Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 05:29:59 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Just back  (Read 6503 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Just back
« on September 21, 2017, 02:12:05 am by Filo »
Time to reflect on the journey home.

Great performance from the boys, did the club proud, but Alfie is not and never will be a lone striker

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

glosterred

• VSC Member
Re: Just back
« Reply #1 on September 21, 2017, 02:21:53 am by glosterred »
Especially when he's up against someone who is 4 foot taller than him in Per Mertiseker, or however you spell his name

COYR

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on September 21, 2017, 02:39:12 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Yes, a great day. Fantastic stadium. Good boozer (The Coronet). The boys did well. It was all about containment but we did have a few chances. My gripe is still not shooting when in good positions.

Spare a thought for the lads and lasses who got stranded after the match when at least one coach had a bit of an accident. Hopefully they're on their way by now

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on September 21, 2017, 02:41:53 am by RobTheRover »
M1 closed, A1 closed. Windey roads are in their journey I foresee.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 21, 2017, 02:45:05 am by MrFrost »
Only just back home despite getting into Donny before 1am. Thanks Micks mini cabs you set of absolute bas**rds.

Good game though.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on September 21, 2017, 07:53:27 am by Donnywolf »
Literally just got back after Coach 12 hit a stupidly placed Bollard at about 3 mph and did extensive damage

The Bollard which is probably no more than 15" high is on the very first coner opposite the Ground and police say many Coaches have hit it. We needed an Engineer to make the bodywork safe and a Tyre Fitter to reinflate the Tyre and it was not until 00:45 that we managed to leave the area and head home into the diversions

We were told that Coach 8 also slightly hit the same obstruction and suffered a puncture which needed repair at South Mimms Services so if that is true 10% of our Coaches hit the same stupidly placed Bollard

Apparantly Hull fans sympathised as one of their Coaches was pranged 2 years ago and "they"  promised to move it - but obviously whoever "they" are they have not moved it
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 08:27:16 am by Donnywolf »

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 21, 2017, 08:01:53 am by Chris Black come back »
You got back into Donny at ten to eight?!

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on September 21, 2017, 08:11:22 am by Donnywolf »
Well maybe literally is not to be taken too literally as I got back to Thorne at 05.00 this morning grabbing an hour on the Sofa till my Dog woke me for his morning walk !

Spent almost exactly 3 hours 100 yards from the Ground for the sake of someone removing this obstacle. I have a photo which I can post later !

See Reply #5 above
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 08:28:32 am by Donnywolf »

Rich_The_Conisbrough_Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 21, 2017, 08:18:07 am by Rich_The_Conisbrough_Rover »
Some of these times getting back mate ridiculous, spoke to me dad about an hour ago and he got in at 03:10am and up for work at 7, the things we do aye to watch the rovers.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 21, 2017, 08:27:50 am by the vicar »
Literally just got back after Coach 12 hit a stupidly placed Bollard at about 3 mph and did extensive damage

The Bollard which is probably no more than 15" high is on the very first coner opposite the Ground and police say many Coaches have hit it. We needed an Engineer to make the bodywork safe and a Tyre Fitter to reinflate the Tyre and it was not until 00:45 that we managed to leave the area and head home into the diversions

We were told that Coach 8 also slightly hit the same obstruction and suffered a puncture which needed repair at South Mimms Services so if that is true 10% of our Coaches hit the same stupidly placed Bollard

Apparantly Hull fans sympathised as one of their Coaches was pranged 2 years ago and "they"  promised to move it - but obviously whoever "they" are they have not moved it
It was the bollards fault as it jumped in the way of the bus

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on September 21, 2017, 08:30:21 am by Chris Black come back »
Most folk: "It was the bollard's fault for damaging the bus"

Dickos: "We can't blame the bollard. We need to give it more time. Far too early to attribute the damage to the bollard"

Bit of humour there.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on September 21, 2017, 08:32:08 am by dickos1 »
Most folk 😂😂
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 08:40:23 am by dickos1 »

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on September 21, 2017, 08:32:21 am by Filo »
I think we we're first coach back at the KM at about 1:50 after diverting off the M1 at J15, back on the M1 at J18, diverting back off the M1 at J23 and picking up the A1 around Newark

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on September 21, 2017, 08:34:06 am by Filo »

Those bollards are there to stop vehicles cutting the corners

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on September 21, 2017, 08:43:18 am by Donnywolf »

It was the bollards fault as it jumped in the way of the bus

No - obviously the driver has ultimate responsibility to ensure his vehicle is clear of all obstructions and doubtless Wilfreda Beehive will be telling him that

My point however is that if an Incident like takes place twice in a specimen "group" of 20 (= 10%) then there is clearly something contributing to those incidents in addition to the drivers involved culpability

When I have had a decent sleep I will be emailing Arsenal to ask for their assistance in getting the stupidly placed Bollard removed or repositioned or Painted or lit

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on September 21, 2017, 08:47:03 am by Donnywolf »

Those bollards are there to stop vehicles cutting the corners

Agree - I think that IS the reason but why not use Fencing or a series of Hi vis Poles. I am not saying our Driver was not at fault just that at least the deterrent should be made MUCH more visible and perhaps higher that 15" or so

It was also a terribly tight turn for such a long bus when there are Bollards in the centre of the road as well almost forcing the Coach towards going over the Pavement
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 08:54:51 am by Donnywolf »

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on September 21, 2017, 08:50:36 am by Donnywolf »
Here it can be seen how tight the turn is - and the little b*****d that has me in a sleepless state right now

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.5540728,-0.1105382,3a,75y,269.89h,65.47t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sx-UyAK5NNgvvAnyH0-GIGA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

3 things to note - it was dark and there were lots of people milling about on the corner and the Blue Board was not there.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 08:52:37 am by Donnywolf »

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on September 21, 2017, 09:00:00 am by eastender »
Coach 10 hit the same Ballard but we survived unscathed .
We went to help coach 8 change a wheel at the M1 services  , but no one had any tools.
That put an extra 20 mins on our journey.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on September 21, 2017, 09:22:47 am by Alan Southstand »
Facilities for coaches, particularly turning circles are extremely poor and our bus had a very difficult manouevre to make before the game. It's probably more luck than judgement that we missed that little sod of a bollard. Got back to KMS at about 2am.

Hoping the lads have still got something in their legs for Saturday, as one or two we're struggling in the last few minutes of the game. Enjoyed the experience though and we had a right go.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on September 21, 2017, 09:35:15 am by drfchound »
We spotted that bollard when were were chatting on that corner before the match and said it was to stop vehicles cutting the corner.
Maybe it is a highways thing and nothing to do with Arsenal.
If it wasn't there maybe coaches would mount the pavement and if it is at a busy time (after games) someone might get hit by a bus.

We also got back to the KMS at 2am after the multiple diversions off the motorway.
Why were the diversions in place, anyone know.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on September 21, 2017, 09:45:32 am by Donnywolf »
Hi Hound - great to meet you yesterday

Yes the Bollard stops the Coaches knocking somebody over and I am sure that is why it is there - but surely it could be made more visible - or the Drivers made more aware via their literature.

The Coach Parking was not what I expected as I was sure we would be directed to a huge Car Park in line with the other great facilities at The Emirates but instead we got the twisty side streets with Coaches having to play Chess to park facing the right way for home

It now emerges that Coaches 8, 10 and 12 all hit the thing last night so 3 of 21 Coaches - and it is struck regularly by visiting Coaches. I agree AFC are not to "blame" in an way but as I am past sleeping I have emailed them suggesting that they can at least look into the matter and exert some "local" pressure

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on September 21, 2017, 09:47:25 am by Filo »
Nice stadium stuck in the middle of a shithole

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on September 21, 2017, 10:00:07 am by drfchound »
Hi Hound - great to meet you yesterday

Yes the Bollard stops the Coaches knocking somebody over and I am sure that is why it is there - but surely it could be made more visible - or the Drivers made more aware via their literature.

The Coach Parking was not what I expected as I was sure we would be directed to a huge Car Park in line with the other great facilities at The Emirates but instead we got the twisty side streets with Coaches having to play Chess to park facing the right way for home

It now emerges that Coaches 8, 10 and 12 all hit the thing last night so 3 of 21 Coaches - and it is struck regularly by visiting Coaches. I agree AFC are not to "blame" in an way but as I am past sleeping I have emailed them suggesting that they can at least look into the matter and exert some "local" pressure

Yes i agree, if there is that much of a problem it needs looking at.
Our coach driver clipped a wall when doing his 98 point turn before parking.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on September 21, 2017, 10:04:24 am by Donnywolf »
Can someone copy my (poor) Photo in Reply ~5 please and put on here so it is permanently displayed as when I log out the Photo goes too !

Cheers DW

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on September 21, 2017, 12:30:21 pm by idler »
Got back to Bradford at 3:55 after getting off our bus at Carcroft for drive home.
I was driving so at least the other 3 could have a nap.
I was glad that I'm retired this morning though while the other 3 all had work I just went to Pilates.
We all had a great time though and felt that it was worth it for the experience.

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on September 21, 2017, 12:33:42 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
Kipped on my mates couch this morning in London. Was up for 4.15 to get the train back for work for 9.

Last night was definitely worth feeling like this.

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on September 21, 2017, 12:41:20 pm by Upton Rover »
Poor driving. Got to be or else every other coach would hit it

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on September 21, 2017, 12:46:16 pm by Filo »
Poor driving. Got to be or else every other coach would hit it

Our driver pointed them out on the way in, saying how you have to keep an eye out for them

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on September 21, 2017, 01:51:24 pm by Ldr »
5 to 6 when I got home to Newcastle (via dropping off in Manchester)

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on September 21, 2017, 02:23:44 pm by bobjimwilly »
if you want to make drivers aware there is a corner that shouldn't be clipped, but a bigger f*cking bollard there! or even some railings. That thing is ridiculous!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012