Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 08:01:42 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Kiwomya and McCullougch  (Read 7696 times)

deebee

• Forum Member
Kiwomya and McCullougch
« on January 14, 2018, 04:02:29 pm by deebee »
To be given 45 mins each on a week on Tuesday against Scunthorpe, both looking very sharp in training.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

graingrover

• VSC Member
Re: Kiwomya and McCullougch
« Reply #1 on January 14, 2018, 04:05:15 pm by graingrover »
Mc Cullough could give that sharpness in the tackle  in midfield allowing JH to play more the distribution rôle which he is getting very good at .

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 14, 2018, 05:44:03 pm by Alan Southstand »
Graing, don't be expecting much from McCullough for some time. He's been out for a very long time!

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 14, 2018, 06:47:47 pm by phil old leake »
Personally can’t wait for his return. I’m hoping him and Houghton will compliment each other

RugbyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 14, 2018, 06:54:19 pm by RugbyRover »
if mcculloch gets back to his best then we won't be signing Houghton in the summer

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 14, 2018, 06:55:38 pm by roversdude »
Why ? Different class

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 14, 2018, 07:00:33 pm by Jonathan »
if mcculloch gets back to his best then we won't be signing Houghton in the summer

I like McCullough and he’s versatile, but he’s nowhere near the class of Jordan Houghton. Securing Houghton longer term would be a huge boost. Our best midfielder by some distance.

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 14, 2018, 07:14:11 pm by elmsallrover »
There's only 1 place for mcculloch and that's in the back four way to slow for midfield

WarwickRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 14, 2018, 07:33:11 pm by WarwickRover »
IMO we can forget Kiwomya and McCullough for this season, at best it will take them at least 6 games to get upto match fitness at best. These boys have had a serious injury/illness. I hope they get to the end of the season with a few games under their belt and no injuries  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 14, 2018, 07:55:58 pm by Campsall rover »
There's only 1 place for mcculloch and that's in the back four way to slow for midfield
Rubbish. Looked a far better player in Defensive midfield position than he did at centre back.
Just my opinion.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 14, 2018, 08:00:38 pm by Campsall rover »
Why not. We could do with both of them. The more quality the better. They don’t both have to play in all matches do they. We need a strong squad with quality on the bench if we are to make a promotion challenge next season.

TheFunk

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 14, 2018, 08:01:15 pm by TheFunk »
Yet throughout yesterdays game Jordan was constantly being bollcked by Fergie. In fact at one point I thought he'd changed his name to What the f**k are you doing Jordan Houghton.

Andy Walkden

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 14, 2018, 08:01:47 pm by Andy Walkden »
If luke mccullogh is going in are midfield i fear the worst

southwestexile

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 14, 2018, 08:11:20 pm by southwestexile »
Excellent news, the more we have available, the better chance of making the play offs/staying up, depending on how full your glass is

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 14, 2018, 08:13:54 pm by Jonathan »
Yet throughout yesterdays game Jordan was constantly being bollcked by Fergie. In fact at one point I thought he'd changed his name to What the f**k are you doing Jordan Houghton.

I can’t imagine why. I thought he was excellent on and off the ball. His passing has come on this season and he seems to make time for himself in a way that others can’t. I love watching him play.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 14, 2018, 08:20:24 pm by drfchound »

I can’t imagine why. I thought he was excellent on and off the ball. His passing has come on this season and he seems to make time for himself in a way that others can’t. I love watching him play.

Maybe the manager is demanding things from him that us well informed supporters don’t see?

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 14, 2018, 08:21:31 pm by bpoolrover »
Not sure luke would get in the team even fully fit, were not that bad a side we need 2 defensive midfielders playing at same time, we look far better when we're attack minded

TheFunk

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 14, 2018, 08:29:10 pm by TheFunk »

Bizarrely it was mainly during the first half. I think he thought he was too slow coming out after defending set pieces where a couple of times I noticed he was the last man out and seemed to have gone to sleep a bit. I noticed Tommy have a go at him a couple of times as well.

RugbyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 14, 2018, 08:41:34 pm by RugbyRover »
Why ? Different class

budget.

we spent the Houghton money on whiteman. McCulloch is just as good as Houghton IF he gets back to his best. So we'll spend what cash we have on the last piece of the jigsaw - a striker

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on January 14, 2018, 09:40:19 pm by silent majority »
To be given 45 mins each on a week on Tuesday against Scunthorpe, both looking very sharp in training.

Not sure where you have this from. Nobody would select a team 10 days before it takes place. The only plan so far is that both players will take part in development games this month.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on January 14, 2018, 09:43:03 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Why ? Different class

budget.

we spent the Houghton money on whiteman. McCulloch is just as good as Houghton IF he gets back to his best. So we'll spend what cash we have on the last piece of the jigsaw - a striker

I thought that had been put to bed, Whiteman was bought on a sound business plan as Houghton wasn’t expected to be fit let alone in a position to be signed.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on January 14, 2018, 10:17:27 pm by RedJ »
But why let that get in the way of a dig at the board.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on January 14, 2018, 10:21:18 pm by Draytonian III »
If Luke McCullough had of been fit last season he would have been transferred a year as now, like wise with this season he would have been in this transfer window. This is why he signed a contract extension after the Euros

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on January 14, 2018, 11:29:22 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Difficult to say with McCullough, as don't know if he'll recover fully but let's hope so. When he's on his game he's quite cute with the ball and I would say he's stronger in the tackle than Jordan. Jordan I think has the edge with passing a little quicker. That said, Jordan seems to have lost a bit of sharpness just lately although his overall performances have been good.

For me Jordan dropped too deep too early in the second half being too cautious and leaving a bigger gap between he and the rest of the midfield. Keegan used to do the same, so we concede territory and have to play longer passes to link up.

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on January 15, 2018, 10:32:23 am by deebee »
It came from Fergie himself on the pre-match interview on Saturday with radio Sheffield.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on January 15, 2018, 10:48:29 am by Bristol Red Rover »

Not sure where you have this from. Nobody would select a team 10 days before it takes place. The only plan so far is that both players will take part in development games this month.

Free Press on Saturday, in brief, "The plan is for Luke to play 45 minutes next Tuesday (Jan 16), Alex the following Tuesday.

We’ll get a couple of games into them and then hopefully they’ll be back with the squad for start of February."

(Thanks Bradford Exile  :thumbsup: )

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on January 15, 2018, 11:45:37 am by RoversAlias »
He's talking about the development games. They obviously aren't going to be thrown in to a league game when they aren't even fully fit.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on January 15, 2018, 04:39:03 pm by silent majority »
Yep, he's definitely talking about the development games which has been reported on several times.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on January 15, 2018, 04:51:54 pm by the vicar »
Why can't we have both aren't they slightly different types of players and both give us something different

RugbyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on January 15, 2018, 06:06:30 pm by RugbyRover »
i'd love to be able to sign the two of them, but they both play the same position and we are crying out for a quality forward to partner Marquis. I'd spend what money we have getting that spot filled and say to Houghton, "sorry son,you missed the boat."

TinyPortal © 2005-2012