Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 06:04:22 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Darren Ferguson is...  (Read 1403 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Darren Ferguson is...
« on January 23, 2018, 11:35:46 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
...the 19th longest serving manager in his current post in the top 4 divisions.

Only 26 managers have been in post for more than 2 years.

18 have been in post for fewer than 100 days. 34 current managers have taken up theirs post since the end of last season.

Mad, really, isn’t it? I’ve been guilty of prematurely calling for managers to go before, but how can anyone be expected to build a team when the patience of the fans and owners is so short. I have to say, it should be a badge of honour that our club isn’t one that quickly gets rid of managers. We’ve sacked, what? 3 in 17 years?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_Premier_League_and_English_Football_League_managers

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
Re: Darren Ferguson is...
« Reply #1 on January 23, 2018, 11:43:37 pm by Alan Southstand »
You're excused if P Diddy was one of those you wanted rid of. We're still recovering from those lost seasons.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 23, 2018, 11:43:58 pm by since-1969 »
Will the board loosen the purse strings to save our season . Injuries are piling up again and we are desparet now and still picking up points are on good run .

anne honemous

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 23, 2018, 11:48:11 pm by anne honemous »
It was only a couple of seasons back that more than half the clubs in the league changed manager during the course of the season itself.

Ridiculous really and it shows how money is ruining football even at our levels and below.

Too many clubs wanting instant success and not prepared to let any manager build a decent legacy, barring the odd exception here and there.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 23, 2018, 11:50:47 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Loosening the purse strings is not really the right phrase. They've already done that but, I agree, I'm sure they will assist DF with emergency funds if needed. Nobody would want to jeopardise the season. 

TinyPortal © 2005-2012