Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 04, 2024, 02:00:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Armed police at today's game  (Read 1675 times)

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
Armed police at today's game
« on September 17, 2017, 10:26:03 am by Padge_DRFC »
As above.

Only a matter of time until football grounds are targeted. Easy target 1000s of people. 13 year olds manage to smuggle smoke bombs in despite 'searches'

Can see turnstiles having to have airport security soon.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Armed police at today's game
« Reply #1 on September 17, 2017, 10:34:12 am by Filo »
Whatever it takes to be secure is ok in my book, I'm surprised people have not been told to leave rucksacks and bags at home to be honest

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on September 17, 2017, 11:40:43 am by silent majority »
We were at a meeting with SY Police last week and this was discussed. Im surprised this has been made public this way as it wasnt the plan.

Two points to make though, one is they have no specific knowledge about this game or any other. And the second, and more important point is do not approach them asking for selfies or anything similar.  They wish to observe from a distance and can't be effective if surrounded by large crowds.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 17, 2017, 12:01:14 pm by not on facebook »
There are some right pricks within our society when they see a armed police officer for the first time ,wanting selfies etc etc .

Not as bad as the tourists who allways try to get far too close to the queens guard ,who allways get a mouthfull whenever getting too close .

If there is armed police outside the KMS does that mean that the KMS had had a full security swoop before hand .

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on September 17, 2017, 12:05:19 pm by Filo »
There are some right pricks within our society when they see a armed police officer for the first time ,wanting selfies etc etc .

Not as bad as the tourists who allways try to get far too close to the queens guard ,who allways get a mouthfull whenever getting too close .

If there is armed police outside the KMS does that mean that the KMS had had a full security swoop before hand .

I would think the stewards do a security sweep before and after a game as standard procedure. If it is n't it should be

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on September 17, 2017, 12:34:28 pm by DearneValleyRover »
The NFL games being played in the UK have a clear bag policy, obviously it's another way of making money but the only bags allowed at those games are the NFL clear bags all others are banned. I can see football going down the same route.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on September 17, 2017, 12:42:11 pm by silent majority »
Its pretty much been that way at UEFA at FIFA games for some time.

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 17, 2017, 12:45:12 pm by German Rover »
In Germany you can't take any bags into the stadium at all. They're all left outside with a steward posted to look after them.  Yesterday they even took a bag of sweets off my mate and got them back at the end of the match.

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 17, 2017, 12:49:35 pm by German Rover »

The police represent the community and if they're seen as a stand offish armed group people won't speak to them. People don't speak to them, then there's no intelligence coming in. Being part of the community means they interact with locals who aren't scared of them and if that includes taking selfies with people, mores the better.

The more intelligence they get the better the operations work to counter terrorism and the safer the population are.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 17, 2017, 02:05:19 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
I'm not sure the police carrying guns are the one's to be approached - I wouldn't.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012