Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 10:31:09 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Record change of shirts ?  (Read 1664 times)

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
Record change of shirts ?
« on January 21, 2018, 11:55:11 am by Lincoln Rover »
When Joe Wright went off ( 4 times I believe) did he end up wearing more different shirts than a male model in a Grattons catalogue?
Apologies for showing my age.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

anne honemous

• Forum Member
Re: Record change of shirts ?
« Reply #1 on January 22, 2018, 09:15:59 am by anne honemous »
It gets me why players nowadays have to go off when they get a bit of blood on the shirt.

A stupid rule which is pointless. It never did Terry Butcher any harm! Or Paul Ince, back in the day!

TheDonnyPop

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 22, 2018, 09:42:24 am by TheDonnyPop »
I don't understand why they didn't strap his head up straight away.
As McFerg said on Saturday we played 5 mins of the game without him due to having to keep coming off.

Anyone see how he cut it?

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 22, 2018, 09:45:27 am by bobjimwilly »
Did the ref stop Wright coming back on just before they scored their second goal? Didn't know the ref can stop you coming back on if you go off the pitch and the trainer doesn't come on the pitch?

chrisd_123

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 22, 2018, 10:19:11 am by chrisd_123 »
Did the ref stop Wright coming back on just before they scored their second goal? Didn't know the ref can stop you coming back on if you go off the pitch and the trainer doesn't come on the pitch?

I don't know the exact rule but I guess it's still receiving treatment. I don't think the rule is specifically if the physio comes on, just the treatment. It's the same if someone collides with the advertising hoardings or needs to change their boots for example.

Otherwise I'd guess you could just have players going off and on left, right and centre and the ref has no idea who's who! Extreme example, of course.

And obviously, the refs have no idea anyway!

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 22, 2018, 11:52:36 am by glosterred »
The reasons the shirt is changed when there is a blood injury is to stop possibility to picking up a blood borne disease from the blood on the shirt. This rule has been in for years now

COYR

TinyPortal © 2005-2012