Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 11, 2024, 06:32:15 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Football Manager  (Read 2107 times)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
Football Manager
« on October 27, 2017, 08:50:58 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Anyone play this?

Beta for FM18 came out today for anyone who pre-ordered and I've just started as Rovers. Pretty similar to FM17 just with a couple extra features added in.

Not sure who the researcher for us is or if he's on here or not but they have McCullough out for 11 months even though he should be back in the next few weeks? Danny Andrew is fully fit on it aswell despite being out for the season.

Attribute wise theres some odd ones -
Ben Khemis - I know players are judged by their previous clubs but I'm not sure if they have them for clubs like Lorient? His ability makes him look like a defensive midfielder but for us so far he seems more attacking and not great defensively?
Rowe - Was shit on FM17 and is about the same on here. Bit odd for someone who is possibly our best player.
Wright - Terrible and no potential, I guess it's not judged so far on this season so he'll hopefully get an upgrade.
Butler - Maybe could be slightly better.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: Football Manager
« Reply #1 on October 27, 2017, 09:07:03 pm by RedJ »
I don't get why Khemis is down as a CM when he's a winger...

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on October 27, 2017, 10:02:50 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Ah you must 42 e played Rowe wrong. Got 15 goals a season for me in last version.

Not moving on to the new one yet. Got a European campaign with Donny to finish.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 28, 2017, 07:16:45 am by GazLaz »
I didn’t think this was even still a thing.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 28, 2017, 08:44:57 am by DonnyOsmond »
Ah you must 42 e played Rowe wrong. Got 15 goals a season for me in last version.

Not moving on to the new one yet. Got a European campaign with Donny to finish.

I mean he just has a few attributes that look low like 11 for dribbling. His ability to play at left back seems a bit too high as well for me.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 28, 2017, 10:18:15 am by RedJ »
I didn’t think this was even still a thing.

Take it you've never seen Wimbledon or Watford's shirts then?

nightporter

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on October 28, 2017, 10:42:42 am by nightporter »
I'm still playing FM11.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 28, 2017, 04:02:42 pm by NickDRFC »
I'm still playing CM01-02. Cherno Samba and Tonton Zola Moukoko up top.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 28, 2017, 04:16:35 pm by MachoMadness »
Many good memories of Football/Champ Manager but I haven't played since 2013 or so. Probably for the best!

My favourite FM story is the one about the bloke who was playing as Galatasary and got to the CL semi-final. To recreate the atmosphere of the Ali Semi Yen he set his waste paper basket on fire. The fire got out of control and he had to call the fire brigade because of course that happened. He lost on away goals.

afro goal machine

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 28, 2017, 05:39:16 pm by afro goal machine »
I'm still playing CM01-02. Cherno Samba and Tonton Zola Moukoko up top.

Justin Jackson is a goal machine in conference and div 3

DevilMayCry

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on October 29, 2017, 11:56:37 am by DevilMayCry »
I pre-ordered the game but I will only play the full game (I'll receive the key on 9-10 november).

craigdrfc

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on October 29, 2017, 04:18:23 pm by craigdrfc »
I usually wait til the January update as by that time they have ironed out most of the bugs you get in beta and version 1.

That said, I bought FM17 and have hardly played it. Its a serious time commitment these days to have any success as the game is so in-depth. I preferred it when you could do a season in a day!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on October 31, 2017, 12:50:41 am by BillyStubbsTears »
I gave up playing about 1996. If you signed Nicolas Ouedec from Nantes, you won every match about 8-0 and got rubbed down by Emmanuelle Beart.

Not much left to achieve after that.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on October 31, 2017, 12:58:24 am by Bentley Bullet »
I last played in 2002, retiring at the top after winning the European cup with York City, after getting sacked by Rovers!

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on November 01, 2017, 01:42:05 pm by Mike_F »
Its a serious time commitment these days to have any success as the game is so in-depth. I preferred it when you could do a season in a day!

Ditto. The early 2000s had it about right. I liked the growth of media interaction from circa 2012 but then it became frustrating as the range of replies to questions was limited and never seemed quite right. When they've got the AI to such a level that it understands bespoke comments to players, staff and press it'll be more interesting.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on November 01, 2017, 05:42:45 pm by RedJ »
You already can have bespoke comments to players. For example, if you criticise an opposing striker in the run up, it's 100% nailed on he'll get a hat trick against you. :laugh:

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on November 06, 2017, 03:25:15 pm by Mike_F »
Aye but is it still selected from a list or can you type in anything you like and get an appropriate reaction?

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on November 06, 2017, 04:33:46 pm by MachoMadness »

I liked the growth of media interaction from circa 2012 but then it became frustrating as the range of replies to questions was limited and never seemed quite right.

I don't know, that sounds pretty much like real life to me!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on November 06, 2017, 05:15:38 pm by RedJ »
Aye but is it still selected from a list or can you type in anything you like and get an appropriate reaction?

Well, not sure about how it works, but you can type in (on press conferences - I think you still can, you could last year but I've since handed it to my assistant) swear words and it picks up on the fact that you've done that in the news item about what you've said. Other than that, apart from basically telling the world who you want to score past you, that's it.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012