Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 10:37:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: WUMs out in force  (Read 2434 times)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
WUMs out in force
« on September 12, 2017, 09:55:03 pm by RoversAlias »
Either our forum / fanbase has an inordinate set of imbeciles and trolls, or football fans really are just that fickle. 3/4 threads within 15 minutes of full time asking for the manager to go, or comparing him to Paul Dickov for god's sake, is pathetic. I thought losing the game in stoppage time like that was dreadful and stupidly avoidable, but already this forum has taken the accolade for most ridiculous thing I've seen all day.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
Re: WUMs out in force
« Reply #1 on September 12, 2017, 10:03:36 pm by mrfrostsdad »
Either our forum / fanbase has an inordinate set of imbeciles and trolls, or football fans really are just that fickle. 3/4 threads within 15 minutes of full time asking for the manager to go, or comparing him to Paul Dickov for god's sake, is pathetic. I thought losing the game in stoppage time like that was dreadful and stupidly avoidable, but already this forum has taken the accolade for most ridiculous thing I've seen all day.

Ok, fair enough.
So what's your take on a manager who single handedly got us relegated from a position of safety the season before last, by being so thick he was the only person watching every week who couldn't see we couldn't play with three centre backs?
Just to remind you it was Darren Ferguson.
I don't think he should get the sack yet, personally. For me he has two or three more games max to turn it around

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 12, 2017, 10:06:55 pm by RoversAlias »

Ok, fair enough.
So what's your take on a manager who single handedly got us relegated from a position of safety the season before last, by being so thick he was the only person watching every week who couldn't see we couldn't play with three centre backs?
Just to remind you it was Darren Ferguson.
I don't think he should get the sack yet, personally. For me he has two or three more games max to turn it around

Conveniently, the promotion he got us last season to rectify that first season (a season in which he had to deal with the mess Dickov left him might I add) is completely ignored.

Some of the statements on this board since full time are nothing short of moronic. Comparing him to Dickov, saying he should go now. We nearly won this game tonight, and I'm not defending losing it in the manner we did, but to suggest he's not right for the job, or to write off an automatic promotion last season, is wrong.

My take is that we are having a tough time adapting to key aspects of life in this division. But it's September 12th, we've played less than a dozen games, and I for one am not pushing the panic button yet.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 12, 2017, 10:09:08 pm by not on facebook »
It's the new middle class type of fan that attends football these days .

Look at when Chelsea lost to burnley 2-3 first game at home this season and some chelsea fans booed the team off the pitch ffs.

These type of fans can't take defeat on the chin or should I say lack class after a defeat

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 12, 2017, 10:09:54 pm by drfchound »
TBF, he had 35 games to "put right the Dickov mess" and failed.
He also blew the chance of winning the league last season.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 10:14:02 pm by drfchound »

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 12, 2017, 10:10:06 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Maybe we should have sacked SOD 7 games into our first season in the Championship.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on September 12, 2017, 10:12:42 pm by dickos1 »
Single handedly?
How many players were his?

Absolutely unbelievable how people find a negative in everything Rovers related

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 12, 2017, 10:13:24 pm by mrfrostsdad »

Look at when Chelsea lost to burnley 2-3 first game at home this season and some chelsea fans booed the team off the pitch ffs.

These type of fans can't take defeat on the chin or should I say lack class after a defeat

Hahaha!! PMSL! Middle class fans that attend football these days!
I've been going for 52 years and I'm from Scawthorpe ffs!! Can't take a defeat on the chin?? I've seen more bad times than good times following the Rovers, and to be quite honest, your post is the biggest load of crap I've ever read on here!!!

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 12, 2017, 10:14:01 pm by Chris Black come back »
Maybe we should have sacked SOD 7 games into our first season in the Championship.

Think the leap to Championship for first time in 50 years was something of a different matter.

Playing at our comfortable, 'natural' level in League One really should not be this difficult.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on September 12, 2017, 10:18:46 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I'd be surprised if there wasn't any reaction in the dressing room right now where it matters. It will hurt badly!

Panicking won't help the cause but the younger players will learn the hard way.

Not sure where you start when unpicking the last 4 minutes, I wasn't there so hard to judge.

Conceding in the first minute, and conceding two in injury time in successive games, suggest concentration levels need addressing. 

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on September 12, 2017, 10:19:52 pm by Chris Black come back »
Good god this is a 'wake up call' and 'we will go again' no doubt.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on September 12, 2017, 10:20:18 pm by dickos1 »
7 games in,

It's all the same people who wanted him gone after promotion

It's pathetic, we've 40 games to go

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on September 12, 2017, 10:20:54 pm by drfchound »

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on September 12, 2017, 10:23:04 pm by DonnyOsmond »

Think the leap to Championship for first time in 50 years was something of a different matter.

Playing at our comfortable, 'natural' level in League One really should not be this difficult.

When 8 out of the lads who start tonight have hardly played in League One I'd say they both take some getting used to...

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on September 12, 2017, 10:23:47 pm by dickos1 »
One game more than a full premier league season

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on September 12, 2017, 10:27:25 pm by Chris Black come back »

When 8 out of the lads who start tonight have hardly played in League One I'd say they both take some getting used to...

If (which I do not think is especially relevant tbh - how many of our teams in 2003/4, 2004/5 or 2008/9 seasons had ever played in those leagues before?) having experience in League One is so absolutely important, with a 'competitive' budget why were not more experienced players recruited?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on September 12, 2017, 10:31:09 pm by DonnyOsmond »
The lesser experienced players will adapt after a few more games at this level. Patience is a virtue not many of our fans possess

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on September 12, 2017, 10:32:50 pm by MrFrost »

If (which I do not think is especially relevant tbh - how many of our teams in 2003/4, 2004/5 or 2008/9 seasons had ever played in those leagues before?) having experience in League One is so absolutely important, with a 'competitive' budget why were not more experienced players recruited?

Because we probably couldn't afford them

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on September 12, 2017, 10:37:15 pm by DonnyOsmond »
We should sign Chaplow...

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on September 12, 2017, 10:53:50 pm by dickos1 »
What about Harper

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on September 12, 2017, 10:57:18 pm by idler »

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on September 12, 2017, 11:47:04 pm by not on facebook »
I should rewrite my stab at middle class fans ,as there are amply long term fans who also show the same signs but that's understandable I guess

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on September 12, 2017, 11:48:19 pm by not on facebook »

Hahaha!! PMSL! Middle class fans that attend football these days!
I've been going for 52 years and I'm from Scawthorpe ffs!! Can't take a defeat on the chin?? I've seen more bad times than good times following the Rovers, and to be quite honest, your post is the biggest load of crap I've ever read on here!!!

I have thought about you mr frost and re adjusted my comment .sorry for any offence

TinyPortal © 2005-2012