. We are in the most generous interpretation no better off than when Dickov left two years ago, and behind where we were ten years ago when we had just left Belle Vue.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 09:53:04 pm by Chris Black come back »

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
Re: We either aren't good enough or don't have the right mentality
« Reply #2 on September 12, 2017, 09:51:50 pm by Bessie Red »
Definitely a problem with their mentality.
We shit a brick when the opposition score!!

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 12, 2017, 09:55:00 pm by MrFrost »
How many of our squad have experience at this level?

There lies the problem.

All the hard work the club is doing off the field is being pissed away on it.

We've attratced a lot of new supporters this season. How many of them are going to stay to watch the shite that is being served up?

I agree, we are further behind on the pitch than we have been in over a decade. Something just doesn't add up.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 12, 2017, 09:58:23 pm by colincramb »
This probably isn't the right time to get folk to think objectively but perhaps we can all ponder this - for all the obvious cash that the owners are putting in to the club, we are in a poorer position than we were two years ago and have spent the last year digging ourselves out of the lowest tier of English football (and made that look hard work).

Either the others are getting better or, just or, we might not have the right set up at the club. Think about it - we have played two clubs in consecutive games who had not won a single game this season in the league....until they played us.

I just cannot rectify how with our owners, commercial set up and even pretty good attendances (only 2,700 at Rochdale tonight) we are performing so consistently poorly relative to these advantages. We are in the most generous interpretation no better off than when Dickov left two years ago, and behind where we were ten years ago when we had just left Belle Vue.

A possible answer to this decline could be the years we spent in the championship, especially towards the end, where we threw good money after bad in a desperate attempt to keep up. The lack of planning in those years have seriously bitten the club on the arse in the last few years, just in my opinion.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on September 13, 2017, 07:27:07 am by dickos1 »

We're 5 places higher in the table than 2 years ago 🙄

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on September 13, 2017, 09:58:19 am by graingrover »
In an attempt to rise above the disappointment of the last few games I recognise we have added a lot of young players and all come with good references ; Lawlor , Houghton , Whiteman and Khongolo ( and unfortunately our absent Chelsea bred winger) are the types that are the personification of the strategy to build for the future and develop young players . It takes time to gel this new input together and I firmly believe it will all come together  as this season progresses. Keep the faith in the strategy the club has clearly mandated and in DF who is starting his second season of the rebuild .

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 13, 2017, 10:00:16 am by MrFrost »
In an attempt to rise above the disappointment of the last few games I recognise we have added a lot of young players and all come with good references ; Lawlor , Houghton , Whiteman and Khongolo ( and unfortunately our absent Chelsea bred winger) are the types that are the personification of the strategy to build for the future and develop young players . It takes time to gel this new input together and I firmly believe it will all come together  as this season progresses. Keep the faith in the strategy the club has clearly mandated and in DF who is starting his second season of the rebuild .

Can't argue with that in fairness.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on September 13, 2017, 10:09:20 am by dickos1 »

Is getting promoted with 5 games to spare making hard work of it??

You are just saying things without even considering whether they to be true or not

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 13, 2017, 11:27:56 am by wing commander »
     I've been genuinely shocked at the reaction to the game last night...Losing 2 goals in injury time to lose is always cruel no matter how well you are doing but the over reaction has been crazy
     Not every team can be top of the league and there are times when it's a struggle,all the percentages go against you..balls get deflected and sit up perfectly as last night..Strikers score worldys as like Blackpool and as DF said you cant catch a break....That's the time everyone should stick together and battle through until it changes or becomes apparent the team cant do that...
     So far this season,in the games I've watched I haven't seen anybody rip us apart..We played ok at home to the Gills,and at home to blackpool were they scored 3 great goals..I also thought we played well against the Posh who for me are the best team in this league...We just didn't have that bit of luck...If we were not competitive I would be worried but we are and I'm confident it will turn...

TinyPortal © 2005-2012