Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 12:30:14 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Next game  (Read 12732 times)

essexrover

• Forum Member
Next game
« on October 21, 2017, 05:30:44 pm by essexrover »
15 matches into the season & Bury away is already a relegation "6 pointer"  :(

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: Next game
« Reply #1 on October 21, 2017, 09:11:45 pm by RedJ »
Don't be daft, it's all fine. Just ask dickos.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on October 21, 2017, 09:45:46 pm by dickos1 »
Win and we're on the verge of the top half
#disaster

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 21, 2017, 09:49:07 pm by RedJ »
And if we lose to Bury we'll likely be in the relegation zone.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on October 21, 2017, 10:10:32 pm by dickos1 »
We are
But you're talking like it's a fact

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on October 21, 2017, 10:39:29 pm by The Red Baron »
For me, Fergie is on borrowed time. He has three games at most - Bury, Ebbsfleet, Rotherham - to turn things round.

He doesn't have to win all three, but he does have to see that we pick up some points and don't trip on that FA Cup banana skin. Otherwise even our very patient Board will be thinking "enough is enough."

I wasn't impressed by him sitting down after we went 2-0 down. Ironically I think one of his problems is that he shouts too much at the players - it stops them from taking responsibility because they are always looking to the touchline for a solution. However it just looked like petulance to me. Can't think it impressed the powers that be either.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 21, 2017, 10:54:02 pm by RedJ »
We are
But you're talking like it's a fact

And you talk as if him turning things around is going to be fact too.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on October 21, 2017, 10:59:49 pm by dickos1 »
I don't
I'd be happy to finish where we are now and push on next year.
We've not been in the relegation zone all season yet people are convinced we're going down

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 21, 2017, 11:03:36 pm by RedJ »
Aye, well, you'd be trying to convince me the world wasn't ending if four horsemen rode out of the sky because we weren't dead yet, so we'll just leave it at that.

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 21, 2017, 11:32:25 pm by Lifelong supporter »
For me, Fergie is on borrowed time. He has three games at most - Bury, Ebbsfleet, Rotherham - to turn things round.

He doesn't have to win all three, but he does have to see that we pick up some points and don't trip on that FA Cup banana skin. Otherwise even our very patient Board will be thinking "enough is enough."

I wasn't impressed by him sitting down after we went 2-0 down. Ironically I think one of his problems is that he shouts too much at the players - it stops them from taking responsibility because they are always looking to the touchline for a solution. However it just looked like petulance to me. Can't think it impressed the powers that be either.

'Our very patient Board'?
You mean the Board that chose him?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 21, 2017, 11:33:58 pm by Chris Black come back »
I don't
We've not been in the relegation zone all season yet people are convinced we're going down

Point a game will leave you on very edge of relegation places. This I think is what folk are concerned about.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on October 21, 2017, 11:44:13 pm by PDX_Rover »

Stupid comment. For many reasons.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on October 22, 2017, 01:30:25 am by RoversAlias »
#disaster

We're three points behind 16th mate.

Starting to think you're on a wind-up at this point.

Akinfenwa

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on October 22, 2017, 01:37:04 am by Akinfenwa »
We could be 'on the verge of top half' in a world where everyone above us can somehow lose on the same weekend and we get 5 points for winning at Bury.

Unfortunately this isn't a world that most of us inhabit.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on October 22, 2017, 07:02:51 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I don't

Point a game will leave you on very edge of relegation places. This I think is what folk are concerned about.

Exactly and it mirrors exactly what we got last time round.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on October 22, 2017, 07:34:06 am by dickos1 »
#disaster

We're 3 points off the relegation zone but we're certainties to go down

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on October 22, 2017, 07:36:27 am by mushRTID »
#disaster

We are not certainties to go down.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on October 22, 2017, 07:53:59 am by The Red Baron »

Yes, they chose him. But the board that appointed Dickov was different and the current board gave him more time than he'd have had at many clubs.

I can think of a number of clubs where Dickov would have been out after one season and Ferguson would have been fired when we got relegated to League Two.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on October 22, 2017, 08:02:45 am by Donnywolf »

Just as well he did'nt try to leave early as he would have been killed in the rush !

Maybe his sitting down pointed the way to his possible successor in Gavin Strachan ?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on October 22, 2017, 08:05:23 am by dickos1 »
#disaster

Frost family say we are

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on October 22, 2017, 08:36:53 am by mrfrostsdad »
#disaster

Dickos, stop talking total and upper crap. You have never once seen me say we will get relegated. For the record, I don't think we will get relegated because I think, as unbelievable as it is after yesterday's performance, there are four worse teams in the league than us.
Your total refusal to accept that anything is bad within our football club is getting rather boring now. Please accept that yesterday we were as awful as we were good in the second half at Blackburn, but that in general what we have been served up with this season so far has not been good enough. And also please accept that Ferguson is not a Demi-God. He has no plan B and showed his petulance yesterday when he threw the teddy out of the cot.
Just accept all that and move on for Gods sake

Frost family say we are

Surrey Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on October 22, 2017, 09:11:46 am by Surrey Rover »
Whatever league position we are in now historical analysis of seasons past will show teams who average a point a game over an entire season will be relegated (46 points). That is where we are  this season and what DF achieved in his last season in league one with us. Add to the fact we have dropped several points against a lot of the poorer teams in the division (Gillingham, Wimbledon, Northampton) and it doesn't bode well. We might be 18th now on a point a game but I'll bet my last bottom dollar that come the end of the season we won't be 18th if we maintain a point a game.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on October 22, 2017, 09:48:54 am by RedJ »
Nah, we'll be fine. Don't ask me why, just got this magical tingly feeling. :silly:

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on October 22, 2017, 11:49:05 am by Lifelong supporter »

Stupid comment. For many reasons.

And they are...?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on October 22, 2017, 11:59:15 am by dickos1 »
#disaster

Dickos, stop talking total and upper crap. You have never once seen me say we will get relegated. For the record, I don't think we will get relegated because I think, as unbelievable as it is after yesterday's performance, there are four worse teams in the league than us.
Your total refusal to accept that anything is bad within our football club is getting rather boring now. Please accept that yesterday we were as awful as we were good in the second half at Blackburn, but that in general what we have been served up with this season so far has not been good enough. And also please accept that Ferguson is not a Demi-God. He has no plan B and showed his petulance yesterday when he threw the teddy out of the cot.
Just accept all that and move on for Gods sake

Frost family say we are

You need to have a little think.

Said on numerous occasions I'm not a massive fan of ferguson. I've also never said there's nothing wrong with the Club.

On the flip side you think everything is wrong with the club, and your negativity is a joke.
Even after a win you manage to turn it into a negative.
If you occasionally praised a performance or praised ferguson when something goes well your negativity would be listened to more.
But everything that you type is negative, everything

essexrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on October 22, 2017, 01:05:15 pm by essexrover »
As Mush said above we are not certainties to go down, and for the record I still think we have a squad good enough to stay up. But with these patchy,at best, performances it is a precarious position we find ourselves in. It's nothing unusual for a newly promoted team to have a bit of a struggle to start with, but we really do need to sort things out ASAP.  A few players need to concentrate better,up their game a bit & we won't be far off. It's not a disaster YET, but it could be if we're not careful.

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on October 22, 2017, 02:24:48 pm by sheffield exile1 »
As Mush said above we are not certainties to go down, and for the record I still think we have a squad good enough to stay up. But with these patchy,at best, performances it is a precarious position we find ourselves in. It's nothing unusual for a newly promoted team to have a bit of a struggle to start with, but we really do need to sort things out ASAP.  A few players need to concentrate better,up their game a bit & we won't be far off. It's not a disaster YET, but it could be if we're not careful.

likee when  we are 21st in March?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on October 22, 2017, 03:30:07 pm by RedJ »
We do have a squad good enough to stay up. Question is, do we have a manager good enough to keep us up.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on October 22, 2017, 03:34:48 pm by Chris Black come back »

We are almost precisely a third of the league season gone. We have a point a game average. This would deliver us 46 points at current rate and would probably see us down eight or nine seasons out of ten. The form to date is of concern.

essexrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on October 22, 2017, 07:39:22 pm by essexrover »

likee when  we are 21st in March?
As I said, not a disaster YET.  21st in March obviously would be !!!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012