Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 08:26:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Whiteman  (Read 4495 times)

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
Re: Whiteman
« Reply #30 on January 09, 2018, 11:56:46 am by steve@dcfd »
If we could get Whiteman back on a permanent then Houghton later too we would have two very good players on which to build our Championship squad hopes .

I agree with you, but  i don’t believe it will happen. The financial packages required will be beyond sustainability.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on January 09, 2018, 12:08:38 pm by graingrover »
I guess that a five year plan needs to have 5 annual budgets all of which would be divided between ongoing wage bill and incoming and outgoing transfers. If I am following correctly we are now in season two of the build  A transfer outlay on Ben W is unlikely to fit this season's budget limits because it would not have been a foreseeable outlay /opportunity at this juncture . However the opportunity is likely to be NOW rather than in the summer and missing the opportunity might be counterproductive in terms of the end 5 year target.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on January 09, 2018, 12:11:03 pm by steve@dcfd »
I guess that a five year plan needs to have 5 annual budgets all of which would be divided between ongoing wage bill and incoming and outgoing transfers. If I am following correctly we are now in season two of the build  A transfer outlay on Ben W is unlikely to fit this season's budget limits because it would not have been a foreseeable outlay /opportunity at this juncture . However the opportunity is likely to be NOW rather than in the summer and missing the opportunity might be counterproductive in terms of the end 5 year target.

That’s good and I agree but the club could prove me wrong but I don’t think so.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on January 09, 2018, 12:37:49 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
That's a case in all funding matters, and DF may make a case for some additional spending now to possibly offset against next seasons budget. On the face of it it seems he has a good case.

It'll all come out in the wash...maybe.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on January 09, 2018, 01:37:11 pm by steve@dcfd »
Maybe we will sign Whiteman and another left sided midfield player. Depends how much washing the club wants to do.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012