Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 11:01:35 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: First goal  (Read 2446 times)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
First goal
« on November 05, 2017, 07:42:14 am by GazLaz »
Everywhere reporting it was Blair, it was actually Rowe wasn’t it?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dknward2

• VSC Member
Re: First goal
« Reply #1 on November 05, 2017, 09:51:50 am by dknward2 »
From the limited highlights I’ve seen it was Rowe

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on November 05, 2017, 10:25:23 am by The Red Baron »
Had a look at the highlights on BBC iPlayer this morning. Definitely Rowe for the first.

I don't know what Lawlor was thinking for the penalty. No need to do that. Their keeper provided his own comic turn for our third. And I really couldn't see what we got our penalty for. Not that I'm complaining.

Here's to a decent draw tomorrow. Preferably at home.

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on November 05, 2017, 10:27:37 am by Michael Shaw »
It is annoying. FlashScores and the official Rovers site (https://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/matches/results/) both show it was Blair and yet other sites and reports say Rowe scored the first and last goals. Don't know what we are supposed to believe but consistent reporting would be nice assuming they all saw the same match.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on November 05, 2017, 10:40:45 am by Donnywolf »
Absolutely no doubt who scored. "They" can always look at the massive 10 on the back of the scorer !

Blair was credited on Sky too

TRB - Neither do I (on their Pen)

I think ours was given for the trip on Marquis (Ive seen them not given) and the ball then went out of the area. Will have another look !

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on November 05, 2017, 12:32:44 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Most reports (including Rovers DROS match centre and BBC) have now been corrected. It seems realtime headline scores  are slow to correct. There was a stage that e.g. the BBC headline score had Blair while the match report underneath written later had Rowe.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on November 05, 2017, 01:12:15 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Dutch

As I said elsewhere, the BBC gets its on-the-spot facts from the Press Association. They got it wrong by crediting the goal to Blair. The commentator for BBC Radio Sheffield (and Radio 5 updates) called it right at the time.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on November 05, 2017, 07:45:57 pm by drfchound »
Had a look at the highlights on BBC iPlayer this morning. Definitely Rowe for the first.

I don't know what Lawlor was thinking for the penalty. No need to do that. Their keeper provided his own comic turn for our third. And I really couldn't see what we got our penalty for. Not that I'm complaining.

Here's to a decent draw tomorrow. Preferably at home.

Our pen clearly was given for a trip on Marquis.
The fact that he was moving away from goal is irrelevant, he was fouled in the 18 yard box.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on November 05, 2017, 07:58:12 pm by The Red Baron »
Having seen it again on the BBC highlights show it was a foul on Marquis and a good spot by the referee.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on November 06, 2017, 09:49:08 am by bobjimwilly »
their penalty should have been re-taken; their #4 was a yard inside the penalty area when the ball was kicked

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on November 06, 2017, 09:56:43 am by NickDRFC »
their penalty should have been re-taken; their #4 was a yard inside the penalty area when the ball was kicked

Happens everywhere, I've no doubt that one of our players was in the box when theirs was taken and likewise I'll bet that one or two of ours were guilty of being inside on Coppinger's penalty (as well as their defenders I'm sure). Unless it has any direct influence (ie if Lawlor had saved it and number 4 had followed up) not sure that there is much point ordering the retake - would be non-stop penalty retakes if that was the case.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on November 06, 2017, 10:47:34 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Nick.

That's no argument for not applying the Law though. If the Law on encroachment was properly applied, it'd be stamped out in a fortnight.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on November 06, 2017, 01:11:24 pm by bobjimwilly »
Nick.

That's no argument for not applying the Law though. If the Law on encroachment was properly applied, it'd be stamped out in a fortnight.

exactly. I agree it happens everywhere; so why don't referees apply the law?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012