Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 04:48:56 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Todays goals  (Read 3772 times)

donnyguy61

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Prez

• VSC Member
Re: Todays goals
« Reply #1 on September 23, 2017, 07:53:59 pm by Prez »
Lol, like the Plymouth fan calling Sonny a f**king idiot. Dirty vile club Plymouth.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on September 23, 2017, 08:03:14 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Good goals those. Hope we see more of Marquis and May gelling together. Great to see us scoring from a cross for a change, nicely delivered by Rodney and skilfully guided in by Alfie. More of the same please!

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on September 23, 2017, 08:06:07 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Lol, like the Plymouth fan calling Sonny a f**king idiot. Dirty vile club Plymouth.

Do that in the street you go to prison. Crazy thing to do. I would be fuming if ours did that.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on September 23, 2017, 08:09:34 pm by dknward2 »
Good goals those. Hope we see more of Marquis and May gelling together. Great to see us scoring from a cross for a change, nicely delivered by Rodney and skilfully guided in by Alfie. More of the same please!
Alfie sent the pass to Dave so well worked 1-2

chrisd_123

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 23, 2017, 08:14:09 pm by chrisd_123 »

I'm guessing that would be their club analyst in the gantry haha! Sums up a terrible day for them.

Our third goal, by the way... Alfie May at his best there and a great ball from Kongolo!

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on September 23, 2017, 08:16:51 pm by Donnywolf »

I did not have the sound on when I watched. Then I watched the sending off about 3 times till I saw what had happened. My comment was f*****g idiot so at least I agreed with the PAFC fan even though I did not hear him !

Second point. What a brave header by AB for the opening goal. did he WANT that or what

Third point - what a brilliant move for the third goal. Was impressed at how Rodney watched and watched where Alfie was before laying on the perfect pass.  10 / 10

Rich_The_Conisbrough_Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 23, 2017, 08:23:12 pm by Rich_The_Conisbrough_Rover »
Personally and no disrespect to Williams but I would start Marquis & May up front week in and week out, I just think they gel together better and their playing style is a lot similar (real grafters and give 110%).

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 23, 2017, 08:44:52 pm by MachoMadness »
What a shame it was to see McCormick fumble a soft catch in the buildup to our second. Was really gutted for him. Honest.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on September 23, 2017, 08:47:56 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Do that in the street you go to prison. Crazy thing to do. I would be fuming if ours did that.

Ah, how times change.

0:50 here.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=N-U90uTGgnU

balbyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on September 23, 2017, 08:50:29 pm by balbyrover »
That sending off was horrendous. That's actually assualt. Fair enough both were pulling each other's shirt but retaliating like that isn't on and should carry a bigger ban.

Didn't go today but looks like the front two Marquis and May really gelled together. As said above brave header from Butler and exactly what you'd expect from your commanding CB! Marquis right place right time which has been the case for all his goals this season. Great trait! Mays goal was a great goal all round,tidy finish and great cross from Kongolo.

Its funny how things change in football, last Sunday I was down in the dumps with negative thoughts etc. This evening and the whole mood seems to have changed.
Let's hope we carry this momentum into Tuesdays game and get another positive result.

chrisd_123

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 23, 2017, 08:59:12 pm by chrisd_123 »
What a shame it was to see McCormick fumble a soft catch in the buildup to our second. Was really gutted for him. Honest.

I was equally gutted. I felt really bad for him when he spilt the really easy catch and when Alfie May smashed the ball into his face from a yard away, setting up Marquis. Real shame...

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on September 23, 2017, 09:01:01 pm by MachoMadness »

Ah, how times change.

Trump in the White House, players scrapping on the pitch, BST posting on the forums again. Aren't they the three signs of the Apocalypse?

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on September 23, 2017, 09:06:29 pm by bobjimwilly »

nearly spat out my tea when I heard him say that  :lol:

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on September 23, 2017, 09:33:26 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

Ah, how times change.

Certainly do. I was ten years old then for example!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on September 23, 2017, 09:35:13 pm by drfchound »
They were all good finishes by our players but if we had lost 3-0 the goals would have been summed up as follows:
1. Our defender marking the scorer let him go for the second phase, leaving him unmarked to head in after the defence failed to clear the ball.
2. The keeper made a hash by not pushing the ball away from goal and the scorer was left unmarked.
3. The left back allowed the ball to be crossed into the box and the scorer ran unmarked into a scoring position.
Also the keeper should have done better.

However, happily we have won the game today so we only see the positives from our side of things.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on September 23, 2017, 09:47:58 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Ah, how times change.

Trump in the White House, players scrapping on the pitch, BST posting on the forums again. Aren't they the three signs of the Apocalypse?

There's only so long a man can sell his soul to the Kremlin, posting fake adds on Facebook. I had to come back to my spiritual home eventually.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on September 23, 2017, 10:11:08 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

think McCormack's mother must have been  Nun because he makes a habit of it

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39523256

"Third-placed Pompey levelled when Gary Roberts latched on to Luke McCormack's fumble from Kyle Bennett's CROSS."

think I remember another fumble by him giving a goal away this season

I haven't seen all the goals rovers have conceded but I can't remember a stupid goal being given away evina-esque etc for a long long while

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on September 23, 2017, 10:13:04 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

Ah, how times change.

makes you wonder which team these Rushden fans support now if anybody

Northampton Town is near ?

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on September 23, 2017, 10:17:44 pm by MachoMadness »
Well, it's good to have you back BST. Now, about Paul Heffernan...

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on September 23, 2017, 10:20:05 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
He'd have scored three in the second half on Wednesday.

Next.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on September 24, 2017, 01:04:59 am by NickDRFC »
They were all good finishes by our players but if we had lost 3-0 the goals would have been summed up as follows:
1. Our defender marking the scorer let him go for the second phase, leaving him unmarked to head in after the defence failed to clear the ball.
2. The keeper made a hash by not pushing the ball away from goal and the scorer was left unmarked.
3. The left back allowed the ball to be crossed into the box and the scorer ran unmarked into a scoring position.

However, happily we have won the game today so we only see the positives from our side of things.

Is there any need for this? It's natural for us to look at the positive aspects of goals we score and discuss whether any goals conceded were preventable - I'm sure the Plymouth forum isn't full of comments about good crosses or Butler putting his head in where it hurts!

balbyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on September 24, 2017, 07:03:29 am by balbyrover »

Is there any need for this? It's natural for us to look at the positive aspects of goals we score and discuss whether any goals conceded were preventable - I'm sure the Plymouth forum isn't full of comments about good crosses or Butler putting his head in where it hurts!

Its a bit of trying to look at it from a neutral perspective.  I dont mind it to be honest, what he says is true. The defending on all three goals wasnt great,but on the other hand its down to our players to put the pressure on and force the mistakes and of course to apply the finishing touch.

Its a good win but I'm not getting carried away. Tuesday will be a much more difficult game I would imagine against a Shrewsbury side who haven't lost in the league upto now. Hopefully we can have more of the same from yesterday.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on September 24, 2017, 08:00:14 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Alfie is a real livewire around the box. More reason to shoot on sight as Alfie's quick enough to react to rebounds and become a real fox in the box.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on September 24, 2017, 01:08:43 pm by IDM »
no need for any kefuffle over their sending off - the bloke got wound up and lashed out.  The ref saw it, red card and a suspension to follow.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on September 24, 2017, 04:17:57 pm by drfchound »

Its a bit of trying to look at it from a neutral perspective.  I dont mind it to be honest, what he says is true. The defending on all three goals wasnt great,but on the other hand its down to our players to put the pressure on and force the mistakes and of course to apply the finishing touch.

Its a good win but I'm not getting carried away. Tuesday will be a much more difficult game I would imagine against a Shrewsbury side who haven't lost in the league upto now. Hopefully we can have more of the same from yesterday.

Cheers for that balbyrover, you have spotted exactly what I was trying to get over.
As Nick himself ATS, the Plymouth forum won't be full of how Butler put his he'd in etc.
However, when we concede a goal it is crazy to read how some of our fans pick on certain players for their mistakes without considering that the opposition may have done well themselves.
Just a bit of perspective, that is all.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012