Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 09:37:42 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Win at Bury and a trip to FGR  (Read 7970 times)

d3d4

• Forum Member
Win at Bury and a trip to FGR
« on October 30, 2017, 03:36:12 pm by d3d4 »
Hi guys,

please have a listen to our latest podcast here http://d3d4football.com/d3d4-football-podcast-episode-16-week-16-review/ we look back at your win over Bury, very surprised if Lee Clarke stays after this but it looks like they might stick for now?!

also have a read of this excellent account of a Morecambe fan's trip to Forest Green Rovers, a club certainly doing things differently http://d3d4football.com/the-forest-green-rovers-experience-by-roger-fitton/

We are still looking for a Doncaster fan to be our correspondent for your club on DD4Football.com so please get in touch at info@d3d4football.com if you are interested.

thanks again all,

james

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Jenny

• VSC Member
Re: Win at Bury and a trip to FGR
« Reply #1 on October 30, 2017, 03:51:46 pm by Jenny »
Nothing worse than Vegans who force their beliefs on everyone else!

essexrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 30, 2017, 03:59:45 pm by essexrover »
Nobody is forcing Veganism on anybody. They are merely highlighting the fact that you can eat tasty,nourishing & filling food without the torture,abuse & death. Well done FGR.

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on October 30, 2017, 04:12:45 pm by Jenny »
And putting up loads of signs and removing all meat and diary from the ground. Hardly giving anyone a choice is it?

It doesn't surprise me that the person who wrote the article was so desperate to go, having basically called meat eaters murderers.

essexrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 30, 2017, 04:18:14 pm by essexrover »
And putting up loads of signs and removing all meat and diary from the ground. Hardly giving anyone a choice is it?

It doesn't surprise me that the person who wrote the article was so desperate to go, having basically called meat eaters murderers.
Football should reflect society. And society is changing its eating habits, so what FGR are doing is in line with what many people are doing.
Merely pointing out that if people are more open-minded,there is an alternative. Jenny go to FGR & try something different, your taste buds will thank you.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 04:22:37 pm by essexrover »

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 30, 2017, 04:34:20 pm by NickDRFC »

Somebody once told me there's nothing worse than a tie that doesn't reach the belt. In my opinion there's nothing worse than people saying there's nothing worse than matters which are frankly very trivial 😂

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on October 30, 2017, 04:40:29 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

No choice? There's always a choice!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh7v7WstX-s

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 30, 2017, 05:24:51 pm by RedJ »

The Holocaust is up there tbf.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on October 30, 2017, 05:41:24 pm by i_ateallthepies »
I'm with you on this Jenny.  What FGR are doing essexrover is in line with what a minuscule minority of people are doing, and are forcing it down people's throats to boot.

What 'many people are doing' is exercising their freedom to eat meat because they enjoy it and choose to. In my 60+ years I have met quite a few people, only one was vegan. 

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on October 30, 2017, 05:54:51 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
I'm with you on this Jenny.  What FGR are doing essexrover is in line with what a minuscule minority of people are doing, and are forcing it down people's throats to boot.

What 'many people are doing' is exercising their freedom to eat meat because they enjoy it and choose to. In my 60+ years I have met quite a few people, only one was vegan. 

But they shouldn't be able to exercise their freedom not to sell meat, just because you want to eat it? And you say they're the ones forcing it down your throat!

essexrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 30, 2017, 05:59:04 pm by essexrover »

Hardly a miniscule minority ! More & more vegan restaurants are opening across the country. Even McDonalds are jumping on the bandwagon with a vegan option !?!? 
You're right about having the freedom to eat what you want though but what about a cow's or pig's freedom to live it's life?
And we haven't even touched on the environmental aspect (that's for another time) And if you REALLY do have to eat meat & REALLY can't manage 90 minutes without a burger or hot dog I'm sure you'll manage to find one somewhere before you get to the ground.
One last thing. How do you know you've only ever met one Vegan ? Do you ask everybody you meet if they're Vegan or not ? How bizarre ! I'm only 53 but I've met hundreds. Possibly thousands, who knows 😀

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on October 30, 2017, 06:00:36 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Where did I say they shouldn't be able to do that Glynn?  I just say they're forcing their view on others, nothing else.  That's just you twisting what I said because you don't like it.  Perhaps that's you forcing your view on others eh?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on October 30, 2017, 06:01:14 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
I suppose if FGR decided not to sell any food at all that they'd then be forcing people to starve... :silly:

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on October 30, 2017, 06:02:34 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Where did I say they shouldn't be able to do that Glynn?  I just say they're forcing their view on others, nothing else.  That's just you twisting what I said because you don't like it.  Perhaps that's you forcing your view on others eh?

I quoted you exactly - read what you wrote.

Which views of mine am I forcing on you? Bear in mind I'm a meat eater.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on October 30, 2017, 06:05:24 pm by i_ateallthepies »
No surprise you came back with that answer essex.  let me qualify what should be obvious what I meant i.e.  in the context of eating out with hundreds of people, I have only met one Vegan.  They can't be a true vegan whilst eating in a not vegan restaurant and just choose from the menu without needing to clarify what exactly was used in the cooking.

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on October 30, 2017, 06:16:08 pm by coventryrover »
I go to footy to watch the match not review the place for the Michelin guide

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on October 30, 2017, 06:21:26 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
I go to footy to watch the match not review the place for the Michelin guide

Quite. I haven't bought food at a football match for over twenty years. I would probably go to FGR and not notice a thing. I certainly wouldn't feel as if I'd been forced to do anything so I don't get why some people are getting all Violet Elizabeth Bott about it.

swintonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on October 30, 2017, 08:21:56 pm by swintonrover »
I've been to Forest Green. Nearly everybody to a man was eating chips. Not like they were force feeding them cabbage and sprouts.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on October 30, 2017, 09:11:09 pm by i_ateallthepies »

You quoted me exactly did you?  It's all there in black and white what I said.  You must lead an extremely dull life to want to make an argument from what started as a perfectly reasonable exchange of opinions.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on October 30, 2017, 09:12:32 pm by Chris Black come back »
If this thread doesn't appear in Popular Stand then I am James Meara.

Tarkovsky_Mikluzhkin

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on October 30, 2017, 09:17:23 pm by Tarkovsky_Mikluzhkin »
Correct me if I'm wrong but by the rules of capitalism aren't FGR allowed to run their 'business' however they want and if the 'customers' don't like it, FGR go out of business and are replaced by something else. Furthermore, I'm sure those talking about choice and being forced etc.. would be rolling their eyes and whispering "snowflake" just like the rest of us if a vegan were to throw a strop because a barbaque place had a lack of non meat option's.

However, the dark hearted cynic in me thinks that rather than FGR's menu being thought up by a bunch of well meaning eco friendly bearded liberals. It's probably been thought up by an overpayed marketing firm in the hope of spreading FGR's fan Base beyond its geographical boundaries and becoming every vegans 2nd favourite team.... I could be wrong of course but the fact they've got Green in their name makes me more suspicious than if say Farnborough or someone had done it. Benefit of the doubt maybe.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on October 30, 2017, 09:20:25 pm by Chris Black come back »
As the article touches upon, it is their owner who demands all this stuff.

Given he is bankrolling the club I guess it is the least he can have control over. In same way that JR used to pick the kits for us each season. Don't think I particularly gave the shit so long as he kept stuffing the money in to the club to cover our losses each season.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on October 30, 2017, 10:04:04 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

You quoted me exactly did you?  It's all there in black and white what I said.  You must lead an extremely dull life to want to make an argument from what started as a perfectly reasonable exchange of opinions.

Sorry, but to me 'forcing it down peoples throats to boot' - which is the bit I quoted I referred to -  when they're doing nothing of the sort but only exercising the same freedom as a meat eater, it sounds like someone having a tantrum, not a reasonable exchange of opinions.

anne honemous

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on October 30, 2017, 10:16:39 pm by anne honemous »
There's nothing I prefer more than a good meaty product, but if we played FGR then for just one afternoon I wouldn't mind trying something out of the ordinary.

It's a bit like going abroad and trying the local cuisine.

Obviously, if I lived in Nailsworth then the lack of pies/sausages/meaty products on matchdays would become slightly irritating when they're available at every other stadium in the country - including Shortwood United, just half a mile or so down the hill.

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on October 31, 2017, 07:35:18 am by Jenny »

Football should reflect society. And society is changing its eating habits, so what FGR are doing is in line with what many people are doing.
Merely pointing out that if people are more open-minded,there is an alternative. Jenny go to FGR & try something different, your taste buds will thank you.

I have two vegans and two vegetarians in my circle of close friends so I am more than used to trying something different and my taste buds thanking me.

I know that if they cook for me, I should expect not to eat meat/dairy and I very much respect that, and I would always cook a suitable dish for them. The difference is, when I go round theirs, they don't have propaganda all over their kitchen about why I shouldn't eat meat...

I wonder what FGR would do if someone took a pasty in?

My views on what they are doing are probably tainted by the person who wrote the article, who quite frankly, comes across as a knob.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on October 31, 2017, 08:16:13 am by bobjimwilly »
My views on what they are doing are probably tainted by the person who wrote the article, who quite frankly, comes across as a knob.

this

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on October 31, 2017, 08:29:25 am by SydneyRover »
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on October 31, 2017, 08:33:50 am by idler »
We talk about freedom of choice but don't the FGR players have no option but to eat a vegan meal before home matches?
Imagine the outcry and bad publicity if a vegan was forced to eat meat or a Muslim player non-halal meat. Trying to change people's eating habits by force will never change.
How many vegans are happy to wear leather and suede?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on October 31, 2017, 08:39:29 am by GazLaz »
They are getting paid by the club so they are entitled to control their diet.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on October 31, 2017, 08:43:40 am by Glyn_Wigley »
They are getting paid by the club so they are entitled to control their diet.

Quite. They have the choice of signing for the club or not. No-one puts a gun to their head and forces them to do anything.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012