Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 10:31:56 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Match day!  (Read 1483 times)

DRNaith

• VSC Member
Match day!
« on September 23, 2017, 07:41:07 am by DRNaith »
After being swamped by posts around Wednesday night, be it the infighting, standing, catering, bollards, road-closures or even the game itself, our attentions can now turn to today's game against Plymouth.

Whilst I don't think this is a "must win" game for Fergie, I do see it as an excellent opportunity to win against another club that also isn't in great form.

I hope that the on-pitch positives, from Wednesday, will be transferred into today's game.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
Re: Match day!
« Reply #1 on September 23, 2017, 07:46:19 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Huge game hopefully get the right result. May did enough for a start so him and John up front I would prefer.

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on September 23, 2017, 07:53:15 am by LincsRover »
Agree DRN, let's take the many positives and confidence from the arsenal game and give Plymouth a damned good thrashing - although I'll settle for a 1:0 win!

:woohoo:

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on September 23, 2017, 08:07:04 am by Donnywolf »
Me too - I can promise I wont be talking bollards (cos I usually do) but this game needs not to be an anti climax

I feel it is a game that could be a "turning point " a "milestone" or a "Mansfield moment" or whatever other cliches we use

Hopefully the Players feel that too and respond with a win however it comes - and also double my PvO score for the Season COYR - you have the chance to make us happy today !

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on September 23, 2017, 08:21:30 am by glosterred »
I'm looking forward to seeing if DF will play just one up front as he did in Wednesday, if he does I think it's a job for Marquis and not May.

COYR

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 23, 2017, 10:10:55 am by RoversAlias »
I'm looking forward to seeing if DF will play just one up front as he did in Wednesday, if he does I think it's a job for Marquis and not May.

COYR

He said he wants to use that set-up again but it won't work today due to Plymouth's style of sitting off, waiting for the counter. So I'd expect two up top today.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on September 23, 2017, 10:24:33 am by glosterred »

COYR

He said he wants to use that set-up again but it won't work today due to Plymouth's style of sitting off, waiting for the counter. So I'd expect two up top today.

In that case Marquis and May up front then

COYR

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 23, 2017, 11:30:32 am by drfchound »

COYR

So we know that playing two up front is playing right into their hands so why not counter that and play with one up front and make them change their style of play.

southwestexile

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 23, 2017, 12:00:11 pm by southwestexile »
Sincerely hope that we don't get caught out by counter attacking Plymouth for the third time on the bounce, we've got to be better than that

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 23, 2017, 12:23:57 pm by not on facebook »
If rovers had beat arsenal other night ,I had this game down as a Plymouth home win as that happens all the time when a lower league team pulls off a massive result against a much higher placed team in the prem.

So since rovers got beat at arsenal Iam expecting rovers to take a point or points away from home park today.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012