Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 02:15:14 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Men v Boys  (Read 2179 times)

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
Men v Boys
« on September 17, 2017, 07:18:46 pm by Alan Southstand »
That about sums the game up to me and probably why we've not won in 5 or 6 games. Has the Club underestimated what was needed in this league?

No brutes in our team - anywhere! Put any manager in charge and they are going to be faced with the same problem. The players are just not physically up to the mark I'm afraid.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
Re: Men v Boys
« Reply #1 on September 17, 2017, 07:22:16 pm by esdailles left foot »
That would appear to be one of the problems.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on September 17, 2017, 08:14:16 pm by Lesonthewest »
It was the same problem in some games last season also & nothings changed, said it for a while now we have some really good young players, but we lack a couple of gaffers to organise & put a foot in.

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 17, 2017, 08:16:17 pm by rich1471 »
I said to my dad we need a hard bastxxd in midfield to break up play and do the dirty jobs or we will struggle

CJK

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 17, 2017, 08:43:06 pm by CJK »
Exactly what Biahop (12) did for them. Little football ability but has made a career out of playing that role in the middle of the park. We've a lot of individual ability, on paper, but it's not all mixing together well at the moment.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 17, 2017, 09:03:57 pm by bpoolrover »
We had Keegan but most people just kept saying how shit he was

Woodhead Passer

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 17, 2017, 09:16:17 pm by Woodhead Passer »

He wasn't shit, just always injured!

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on September 17, 2017, 10:45:25 pm by bobjimwilly »
the most glaring problem today was with the strikers. we actually did enough second half to score, if Williams could remember how to hit a ball and John spent less time moaning to the ref and playing with his hair. Rowe should have been awarded a peno 2nd half too. Defensively we didn't do that much wrong today.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 17, 2017, 11:01:08 pm by RedJ »

He wasn't shit, just always injured!

Depends who you ask... some people hated him because he wasn't Xavi.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 18, 2017, 07:16:18 am by MrFrost »
the most glaring problem today was with the strikers. we actually did enough second half to score, if Williams could remember how to hit a ball and John spent less time moaning to the ref and playing with his hair. Rowe should have been awarded a peno 2nd half too. Defensively we didn't do that much wrong today.

Never a penalty. Not even close.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on September 18, 2017, 07:17:03 am by NickDRFC »

Wasn't there so couldn't comment wheteher it should have been a pen, but it wouldn't surprise me if Rowe has his card marked by the referees, like Lewis Guy did. It's the boy who cried wolf, if you keep diving then you're not going to get genuine penalties.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on September 18, 2017, 07:38:38 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »

On Rowe? I thought it was. Outside the box he gives a late foul so why not in it. The shout seconds after that wasn't but foul on Rowe was.

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on September 18, 2017, 09:53:06 am by bobbymax »

On Rowe? I thought it was. Outside the box he gives a late foul so why not in it. The shout seconds after that wasn't but foul on Rowe was.
Rowe was taken out seconds before Marquis hit the post. It was a pen, no question.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012